Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two small suggestions  (Read 276 times)

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Two small suggestions
« on: December 11, 2021, 04:42:27 PM »

QoL change: Warning Beacon Icons on Sector Map

Please make Warning Beacons on the Sector Map (Tab+Q) the same icons as what are present on the Intel Screen (under the Remnants tab) in regards to danger level. Right now all the beacon icons are the same and you don't know what they are at a glance. Instead, you have to hover over them to know what system has a certain danger level. I don't know why I haven't been bothered by this before but since starting a new playthrough, this began to bug me. The icons might have to be sized down but even just a color change matching the danger level would be very welcome.

Hyperion Credit Cost:

In this first 0.95.1 playthrough, I found a Hyperion on the Open Market within 20 minutes of playing for ~49k credits (1 D-mod). I shouldn't be able to buy one of the top-tier frigates in the early game (on the open market, no less!). There was a Tempest on the Black Market (same planet, Culann, I think) for ~44k. The gap between the two is huge so I just think the Hyperion is under-costed. It could be doubled and I wouldn't bat an eye, though to be fair, it should be locked behind military commissioned markets 99% of the time. 

I know the Hyperion has been nerfed a bit this patch but it's still really good. Well, greater than 50k credits good.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Two small suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 04:53:35 PM »

Hmm, yeah, good call on the Hyperion - let me bump it up to 95k base cost (from 40k); it's got cruiser-grade power and the cost should reflect that.

Will keep the warning beacon thing in mind, too - thank you for the suggestions!