Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.96a] Everybody Loves KoC  (Read 173541 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Everybody Loves KoC
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2022, 01:56:03 PM »

.... -30% less cargo (i.e -30% supplies carried) vs. +30% supplies used doesn't make a difference in my eyes. It's campaign layer, so you can always bring an Atlas (not (C)) if you find you're running low.

I may sound defensive but I do thank you for the feedback as it's constructive. Keep it coming.
It's not really that comparable as, aside from Combat Freighters, you don't pick combat ships for their cargo capacity. Cargo space is a bonus if it's there, but it's the logistic ships that need cargo space. Your 3000 space freighter losing 900 cargo space to sport the mod is painful, your combat capital losing 30 of it's 100 cargo hold is a footnote. Especially as +30% supply cost is a constant issue that needs to be accounted for on every trip.

Easy fix would be just to make both mods cost the same +30% supply use... you could also mix them a bit, if you want, and make them cost +25% supply use and -25% cargo space.
Either way, probably safest to just make them both cost the same thing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 02:24:42 PM by Oni »

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »

It already had two large converging mounts, the speed and flux are its vanilla stats. Not sure where the complaint is coming from on this. The real buffs are in defence and the two fixed wings. Being a new addition I'm aware it will need a few tweaks, if you can be more specific on what you feels need changing I'm open to options. I was considering 3 fixed (drone) wings + drone strike but

The point is that essentially converting the Odyssey's side large energy mounts to forward facing ballistics is overpowered. There's a reason why hightech stat spreads should not have straightforward access to ballistics. Even without the Plasma Burn the Odyssey is too fast and has too high flux stats to mount the typically long-range hard flux dealing large ballistics without it being overpowered. The kiting potential is insane. The drones are also way too strong, the first thing should be giving them High Delay IR Pulse Lasers like the Gladius has. 600 energy DPS per wing with 300 speed and decent survivability is crazy, even if the other stats are so-so and only half normal fighter range (still reaches well beyond normal weapons range). Blockade Runner's zero flux boost bonus may also be too much on an already fast capital like the Odyssey, further compounding the issues.

KoC Atlas losing Fighter Chassis Storage is good. That might be all that's required.

Oni summed up my thoughts on Flux Capacitor vs Ordinance Storage quite nicely. But I think Flux Capacitor should have the missile OP reduction also (and be renamed appropriately, maybe Restructured Flux Architecture, kinda long but its what I got), since energy-heavy ships generally also make significant use of missiles. Maybe make it clear that the missile OP reductions wouldn't stack, or make them mutually incompatible. Maybe go further and add a third hullmod that reduces ballistic and energy OP cost, with the same penalty as the other two. Call it...Advanced Armament Conduits or Hybrid Integration or something. Options for every occasion. At the moment, Ordinance Storage is a no-brainer buff for most lowtech-style combat ships.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 10:43:45 PM by PreConceptor »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2022, 01:18:26 AM »

... I think Flux Capacitor should have the missile OP reduction also (and be renamed appropriately, maybe Restructured Flux Architecture, kinda long but its what I got), since energy-heavy ships generally also make significant use of missiles....

I suspect it'd be better to simply make a third mod that reduces missile OP cost, it is an entirely different weapon system after all.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2022, 10:09:30 AM »

any chance we could get a version with no added weapons ?

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2022, 02:47:53 PM »

... I think Flux Capacitor should have the missile OP reduction also (and be renamed appropriately, maybe Restructured Flux Architecture, kinda long but its what I got), since energy-heavy ships generally also make significant use of missiles....

I suspect it'd be better to simply make a third mod that reduces missile OP cost, it is an entirely different weapon system after all.

In that case, Ordinance Storage would need to lose its existing missile OP reduction.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2022, 12:25:46 PM »

Easy fix would be just to make both mods cost the same +30% supply use... you could also mix them a bit, if you want, and make them cost +25% supply use and -25% cargo space.

Took the advice and unified the penalty, they both get -15% space and +15% used.

I think Flux Capacitor should have the missile OP reduction also (and be renamed appropriately, maybe Restructured Flux Architecture, kinda long but its what I got), since energy-heavy ships generally also make significant use of missiles. Maybe make it clear that the missile OP reductions wouldn't stack, or make them mutually incompatible. Maybe go further and add a third hullmod that reduces ballistic and energy OP cost, with the same penalty as the other two. Call it...Advanced Armament Conduits or Hybrid Integration or something. Options for every occasion. At the moment, Ordinance Storage is a no-brainer buff for most lowtech-style combat ships.

I'm not keen on adding missiles to the Flux Capacitor, just doesn't make sense to me how they would fit together and I'm sorry but the name (and icon) are not up for debate... I mean:

Spoiler
[close]

If anything I'm more inclined to go the other way and merge them into a single hullmod, making hullmods that overlap in function feels like bloat.

The drones are also way too strong, the first thing should be giving them High Delay IR Pulse Lasers like the Gladius has. 600 energy DPS per wing with 300 speed and decent survivability is crazy, even if the other stats are so-so and only half normal fighter range (still reaches well beyond normal weapons range).

I'm not going to mess with the offensive side (There's already one version with a HD-IRPulse), but I'll certainly look into making them a little more slow and squidgy for you.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »

Took the advice and unified the penalty, they both get -15% space and +15% used....
Awesome, will the next update require a new game?  8)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2022, 03:44:04 PM »

Awesome, will the next update require a new game?  8)

Nothing's being removed (Sorry hydremajor) I was experimenting with adding a Mercury (KoC) but it doesn't really have anything to offer. Should be a straight replacement, no new game required.

Changes so far:
Spoiler
1.03.28-Premature Update
 - Atlas(C) Removed hullmod Fighter Bay Storage
 - Unified OrdStor/FluxCap penalties.
 - Buffalo (C) removed survey equipment
 - Atlas/Buffalo (C) added militarized_subsystems
 - Atlas (C) Crew min/max increased
 - Buffalo (C) Reduced minimum crew
 - Drone health reduced (500/400 -> 400/350)
 - OddyKoC Reduced OP to 265 (-15)
 - OddyKoC Reduced Large Universal arc to 120 (-30)
 - ShuttleKoc/OddyKoC/KoCPest removed from independent markets
[close]

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2022, 06:09:22 PM »

New version out, link updated!

- Atlas(C) Removed hullmod Fighter Bay Storage
 - Unified OrdStor/FluxCap penalties.
 - Buffalo (C) removed survey equipment
 - Atlas/Buffalo (C) added militarized_subsystems
 - Atlas (C) Crew min/max increased
 - Buffalo (C) Reduced minimum crew
 - Drone health reduced (500/400 -> 400/350)
 - ShuttleKoc/OddyKoC/KoCPest removed from independant markets
 - MaidenMRM EMP Damage reduced to 1000 (-500) and arc damage reduced to 500 (-250)
 - MaidenMRM 100% chance to generate arc on hit (+50%)
 - OddyKoC Reduced OP to 265 (-15)
 - OddyKoC Reduced Large Universal arc to 120 (-30)
 - OddyKoC Small mounts converted to Hybrid
 - OddyKoC Medium mounts converted to built_in HeavyBurst
 - OddyKoC Built in wings removed
 - OddyKoC Fighter bays reduced to 2 (-1)
 - OddyKoC Removed Advanced Turret Gyros
 - OddyKoC Added Intergrated PD AI
 - OddyKoC Burnspeed increased to 9 (+1)
 - KoCPest Removed Efficency Overhaul
 - KoCPest Added Insulated Engine
 - KoCPest wing size reduced to 2 (-2)
 - (Military) Pulse_Drone Added ECCM Package

Feedback appreciated.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2022, 06:04:12 AM »

"Everybody loves koc."
 :o

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2022, 01:34:09 PM »

Hello. My game is crashing because I'm using your two mods, which contain the same ship with the same name. I don't know if that's really why, the fact is that the error says it can't find the 'huginn' hull.
1599664 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS0001] not found on hull [huginn]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS0001] not found on hull [huginn]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderSingle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2022, 03:10:31 PM »

:o
;)

Hello. My game is crashing because I'm using your two mods, which contain the same ship with the same name.

A lot of content from Plight was ripped for this, Plight has been updated now. So has KoC:

- Maiden New missile apperance
 - Shrikoc added
 - Updated desciptions for import hulls (Kite/Pest/Shrike/Oddy)
 - Updated desciptions for export hulls (Strix/Prospector/Buffalo/Atlas)
 - Updated desciptions for military hulls (Raven/Wolf/Horse)
 - Updated desciptions for logistics hulls (Valkyrie/Valhalla)
 - Atlas added to Luddic Church markets
 - Sleipnir added to Luddic Church markets
 - Sleipnir added to Luddic Path markets
 - Luddic Shrine offering also improves relation with the Path!
 - Armstrong Station + story event added to Arcadia System - WIP
 - GravBlaster rejigged to Graviton Pulse Cannon
 - Weapons markets revised - GPC added
 - Tweaked new game text

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2022, 02:47:55 PM »

- Added new Minor Faction, Mabye-Gogol
 - Changed Nomios to Gogol control
 - Added ship gogol Afflictor
 - Added ship gogol Gremlin
 - Added ship gogol Shade
 - Added ship gogol Harbinger
 - Added Gogol HMod
 - Paying the (LP) tithe now increases your rep
 - Fixed bug in Armstrong Station event
 - Tweaked Arcadia system settings

Spoiler
[close]

Front Page Updated.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 02:49:56 PM by Great Wound »

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2022, 12:36:18 PM »

Had a crash while raiding for blueprints, though the crash doesn't point specifically to KoC, I searched my directory for where the thing came from and it was from KoC.
https://pastebin.com/sjmj79Sg

The image attached, however does point this way, the wing is only found within the KoC files. Dunno if you removed this, but just forgot or something.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2022, 04:48:26 AM »

Had a crash while raiding for blueprints, though the crash doesn't point specifically to KoC, I searched my directory for where the thing came from and it was from KoC.
https://pastebin.com/sjmj79Sg

The image attached, however does point this way, the wing is only found within the KoC files. Dunno if you removed this, but just forgot or something.

Interesting, I've yet to encounter this in the wild. None of the wings in KoC are set to drop as blueprints so I'm not sure why SS is trying to drop it as one. Adding all blueprints with the console doesn't unlock it either so it's not registering as a bp through there... There's a WING_NO_DROP tag I can add that "should" remove it from the fighter bp drop table and fix the issue but that still doesn't answer why it is there to begin with.

Any chance you're running a mod that alters the drops? If not perhaps someone else can shed some light on the why of this one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14