Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Crew Replacer  (Read 100484 times)

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Crew Replacer
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2023, 05:52:25 PM »

Is there a tutorial for dummies on how to make a new troop type using this library? I desire to make mech troops and giant crab troops
sadly, i know of no crew replacer guides other then my own. thankfully, crew replacer is relatively simple. provided you already know the basics of moding. if you don't know the basics of starsector moding, im not up for explaining that, but you should be able to find some help with setting up the basics on the unofficial discord, or in Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread. or at least directions to somewhere to set up the basics.

you are going to need to be-able to run a few lines of code in onApplicationLoad(), as well as set up a commodity in data\campaign\commodities.csv in your mod.
i can walk you through how to use the commodities.csv, but i have forgetting how to set up code for your mod. (dont judge me we all forget things now and then)
anyhow, once you got the very basics of your mod set up, if you dont already, you only need to do 3 things to create a crew.
1) set up the commodity
2) make crew replacer a libary for your mod
3) run the following line of code in onApplicationLoad() (for every job you want a given crew to do):
  'crewReplacer_Main.getJob("job name goes here").addNewCrew("the commodity id of you crew",power,defence,priority);'
  a description of the values showed in this line of code:
   "job name goes here" is the jobID that you want this crew to do. i have a list of them somewere ask me about it.
   "the commodity id of you crew" is the commodityID of your crew. this should be a thing after step 1.
   power is how strong your crew is. 1 is the default.
   defence is how many losses your crew tends to take. the default is 1.
   priority is what order your crew is used in. higher numbers go first. the default is 10

its possible i overcomplicated step 3. if your new to moding and code that is. but ya, ask the people in the discord and in the forum how to set up the basics if you need to. i can walk you through how to set up crew replacer from there.

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2023, 08:14:54 PM »

I see. Do you know how new troop types would work out with Nex's invasions?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2023, 08:56:36 PM »

I see. Do you know how new troop types would work out with Nex's invasions?
Yes, Nexerlin invasions do support crew replacer. I believe there is a list of jobs that are useable in crew replacer in the documentation. I can't link it right now because I am on mobile.
Edit: I misread your question.
Nexerlines invasions are split I to 3 jobs, if I recall correctly. One handles crew that you want to act as solders, one handles crew that you want to beable to merge with Hervey weapons for stronger crew, and one acts as Hevey weapons themselves? I don't quite remember this early in the morning. But nexerlin invasions act like any other job, and you can add crew to it like any other. The jobs names are in the documentation under the jobs section. You do not need to add nexerlin as a libary to get the invasion jobs working.
When you have added the new crew to the invasion job(s), you can deploy then like normal Marines. Although I don't think you get to pick what's in a given squad, it just adds things to said squad based on the crews priority.

Edit 2: I forgot to link the documentation. Sorry for that it is here: https://github.com/Alaricdragon/Crew_Replacer/tree/master/jars/src/desing/documentation
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 12:30:34 PM by alaricdragon »

DartStar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2023, 06:09:04 PM »

One.
There are not enough screenshots or clarifications.  in a couple of hours I still didn’t see any changes

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2023, 06:47:44 PM »

One.
There are not enough screenshots or clarifications.  in a couple of hours I still didn’t see any changes
I do agree that I need more of both screenshots and clarifications.
What this mod does will in no way what so ever be viable in game without another mod that uses this one (such as AI-Retrofits). Crew replacer exists to solve a mod compatibility issue when it comes to changing the way things like surveying and salvaging work in the game, so to allow many mods to change the same thing without a massive maze of issues to arise.
So ya. This changes nothing on its own. Thank you for reminding me about clarification on what this mod does though. You are not the first to be confused about this. Or the second. Or the third. Or fourth...
I will get around to clarifying soonish hopefully.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2023, 09:31:04 AM »

dear community:
the last update of this mod (V0.6.4) (that I released 6 months ago) introduced a very bad bug that i didn't notice until like a week ago, that could cause the following:
1) items not being were they said they were in cargo, so you could not pick them up
2) items not being were they said they were in cargo, so when you tried to pick up one you got another.
3) moving items sometimes resulting in them appearing on top of each other.
4)items in cargo sometimes moving to the side for no reason at all it would seem.

so yay. turns out that was me. sorry for having this bug here for so long i had no clue, as this somehow didn't come up at all in testing.
well, its fixed now. and texted. a lot. so please if you have this mod installed and are having issues with such things, please update to the latest version. its save combatable, so there should be no issues. but always remember to save copy your saves before updating, just in case.
also thanks to the person who reported this to me. it would have likely stayed around for quite a while longer if they had not.

Shai the Greatest

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2024, 04:27:27 PM »

So, is a mod that can add more selection of crews types (Automated Robot crews or Luddic Motivated crew mates or can diversion of crews?) or equipment like (tanks, IFV, APC,?) Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2024, 10:39:19 PM »

Can you post in your first entry the list of mods using your library? Because it's cool but if we don't know which ones, we might miss an opportunity  ::)

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2024, 12:53:40 PM »

So, is a mod that can add more selection of crews types (Automated Robot crews or Luddic Motivated crew mates or can diversion of crews?) or equipment like (tanks, IFV, APC,?) Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

I believe just robotic crew and replacements for needing crew to survey and salvage as well as the ability to make robotic colonies.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2024, 03:31:13 PM »

i believe you mostly understand, but some things i would like to explain:
this mod 'adds' nothing on its own, but what it does do is replace most instances of a 'commodity' being used in the vanilla code (like crew for salvaging, or supply's for surveying, or whatever), with a type of 'list' for each commodity. modders can then add commodity's or other things to that 'list'(very oversimplified) to let said item act as a valid thing for.. whatever its set to act as. so you could have another type of thing be used as 'supply' when salvaging, or you could have something else act as 'crew' for colonization. you can read more about this in the documentation, as well as what Crew Replacer has replaced and has not replaced here
If you have more questions, please feel free to ask them. i know my explanations can suck sometimes.

Can you post in your first entry the list of mods using your library? Because it's cool but if we don't know which ones, we might miss an opportunity  ::)
that sounds like a good idea, although i don't know what mods even use Crew Replacer at the moment, i will try and find out sometime and add said list somewhere.

I believe just robotic crew and replacements for needing crew to survey and salvage as well as the ability to make robotic colonies.
the mod that adds that content is known as AI-Retrofits, made by myself.
this mod is only a library that enables such things as the robotic crew from AI-Retrofits. It adds nothing on its own.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2024, 07:36:11 PM »

this mod is only a library that enables such things as the robotic crew from AI-Retrofits. It adds nothing on its own.

Oh FFS, I thought that this was the thread for AI-Retrofits...   :P

I'm glad you're paying more attention than I obviously am!   ;D

Shai the Greatest

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2024, 07:25:18 PM »

i believe you mostly understand, but some things i would like to explain:
this mod 'adds' nothing on its own, but what it does do is replace most instances of a 'commodity' being used in the vanilla code (like crew for salvaging, or supply's for surveying, or whatever), with a type of 'list' for each commodity. modders can then add commodity's or other things to that 'list'(very oversimplified) to let said item act as a valid thing for.. whatever its set to act as. so you could have another type of thing be used as 'supply' when salvaging, or you could have something else act as 'crew' for colonization. you can read more about this in the documentation, as well as what Crew Replacer has replaced and has not replaced here
If you have more questions, please feel free to ask them. i know my explanations can suck sometimes.

that sounds like a good idea, although i don't know what mods even use Crew Replacer at the moment, i will try and find out sometime and add said list somewhere.

Oh, it's clear as day thanks for clarifying my question. This is the one of the best library mod I ever see and it's easy to use too. I am thinking making of troop,crew and equipment types with different buffs and penalties for vanilla atm (maybe) the only problem for me is the designs  ;D

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2024, 11:56:44 AM »

Oh, it's clear as day thanks for clarifying my question. This is the one of the best library mod I ever see and it's easy to use too. I am thinking making of troop,crew and equipment types with different buffs and penalties for vanilla atm (maybe) the only problem for me is the designs  ;D
I'm glad your enjoying my mod. i was worried i might have made it a little to confusing, or that my documentation was not sufficient. so im glad that you find it easy to use. and one of the best.
if you ever have any confusion over how things work, or otherwise want to try and do something really wired that you worry might be impossible while designing things related to crew replacer, feel free to contact me and i will attempt to provide additional information and tips on how my mod works
also, good luck with designing your things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]