Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Why Do Analyze Missions Spawn Mostly in 4-8 Systems?  (Read 579 times)

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
Why Do Analyze Missions Spawn Mostly in 4-8 Systems?
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:09:19 PM »

Seriously -- it seems like the game prioritizes a handful of systems for analyze missions. I do a lot of analyze missions -- and the game sends me back to visit the literal same probe and derelict with shocking frequency. It's one thing if e.g. Tri-Tachyon and the Hegemony both want me to analyze a probe. Fine. But the third time the Persean League pays me half a capital ship in credits to take my Dram out to visit the same probe... What are you guys hoping to figure out? What is shifting those internal masses? Whether that mysterious hyperspace ping is really just flavor text?

Does anyone know the logic the game uses to generate these missions? Needs something to avoid duplicate systems and especially duplicate targets, especially for the same faction.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Why Do Analyze Missions Spawn Mostly in 4-8 Systems?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 09:19:18 PM »

Missions spawn according to the system where you are. So if you are in Westerness, most missions will be PL.
Then, I think it's a random roll, so some of the good systems (with stations, cloud of derelicts) are statistically more susceptible to spawn mission. I also have the feeling that missions will spawn far away from you position (but not sure). For now, those missions are McGuffin and don't influence or change anything to the main faction (although it would be very nice if at some point it will trigger a colonization attempt for example).