Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC5] You don't have to defeat stations to complete station bounties  (Read 450 times)

float

• Captain
    • View Profile

If you just deploy one ship and instantly retreat it, after disengaging, the station bounty will be marked as complete and you will receive the bounty for it.

Bonus: I just completed a station bounty for Kanta’s Den from watching another fleet engaging and failing to destroy it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 02:24:30 AM by this_is_a_username »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce this one. Also, in vanilla, it should not be possible for there to be a bounty on Kanta's Den, so I suspect this may be a modded issue; let me move this to that subforum.

float

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hmm, I'm not able to reproduce this one. Also, in vanilla, it should not be possible for there to be a bounty on Kanta's Den, so I suspect this may be a modded issue; let me move this to that subforum.

This is using only my own mod that I know doesn't have anything to do with bounties, so I'm almost certain it's a vanilla issue (unless somehow the bounty manager is taking Misc.maxPermaMods into account). To clarify, this was a mission given to me by a Hegemony "very important" contact -- I have gotten stations from contact bounties before and don't see why it wouldn't be possible for Kanta's Den to have a bounty on it. Maybe you mean the standard "pirate base bounty" available on the intel tab and not a custom bounty given by a contact? Anyway, from here:

Code

Code
public List<CampaignFleetAPI> getStations(HubMissionWithBarEvent mission, int difficulty) {
List<CampaignFleetAPI> stations = new ArrayList<CampaignFleetAPI>();
String faction = mission.getPerson().getFaction().getId();
for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) {
if (market.isHidden()) continue;
if (market.isPlayerOwned()) continue;
if (market.hasCondition(Conditions.DECIVILIZED)) continue;
if (!market.getFaction().isHostileTo(faction)) continue;

Industry ind = Misc.getStationIndustry(market);

if (!(ind instanceof OrbitalStation)) continue;
OrbitalStation os = (OrbitalStation) ind;
if (os.getDisruptedDays() > 0) continue;

boolean battlestation = os.getSpec().hasTag(Industries.TAG_BATTLESTATION);
boolean starfortress = os.getSpec().hasTag(Industries.TAG_STARFORTRESS);

if (difficulty == 10 && !starfortress) continue;
if ((difficulty == 8 || difficulty == 9) && !battlestation) continue;

CampaignFleetAPI fleet = Misc.getStationFleet(market);
if (fleet != null) {
stations.add(fleet);
}
}
return stations;
}
[close]

I can confirm that:
- Kanta's Den is in the global market list
- Kanta's Den is not hidden
- Kanta's Den is not player owned
- Kanta's Den is not decivilized
- Kanta's Den is hostile to the Hegemony
- Kanta's Den does get added to the list of stations returned by this method

So unless it's being pruned out elsewhere, I don't see why Kanta's Den can't be given as a bounty.

As for the part about not having to destroy the station, I guess I jumped the gun and made a bad generalization. I suppose I can send you the save so you can have a look yourself (aside from the one unrelated mod, I also changed playerMaxLevel in settings.json, but again, I doubt this has anything to do with it).