Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Ships that could use a slight OP boost  (Read 7615 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ships that could use a slight OP boost
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2021, 04:14:52 AM »

Now that Fury costs 20 DP, it really feels OP starved now.  Unlike ballistics, energy does not have cheap but effective options, and most of my weapon mounts need to be empty unless I give up hullmods and/or flux stats.  It still feels like a Shrike with more hp and flux.

How is Fury powerful enough to be worth 20 DP?  Missiles?  Safety Override?  Specific skill picks?

Fury either needs about 5 or 10 more OP, or have its DP lowered a bit to match Apogee or a bit less.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2021, 04:51:35 AM »

18 DP is what I initially proposed for a nerf, but everyone was so sure it was disgustingly strong for 15 DP and then of course it got slapped hard. Firepower is not nearly enough to justify 20 DP and Plasma burn is still a meh system for AI. Sure it's fast but once its flux builds up it can't do nothing. It'll move back a bit and then with 50% hard flux re-engage with Plasma burn. Now Fury is only worth as an early game flagship filled with missiles. Shrike is 8 DP, this thing is 20, take a close look at both ships and tell me that makes sense.

EDIT: I'm fine with it staying at 20 DP if it's going to get extra 10 OP.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 05:04:56 AM by Grievous69 »
Please don't take me too seriously.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2021, 05:04:49 AM »

18 DP is what I initially proposed for a nerf, but everyone was so sure it was disgustingly strong for 15 DP and then of course it got slapped hard. Firepower is not nearly enough to justify 20 DP and Plasma burn is still a meh system for AI. Sure it's fast but once its flux builds up it can't do nothing. It'll move back a bit and then with 50% hard flux re-engage with Plasma burn. Now Fury is only worth as an early game flagship filled with missiles. Shrike is 8 DP, this thing is 20, take a close look at both ships and tell me that makes sense.
It seems like I can get more bang for my buck with two Shrikes, if I have spare officers (or were not using them in the first place).

OmegaMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2021, 12:38:08 PM »

This...   

>>  but also the games progression in general, cruisers and capitals should have their prices increased by 2-4x so that destroyers arent DOA.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2021, 01:58:25 PM »

>>  but also the games progression in general, cruisers and capitals should have their prices increased by 2-4x so that destroyers arent DOA.
Then bounty progression needs to be slower too.  It gets tiring when profits of various activities get slashed and/or ships more expensive, but the enemy still levels up as fast as before, which was ridiculous in the first place.  Our officers level up slower, but enemy still cranks out superior officers like no tomorrow on their faster scaling bounty fleets.

And by slower, I mean the bounty floor.  After one bounty reaches a higher reward, they ALL do aside from the 50k one that spawns rarely.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 02:06:22 PM by Megas »

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2021, 03:06:57 PM »

Regarding Fury,

I have had good success with a Pirate Shrike and a Fury in 0.95.1-RC4, both AI-controlled. Fury do not feel OP-starved, and still feels like a bargain at 20 DP, IMO. I would have set it at 22 DP, but now that Eagle got buffed, we'll see how they both fare.

What do you need additional OP for on Fury? Would you please share your OP-starved Fury loadouts?

Below are loadouts I currently use. Earlier this year, with 0.95, I also have successfully used AI-controlled Fury with 2 Sabot Pods + ITU + EMR (only 2 S-mods IIRC).

Pirate Shrike:
Spoiler
[close]

Fury:
Spoiler
[close]

Aurora:
Spoiler
[close]

Do you think Fury is closer to... 8 DP (Pirate) Shrike or 30 DP Aurora? Screenshots in spoiler above speak for themselves. Yes, I know, different officer skills and personalities, 3 S-mods in Fury and Aurora while none in Pirate Shrike. Also player character is level 15 with 6 points spent in leadership, 4 points spent in technology and 5 points spent in industry.

At the end of the day, Fury is the best platform for the best weapon in the game: Heavy Blaster.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]