Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Priority" and "Preference"  (Read 750 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
"Priority" and "Preference"
« on: November 28, 2021, 10:57:55 PM »

Kinda annoying when bounties and contacts are always making you go to the same spot.

Couldn't these systems be assigned a "DON'T CHOOSE ME UNLESS IM THE ONLY ONE" tag temporarily so the game can incentivize diversifying where we should go instead of having the same automatic priority preferred system?

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: "Priority" and "Preference"
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 11:06:12 PM »

i think i rarely, if ever encounter bounties in the same systems. Then again, i am playing only with vanilla bounties and only do some occasionally... Is this a issue with some mod that does change bounties or with bounties from contacts? As opposed to the "public" ones.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 12:34:11 AM »

The game wants to use "interesting" systems, and with just few of those, ends up cycling the same systems over and over.

I think a simple weighting towards unexplored system would do - another if after this if-else block, if system was visited mult*=0.1:
https://github.com/jaghaimo/starsector-api/blob/master/src/com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/intel/PersonBountyIntel.java#L185

Also, Alex - shouldn't skip be mult=0?
https://github.com/jaghaimo/starsector-api/blob/master/src/com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/intel/PersonBountyIntel.java#L186
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:39:07 AM by Jaghaimo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »

Actually, I just fixed a bug that was making (many different types of) missions prefer sending the player to *already explored* systems instead of the opposite. I think that probably is the main contributing factor here.

Also, Alex - shouldn't skip be mult=0?
https://github.com/jaghaimo/starsector-api/blob/master/src/com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/intel/PersonBountyIntel.java#L186

Nope!

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 10:20:37 AM »

Actually, I just fixed a bug that was making (many different types of) missions prefer sending the player to *already explored* systems instead of the opposite. I think that probably is the main contributing factor here.
Huzzzah!! That one was so annoying.

JaronK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 05:14:51 PM »

One thing I noticed: When I intentionally made a colony near where bounties were usually sending me, the bounties moved from there after that and were found in entirely different systems (much to my annoyance, I wanted to be able to sell loot nearby and jump right back in!).  What's going on there?