Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC5] Automated Ships + Derelict Operations CR inconsistency.  (Read 1248 times)

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Ran into an issue with CR not being consistently calculated correctly with the combination of Automated Ships and Derelict Operations. Video:

"Fleet composition data" to the left correctly displays Automated Ships value of 232, discounted from 320 due to Derelict Operations and d-mods. This should result in max CR of 51%. However, the game is calculating max CR of 39% based on pre-discounted Automated Ships value of 320. Moreover, the game will sometimes calculate the correct max CR of 51% if ship order is changed within the fleet.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC5] Automated Ships + Derelict Operations CR inconsistency.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 04:35:29 PM »

Thank you for the report, and the video! Would you mind emailing me the save where this happens?

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 04:47:17 PM »

Sent!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 05:11:09 PM »

Thank you! Ahh, didn't realize this was heavily modded; can't easily load the save. I'll take a look regardless, though; might just be a vanilla issue.

(But stuff running with mods generally goes into this subforum, in part because it helps to avoid this kind of confusion!)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 05:22:20 PM »

Gave it a try, and unable to reproduce the issue so far.

Question: are you expecting the max CR of the ship to be 51% in that case?

It would actually be:
+70% base
-100% automated ship penalty
+51% from Automated Ships skill
+15% from combat endurance (probably)

So that'd be 36%. This is suspiciously close to the 39% you've mentioned, so, wanted to make sure you're aware of how it works. This is broken down in the CR tooltip in the fleet screen if you expand it.

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 05:01:32 AM »

Sorry - I realized my example might've been unclear since it was done in the middle of a save with mods. I ran a much simpler test on a new save with only vanilla + Console Commands. Video:

Here's what the video is showing:

Spoiler
[close]
Fleet loaded with single pristine Radiant with Alpha Core. Automated Ships show 240 points (60*4), as expected.

Spoiler
[close]
Loadout screen shows max CR is 50% with +50% from Automated Ships skill, as expected.

Spoiler
[close]
Pristine Radiant replaced with 5 d-mod Radiant with Alpha Core in fleet. Automated Ships show 168 points (42*4), as expected with Derelict Operations.

Spoiler
[close]
Loadout screen still shows max CR is 50% with +50% from Automated Ships skill, which is incorrect. Because Automated Ship points is much lower (168 vs 240), the max CR from Automated Ships should be much higher, closer to 100%.

If it helps with testing/repro, I can send the save used in the video (vanilla + Console Commands only). Additionally, it looks like other DP softcap skills might also not be correctly factoring in DP reduction from Derelict Operations as well. For example:

Spoiler
[close]
Here's Phase Coil Tuning with a 5 d-mod Doom and a 5 d-mod Afflictor in the fleet. The skill identifies 32 DP of phase ships in the fleet, which matches the reduced DP from Derelict Operations. However, the skill bonuses are less than maximum as if the fleet were still over the 40 DP softcap for the skill.

Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify. Hope this helps!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »

Thank you for the added info! If you could send me the save, I'd really appreciate it - fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 07:33:00 PM »

Ah, hmm, got this reproduced with phase ships, at least. Edit: no need for the save, I think I see what's happening here. Edit #2: fixed this up, I think! Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 07:57:13 PM by Alex »