Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Marines from Military Submarkets should have some experience  (Read 472 times)

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Marines from Military Submarkets should have some experience
« on: December 16, 2021, 02:56:37 AM »

Also maybe require a comission... Would be a nice way to give some additional utility to those bc you either can get a unit with some experience from the start or make it so that you loose less XP while Replenishing your experienced marines

just a thought

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Marines from Military Submarkets should have some experience
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 03:46:33 AM »

From what I've found (maybe you are already aware), the Marines from the bar ("Tattooed roughs") seem to have a random amount of experience, some very experienced others not so much.  In addition the Marines you recruit from the bar are usually cheaper than buying them on the market, so I always go this route for Marine recruitment and just replace those lost using the green Marines as found on any market (The pool of experience seems to be shared for all of the Marines, so adding a few green Marines to a large number of Veterans doesn't have much of an effect on their overall strength).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 03:48:44 AM by Baqar79 »

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 04:57:28 AM »

the Marines from the bar ("Tattooed roughs") seem to have a random amount of experience, some very experienced others not so much.
yes, but it's a pain to get that event, though that got some changes in 0.95.1 (i'm still on 0.95)

just replace those lost using the green Marines as found on any market (The pool of experience seems to be shared for all of the Marines, so adding a few green Marines to a large number of Veterans doesn't have much of an effect on their overall strength).
i currently have 200 elite marines with 80 something % more effectiveness and - 42% casualties, yet when i buy 20 they get a rank down to Veteran ( i think) and this annoys me

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

The bar marines are supposed to come with full XP (based on half-remembered patch notes and what the code looks like), but they aren't. I posted a thread in the modded bug reports subforum earlier.

EDIT: clarify
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 05:44:19 PM by Histidine »