Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eradicator  (Read 4619 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Eradicator
« on: December 15, 2021, 08:43:43 AM »

I've been enjoying the pirate version, but I've yet to find or even see the normal version with AAF. Those of you who've managed to find one, where did you get it? I haven't seen any in markets or fleets.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Eradicator
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 08:54:27 AM »

I saw one but I can’t recall where. I do recall it was on an Open Market. Probably Heg or Independent because I’m commissioned with Heg and haven’t been to much else. All 20 or so others have been Pirate versions.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »

I got one either from recovery or buying it in a bar encounter.  I need to look through the faction files to see if a faction owns it so I can steal the blueprints.

Update:  Independents and the Luddic Church own the blueprints for Eradicator, and they are the easiest factions to steal blueprints from!  Low defense planets, no patrols in Magec, and patrols hover around Gilead in Canaan.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 09:28:23 AM by Megas »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 09:25:47 AM »

Luddic Church has them.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Ad Astra

• Captain
  • Are Reapers strawberry flavored?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 09:40:11 AM »

For ships with Pirate versions, black market seems less reliable when trying to obtain the default variant, they should still appear every once in a while, but the chances are probably reduced because of the bigger ship pool.

Unless that's not how ship market spawns work, if anyone has any knowledge about it it would be nice to know.
You can park your spaceship anywhere you want if you get along with pirates

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 10:16:43 AM »

Just hit up Hesperus.

Imagine, a reason to visit GCR space. Strange times.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 10:18:38 AM »

Luddic Church has them.
That makes sense, I rarely go to LC space. Was looking on hegemony markets more since they are low tech.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 10:42:47 AM »

Was wondering about this too and finally saw one yesterday in black market of a Luddic Church planet.

There was regular Eradicator, Pirate Eradicator and a regular Falcon. Looked at the stats and... it's basically the same as the pirate version with a few tweaks:
  • Accelerated Ammo Feeder instead of Burn Drive
  • Higher market price
  • 20 deployment points instead of 15 ?!

(also, Pirate Eradicators are quite easy to obtain when fighting pirate bounties, got 3 of those this way)

I am wondering whether this deployment/recovery/maintenance difference is done on purpose or not. And if not, not sure whether it should be 15 or 20 for both. Both Eradicators seem to be somewhere in-between an Eagle and a regular Falcon. And... SO Pirate Eradicators are nasty.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 10:46:30 AM »

So far, the P version is more useful early because they can catch things.  P version should probably cost 20 like the base version.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 10:53:27 AM »

So far, the P version is more useful early because they can catch things.  P version should probably cost 20 like the base version.
Agree, they are pretty nasty to fight in early pirate fleets, especially when they have max level officers and you have none. They have a ton of armor.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 11:11:20 AM »

I am wondering whether this deployment/recovery/maintenance difference is done on purpose or not.
AAF is very powerful.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »

My only hope is that one day people will realize there are other numbers between 15 and 20. One day.

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 08:38:54 PM »

I found an AAF one at an Independent market, not sure if it was military/black/open tho. Honestly the thing is a bit slow for me

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 11:21:01 PM »

Actually this is very much intentional:

Now, having an accelerated ammo feeder on that might be a bit mean. And the pirate version of the ship has some red it in, so it stands to reason that it would go faster. With that in mind, the (P) version of the ship has burn drive! Since for this particular ship this is a bit of a nerf, it’s also got reduced deployment points. Though, to be fair, “this isn’t as powerful as the baseline version of the ship” is unlikely to be much consolation when it’s coming at you full-burn.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/2021/05/28/a-tale-of-two-tech-levels/

Haven't used the AAF one so can't comment on its effectiveness. But right now, on paper, I prefer the cheaper/faster Burn Drive one. I guess the AAF one is a better fairly mobile line ship, with an already good 70 max speed considering its robustness and firepower.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 11:57:43 PM »

Actually this is very much intentional:

Now, having an accelerated ammo feeder on that might be a bit mean. And the pirate version of the ship has some red it in, so it stands to reason that it would go faster. With that in mind, the (P) version of the ship has burn drive! Since for this particular ship this is a bit of a nerf, it’s also got reduced deployment points. Though, to be fair, “this isn’t as powerful as the baseline version of the ship” is unlikely to be much consolation when it’s coming at you full-burn.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/2021/05/28/a-tale-of-two-tech-levels/

Haven't used the AAF one so can't comment on its effectiveness. But right now, on paper, I prefer the cheaper/faster Burn Drive one. I guess the AAF one is a better fairly mobile line ship, with an already good 70 max speed considering its robustness and firepower.

The AAF version Eradicator is quite literally an up-gunned hammerhead (with the same burn speed and everything). You get, well, 1.5x of the mounts you can have on a hammerhead. SO AAF Eradicator is pretty amusing to use, to say the least.
Pages: [1] 2