Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You wouldn't be using any AI Cores.. would you son?  (Read 2025 times)

YetAnotherCowboy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
You wouldn't be using any AI Cores.. would you son?
« on: December 19, 2021, 03:12:52 AM »

Why no officer, we don't believe in no AI cores in these here parts...

Oh why, officer, isn't that your 24k credits on the ground?

https://ibb.co/wyYJ290

https://ibb.co/xqBnrC3

I love this game so much.

Yunear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: You wouldn't be using any AI Cores.. would you son?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 11:42:44 AM »

Paying Hegemony's to leave you alone one officer at a time. Shame A.I cores tend to make them hostile as they are my favorite faction in vanilla SS. I just feed them a bunch of gammas to get them back to friendly if I don't want to spend a story point to shoo them away haha.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 02:24:57 AM »

every time i tried using AI cores on my colonies i would always have to fight the hegemony.
since those bribes kept getting expanentialy higher. 100k was still easy, then it was 200, then 300 then 400 then 500 after it went past half a mill i just stopped bribing them cuz i couldnt afford it anymore.
since then i just dont use AI cores untill i build up my colonies into large faction and then start a war with the hegemony. after i destroy them i finally add all my saved up AI cores onto my planets and profit.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 03:24:49 AM »

every time i tried using AI cores on my colonies i would always have to fight the hegemony.
since those bribes kept getting expanentialy higher. 100k was still easy, then it was 200, then 300 then 400 then 500 after it went past half a mill i just stopped bribing them cuz i couldnt afford it anymore.
since then i just dont use AI cores untill i build up my colonies into large faction and then start a war with the hegemony. after i destroy them i finally add all my saved up AI cores onto my planets and profit.
There are multiple ways to deal with an expedition. For example you can defeat the assembling fleet at their rally point with minimum force and the expedition will fail. Disrupting the origin market also works. Roleplaying greenpaece and not using AI cores works, too, since they aren't really required to be profitable. But I can't really remember all of them since I mop up the floor with the Hegemony every playthrough for sheer fun rendering expeditions a non issue.

YetAnotherCowboy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 08:22:10 AM »

Paying Hegemony's to leave you alone one officer at a time. Shame A.I cores tend to make them hostile as they are my favorite faction in vanilla SS. I just feed them a bunch of gammas to get them back to friendly if I don't want to spend a story point to shoo them away haha.

I thought if they find them (aka the inspection succeeds) they declare full on war/everyone declares war on you. Or is that just if the AI core blabs? I agree though, why isn't it the Luddic Church that does these inspections? I could care less about *** them off.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »

I thought if they find them (aka the inspection succeeds) they declare full on war/everyone declares war on you. Or is that just if the AI core blabs? I agree though, why isn't it the Luddic Church that does these inspections? I could care less about *** them off.
If the inspection succeeds, they don't declare war, they just take all your cores (and you lose some rep). If you prevent the inspection by force, you go to war, but you can turn in cores at a hegemony world to fix your reputation.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 10:43:47 AM »

Even then, you get 20 rep penalty for each alpha core, 10 rep for a beta and 5 rep for a gamma, so depending on your standing and how many AI cores you are using, it could still get you into a war.

OmegaMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »

Never used the regular one that much, they don't have enough punch or range to make up for their low speed.

Legion XIV though...  by  FAR my favorite ship.   A Galactic Wrecking ball.  :P  I usually built it as a close range brawler / battle carrier.  I use unable injector and 0 flux to close to missile range then I would fire a full missile salvo usually 2 MRLS then burn in right in the the targets face and unload with dual assault chain guns until target overloads, then I would let loose my bombers, usually at least 3 tridents to get the finishing blow. Then recall them right after so they don't die.   By then my support ships would STILL be catching up to me so I just armor tank, blinking on shields to blap missiles that make it past my one or two wing Xyphos support fight screen (IMHO These are the some of the best PD because they still work when you are overloaded or flux venting AKA when you need it most) I hold fire on flux intensive weapons backing off while flux regens.   Make sure you have a lot of efficient weapons like needlers and Heavy machine guns and Single flak (for extra range).     This build should work ever better with the new range buff system for ballistic weapons.   

Two of these bad boys can solo an entire pirate armada and hold their own vs ordos.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 03:53:44 PM »

I agree though, why isn't it the Luddic Church that does these inspections? I could care less about *** them off.
Because the Church doesn't have the firepower to do so. What it does have, however, is the Hegemony in its pocket.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 08:30:28 PM »

... If you prevent the inspection by force, you go to war, but you can turn in cores at a hegemony world to fix your reputation.
Nope, inspection fleets operate in a gray area, meaning the player can kick their butt for about 5 rep loss if the fleet is not identified (not seen with transponder on or with Ziggurat).

They shouldn't, that would be a pather thing and they obviously can't do official moves like this. Read lore about AI wars and how the Hegemony sees itself as the successor of the Domain if you are interested.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »

... If you prevent the inspection by force, you go to war, but you can turn in cores at a hegemony world to fix your reputation.
Nope, inspection fleets operate in a gray area, meaning the player can kick their butt for about 5 rep loss if the fleet is not identified (not seen with transponder on or with Ziggurat).
I was referring to ordering your forces to resist the inspection.

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 07:02:25 AM »

I wait for the fleet in hyperspace with my transponder off and kill them there for a little reputation hit.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2021, 11:32:53 AM »

Yeah as long as your fleet in particular is NOT positive ID'ed, meaning your transponder is off and they haven't recently spotted you with it on, you just take a minor rep hit for trashing their expedition.  This makes things easy because in your own systems you never have to run with your transponder on.  Just shut it off, wait near your friendly fleets, maybe let them soften up the heggies a bit if needed, then jump in alongside your patrols and swarm the buggers.