Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Elissa Zal Raid  (Read 1057 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Elissa Zal Raid
« on: December 20, 2021, 01:35:38 PM »

I noticed that the direct raid for Zal from Kanta, and the raid to get Kantas pet back seem to be exactly the same difficulty. It seems like if you're planning on raiding, you should just do the Kanta raid and skip the extra steps. Maybe the pather raid should be a bit easier so that there's some incentive to read the nice story and do a bit of extra work.

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Elissa Zal Raid
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 02:14:04 PM »

Is it just me, or it really requires 2k infantry? Is there any way to solve this without raiding?
Spoiler
[close]

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 03:16:44 PM »

"Quest spoiler"
Yeah, you don't have to raid at all.  Go to the Pather planet and go down to the bar and talk it out with Brother Cotton instead of raiding.

The entire Galatia quest line can be done in an unarmed Hound with no marines.  There's always a non-combat option and simply running away from hostile fleets.
[close]

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 11:12:09 PM »

"Quest spoiler"
Yeah, you don't have to raid at all.  Go to the Pather planet and go down to the bar and talk it out with Brother Cotton instead of raiding.

The entire Galatia quest line can be done in an unarmed Hound with no marines.  There's always a non-combat option and simply running away from hostile fleets.
[close]
There's still the
Spoiler
Ziggurat
[close]

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 11:36:16 PM »

There's still the
Spoiler
Ziggurat
[close]

Spoiler
The quest line doesn't actually require you to defeat the Ziggurat or even fight it.  Just "scan" it.  And maybe land on the planet, I forget exactly.  The quest line continues on just fine, and the Ziggurat will patiently wait there if you want to capture it later, even after the quest line is over.  I know because I did an iron man run that way, and got access to the gate network.  No guns, just a solo hound called the Millennium Falcon.
[close]