Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC5] Infinite loop in BlueprintIntel.pickItem  (Read 259 times)

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a-RC5] Infinite loop in BlueprintIntel.pickItem
« on: December 16, 2021, 07:40:02 PM »

Occasionally, when trying to visit the bar at a colony, my game would hang. After some testing, it seems that the culprit is a specific bar event that is causing an infinite loop if it can't find a blueprint to pick. Specifically, in BlueprintIntel.pickItem, the picker is empty after every iteration of the loop.

Curiously, I went ahead and checked if I really had every ship, weapon, and fighter blueprint -- I don't. For example, I'm missing Astral, Champion, and some XIV blueprints. Is this specific bar event meant to always have a quality of 0 (meaning that the only blueprints with positive weight are those with tier 0, or ships with at most 5 FP)? I don't think I've ever seen a version of this bar event that offered anything with a higher tier -- that would explain why this event always seems to have such a small selection. It's always revenant (5 FP), phantom (3 FP), buffalo, perdition wing, and with mods, LR pulse laser.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC5] Infinite loop in BlueprintIntel.pickItem
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 08:21:29 PM »

Thank you for the report! Fixed this one up a little while ago (the infinite loop part), but based on what you've said, looks like I need to tweak it a bit more.