Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 177730 times)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 04:08:38 PM »

Does it still remove Iron Shell?

Not anymore, I removed the Explo completely, they're no longer present and Naraka is safe again.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:12:28 PM by Great Wound »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2022, 06:19:53 PM »

Hey there,

While I like the Flux Capacitor* and Ordinance Storage mods, I am confused about something. Since they only activate once built-in I have to ask why they cost ordinance points to place. I mean, once built-in they don't cost anything and since they don't do anything until built-in why would they cost ordinance points?  ???

*PS: Regarding Flux Capacitor, I think +50% maintenance cost is a bit too high and I think it'd be better to be +30% at most. Maybe a little lower still, as you're more likely to put it on a large ship and those already have high maintenance costs.

Mrshilka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 11:20:43 PM »

Hello!,

Just a heads up something in this mod restricts built in hullmods to 2 even if like myself you have edited to a higher number.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2022, 02:57:22 PM »

While I like the Flux Capacitor* and Ordinance Storage mods, I am confused about something. Since they only activate once built-in I have to ask why they cost ordinance points to place. I mean, once built-in they don't cost anything and since they don't do anything until built-in why would they cost ordinance points?  ???

*PS: Regarding Flux Capacitor, I think +50% maintenance cost is a bit too high and I think it'd be better to be +30% at most. Maybe a little lower still, as you're more likely to put it on a large ship and those already have high maintenance costs.

The ordinance cost is mostly a legacy thing, in 0.91 there was a bug where the built-in bonus wouldn't apply until you save/reload your game. One of the potential workarounds was to mask the OP saved under the OP cost so that you wouldn't have to save/load. It also disincentives installing the hullmod in all your ships and upgrading them as you acquire SP while exploring the fringes of civilised space

As for the maintenance cost, I've dropped it to 30% for you  ;)

Just a heads up something in this mod restricts built in hullmods to 2 even if like myself you have edited to a higher number.

Ah! I was playing with different values for built-in/logistics and left that settings in the config. Completely forgot about that. I've removed it for the next version.

Currently playing with some tweaks for their military ship line-up. I'll pop'em in the next release.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 03:24:48 PM »

KOC 1.02.24
Strix - +2 Small Energy Hardpoints - hardpoint fix (was turret)
Muninn - AssPack
Huginn - Rebuilt, fixed drone wing +2x small energy mounts
Bodkin - Flux Shunt changed to AssPack - Set to 0 spawn
Valkyrie_Sup - built-in pulse_wing - variant tweaked
NEW SHIPS - Bodkin Ass/Esc
Flux Capacitor - upkeep reduced to 30%
Deleated testing settings  (max Perm/log mods + spac start)
New Ships - Chicken and Squirrel!
Custom Start - More starting options and new starting location

Page 1 Links updated:

BwenGun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 05:26:13 AM »

Just wanted to ask a quick question, I'm playing about in my current campaign and wanted to up the number of built-in hullmods could be added to make some silly load-outs. I've changed "maxPermanentHullmods" in the settings.json, but it wasn't working so did some digging in the mods I've got installed and pinpointed this excellent one as being the thing that was stopping it from applying. So I edited the settings.json within the mod to reflect the games one but the change doesn't seem to be applying. Either in my current save or in new campaigns.

Wondering if you might have any idea what might be causing the new built-in hullmod limit to take effect, and whether there's anything I can do about it on my end?

Tyrant11

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2022, 05:59:03 AM »

Just wanted to ask a quick question, I'm playing about in my current campaign and wanted to up the number of built-in hullmods could be added to make some silly load-outs. I've changed "maxPermanentHullmods" in the settings.json, but it wasn't working so did some digging in the mods I've got installed and pinpointed this excellent one as being the thing that was stopping it from applying. So I edited the settings.json within the mod to reflect the games one but the change doesn't seem to be applying. Either in my current save or in new campaigns.

Wondering if you might have any idea what might be causing the new built-in hullmod limit to take effect, and whether there's anything I can do about it on my end?
I do not see the setting that change "maxPermanentHullmods" in this mod. All I see is the setting that change more officer spawn and sensor uses. Are your mod is up to date?

BwenGun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2022, 06:11:01 AM »

Ah, right, glad to see I'm just being a moron! Thanks for the help!

coolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 12:04:48 AM »

Cool mod. Isnt trying too bite off more then it can chew and looks pretty vanilla friendly. Will try out. Ko forever!!!1

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2022, 05:47:39 AM »

Cool mod. Isnt trying too bite off more then it can chew and looks pretty vanilla friendly.

Thanks, that's what I was going for.

Forewarning, I'm in the process of updating their military ship lineup. I'll be cutting a few so it will kill saves, also adding a couple of 'imports':

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2022, 06:02:56 AM »

y'know the ko combine got a new logo this update, right?

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2022, 06:38:50 AM »

y'know the ko combine got a new logo this update, right?

Yeah, but I prefer the old logo, reminds me of AG Systems.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 11:59:53 AM »

Major update is out: 1.03.27 - Links updated

Ship line-up has received a significant overhaul so it will no doubt break saves....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 12:08:11 PM by Great Wound »

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2022, 09:48:02 PM »

Just wanted to say, the KoC Atlas carrier is so hilariously overpowered it's not even funny. 8 bays, constant 100% replacement rate, Reserve Deployment, and all for just 35 DP. The KoC Odyssey is also overpowered. It shouldn't be possible to fit 2 converging large ballistics and more on a capital with that kind of speed and flux stats

The Ordinance Storage hullmod is also whack. -30% cargo might as well not be a malus on most combat ships, and it affects both ballistic and missiles. Compared to Flux Capacitor, which does have a serious malus, it's just silly.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:09:31 PM by PreConceptor »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2022, 12:34:52 PM »

Just wanted to say, the KoC Atlas carrier is so hilariously overpowered it's not even funny. 8 bays, constant 100% replacement rate, Reserve Deployment, and all for just 35 DP.

I think you're overreacting but I'll admit, the Fighter Chassis Storage is a step too far*; it's an OP-starved glass-hanger. The Converted Cargo Bay nerfs the fighters and wing+system it's the equivalent of an Astral in volume so it's a toss-up between the two offensively. Defensively it's slow as molasses and has paper-thin armour so if you can get around or push though (hint: Bring a devastator) the fighter screen it's an easy kill.

*Removed for the next version.

The KoC Odyssey is also overpowered. It shouldn't be possible to fit 2 converging large ballistics and more on a capital with that kind of speed and flux stats

It already had two large converging mounts, the speed and flux are its vanilla stats. Not sure where the complaint is coming from on this. The real buffs are in defence and the two fixed wings. Being a new addition I'm aware it will need a few tweaks, if you can be more specific on what you feels need changing I'm open to options. I was considering 3 fixed (drone) wings + drone strike but

The Ordinance Storage hullmod is also whack. -30% cargo might as well not be a malus on most combat ships, and it affects both ballistic and missiles. Compared to Flux Capacitor, which does have a serious malus, it's just silly.

Regarding the Ballistic and Missile vs Energy I don't see a game breaker, granted the only ships I really compared for maximum potential savings were the Onslaught/Conquest/Paragon and Enforcer/Hammerhead/Medusa so maybe I'm missing some cases where things go out of whack. Could you expand on this one.

-30% less cargo (i.e -30% supplies carried) vs. +30% supplies used doesn't make a difference in my eyes. It's campaign layer, so you can always bring an Atlas (not (C)) if you find you're running low.

I may sound defensive but I do thank you for the feedback as it's constructive. Keep it coming.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15