Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Need help resolving an error  (Read 3452 times)

Tiberiumkyle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Need help resolving an error
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »

Starting doing some personal tweaks to Omega's Minimash v1.83, everything was working just fine until I tried to work 3 ships in from another mod, mod being Project Ironclads v2.4.

Everything works up to starting a new campaign, with the new ships as starter fleet, until approaching another fleet or station, or bringing up the fleet, refit, or cargo menus. Any of those results in the following:

Code
55672 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.super.oOOO.I.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.N.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.OO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.OO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super.public$new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.??00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.E.super.new$new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.E.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.class.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0OO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.super.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.oOOO.O??0(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I've already searched through the forums trying to find out how to fix it myself, but haven't turned up anything for this particular error.
The error only cropped up on porting in the 3 ships from Ironclad mod, the Michigan battleship, Kentucky cruiser, and A-110 assault fighter.  Their entries in ship_data and wing_data will be the bottom most entries.

Here's the rar if anyone cares to take a crack at the problem.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21603466/Tibs+modded+Minimash.rar
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:18:04 PM by Tiberiumkyle »

Emailformygames

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Need help resolving an error
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:11:53 AM »

Oh god... That error means we only have 5 days until the end of the world.............

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:24:28 AM »

You divided for 0 didn't you.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:27:11 AM »

You missed the important part; what it was trying to load when it crashed. Next 5 or so lines up from that'd be great.

Tiberiumkyle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 12:44:20 AM »

Code
18922 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
18922 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 208.86 MB of texture data so far
19094 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
24781 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
24938 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_test_1992402504577559715...
26141 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
32656 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id battleship_SHIP not found
32672 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException

The description warning doesn't always come up, fairly certain it's unrelated and non-fatal.

Something else I just noticed: I can view the new fighter just fine in the codex, as well as the cruiser and battleship hulls, but their hull variants (single variant atm) both cause the same crash, if I attempt to bring them up in the codex.  Tis late and I'm heading to bed, already spent a good chunk of my night fixing lesser errors for this port, tired of beating head on this one for tonight.

Tiberiumkyle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »

After setting it aside for a couple days, occasionally thinking on it, finally came back to it.

Found out what the issue was, and have fixed it.  Everything working fine now.

Problem cause: While doing the initial editing to bring the ships into the mod, for the cruiser and capship I'd only made placeholder variants, single weapon, nothing else, via Trylobot's ship editor.  After I'd gotten everything else working, I went back to those placeholder variants and used the same file, making proper, fully loaded variants, but somehow the variant file got farkled up.  Looking at it, the initial placeholder weapon info, or parts of it, didn't get removed properly.  So, while the game would look and see the variant file there on game startup, once it actually needed to read the file, it would crash.

Solution: Deleted original variant files, remade them from scratch, again with Trylobot's ship editor.  Everything works fine now.