Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (0.11.3) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 160207 times)

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

Real 0.96a compatibility patch added. Supports enhancing default built-ins. Adds a DP cost penalty to having more S-mods than normally allowed. Also fixes a couple of longstanding bugs.

Changelog:

Ships that exceed the default build-in limit now incur a flat stacking DP cost penalty. Default is 8% of base DP per additional S-mod. Doesn't affect maintenance or recovery costs. Also applies to NPC fleets that exceed their limit.

Add support for enhancing existing built-ins

"no_build_in" is no longer ignored by default in the mod settings

Change XP costs to be based on default deployment point values rather than modified ones

Add support for ships that start with more s-mods than usually allowed, setting the initial limit accordingly

Replace "show all" with "show recent" that shows the last 10 recently built-in hull mods (on any ship)

Show s-mod bonuses and penalties in the build-in and remove screens

Reduce default base XP cost to increase S-mod limit by 20%, but increase the scaling by 25%

Fix issue with "Maximum of 2 non-built-in 'logistics' hullmods" preventing build-in

Fix issue where default fleet inflater would ignore average s-mods parameter due to no_build_in rule being added to every hull mod
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 07:54:32 PM by float »

Wuorg

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Real 0.96a compatibility patch added. Supports enhancing default built-ins. Adds a DP cost penalty to having more S-mods than normally allowed. Also fixes a couple of longstanding bugs.

Changelog:

Ships that exceed the default build-in limit now incur a flat stacking DP cost penalty. Default is 8% of base DP per additional S-mod. Doesn't affect maintenance or recovery costs. Also applies to NPC fleets that exceed their limit.

Add support for enhancing existing built-ins

"no_build_in" is no longer ignored by default in the mod settings

Change XP costs to be based on default deployment point values rather than modified ones

Add support for ships that start with more s-mods than usually allowed, setting the initial limit accordingly

Replace "show all" with "show recent" that shows the last 10 recently built-in hull mods (on any ship)

Show s-mod bonuses and penalties in the build-in and remove screens

Reduce default base XP cost to increase S-mod limit by 20%, but increase the scaling by 25%

Fix issue with "Maximum of 2 non-built-in 'logistics' hullmods" preventing build-in

Fix issue where default fleet inflater would ignore average s-mods parameter due to no_build_in rule being added to every hull mod

Amazing, thank you for the update! I have a couple of quick questions, if that is alright:
1) How does the stacking DP penalty function on ships with secondary modules, like the Solvernia and other dreadnought sized ships?
2) For those that might miss the old way, or feel they'd like a different modifier, is there any way we could adjust the value of the DP penalty ourselves, such as choosing to make the penalty one-to-one with the bonus from Derelict Operations? Alternatively, perhaps instead of DP, it affects peak operating time, %cr to deploy and so forth, making it just like vanilla high performance hulls (like the Hyperion). Or some combination of the two. I hope giving such suggestions isn't coming off as rude or anything like that; I just really like the mod and like imagining ways it can further evolve!
3) I really like the new "Show Recent" button, but also genuinely miss the Show All button. Is it out of the question to have both? (Needing to go back and forth between the refit menu and the build-in menu to add non-recent mods might be too tedious after a while).

Again, thank you, and I really appreciate all your hard work :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:43:37 PM by Wuorg »

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

Amazing, thank you for the update! I have a couple of quick questions, if that is alright:
1) How does the stacking DP penalty function on ships with secondary modules, like the Solvernia and other dreadnought sized ships?
2) For those that might miss the old way, or feel they'd like a different modifier, is there any way we could adjust the value of the DP penalty ourselves, such as choosing to make the penalty one-to-one with the bonus from Derelict Operations? Alternatively, perhaps instead of DP, it affects peak operating time, %cr to deploy and so forth, making it just like vanilla high performance hulls (like the Hyperion). Or some combination of the two. I hope giving such suggestions isn't coming off as rude or anything like that; I just really like the mod and like imagining ways it can further evolve!
3) I really like the new "Show Recent" button, but also genuinely miss the Show All button. Is it out of the question to have both? (Needing to go back and forth between the refit menu and the build-in menu to add non-recent mods might be too tedious after a while).

Again, thank you, and I really appreciate all your hard work :)

1. Thanks for mentioning ships with modules -- been playing so much vanilla I totally forgot about them! So I just tested it out and modules aren't affected by the penalty because they don't receive the XP tracker hullmod (which is what applies the penalty). So technically "working as intended". But I'll probably make it so that the penalty for the base ship is also affected by modules with extra S-mods, by taking the maximum number of S-mods over the limit out of all modules.

2. If you miss the old way you can go into progsmod_settings.json and set "deploymentCostPenalty" to 0. The extent of configuration is that you can set the percent of base DP increase per additional S-mod (default is 8%, but you could set it to, say, 4% if you feel 8% is too steep, or 12% if you feel 8% isn't enough, etc). Doing something completely different (reducing max CR, max PPT, etc.) is not possible.

3. Show all button was removed mainly because if you have a lot of mods running, you could have something like 200 known hullmods, and "show all" would perform very poorly. Plus you'd still have to actually search through the list of 200 items (granted, it was sorted) to find the hull mod you were looking for. I don't intend to add it back. Keep in mind that the recent built-in list persists in your save file and is basically an LRU cache, so unless you're constantly building in more than 10 unique hull mods (I know I don't!), you shouldn't have to flip between the two screens very often.

Wuorg

• Ensign
    • View Profile

1. Thanks for mentioning ships with modules -- been playing so much vanilla I totally forgot about them! So I just tested it out and modules aren't affected by the penalty because they don't receive the XP tracker hullmod (which is what applies the penalty). So technically "working as intended". But I'll probably make it so that the penalty for the base ship is also affected by modules with extra S-mods, by taking the maximum number of S-mods over the limit out of all modules.

2. If you miss the old way you can go into progsmod_settings.json and set "deploymentCostPenalty" to 0. The extent of configuration is that you can set the percent of base DP increase per additional S-mod (default is 8%, but you could set it to, say, 4% if you feel 8% is too steep, or 12% if you feel 8% isn't enough, etc). Doing something completely different (reducing max CR, max PPT, etc.) is not possible.

3. Show all button was removed mainly because if you have a lot of mods running, you could have something like 200 known hullmods, and "show all" would perform very poorly. Plus you'd still have to actually search through the list of 200 items (granted, it was sorted) to find the hull mod you were looking for. I don't intend to add it back. Keep in mind that the recent built-in list persists in your save file and is basically an LRU cache, so unless you're constantly building in more than 10 unique hull mods (I know I don't!), you shouldn't have to flip between the two screens very often.

Ah, thank you for pointing me in the right direction with regards to (2)! Turns out I was looking in the wrong place. That's a fair enough point for (3), I suppose I have a pretty high tolerance for scrolling through lists (or maybe I just don't have that many hullmod mods). I also tend to try weird things all the time with my ship builds, so end up building in all sorts of different mods, but I reckon that that is pretty far from the norm, so I understand your reasoning completely. Thanks again, mate!

Sottom

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello. Love the mod and is a must have for all my playthroughs now!

Building on what was said previously on secondary modules, is it at all possible to make the mod work with those as well instead of just the primary one?
To add S-mods to the one of the secondary modules, I had to go to the mod settings and deactivate it, add in the S-mods, and reactivate it. Any way to make this either more streamlined, or otherwise directly be able to interact with the secondary modules while the mod is on?

Thanks again for the great mod!

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hello. Love the mod and is a must have for all my playthroughs now!

Building on what was said previously on secondary modules, is it at all possible to make the mod work with those as well instead of just the primary one?
To add S-mods to the one of the secondary modules, I had to go to the mod settings and deactivate it, add in the S-mods, and reactivate it. Any way to make this either more streamlined, or otherwise directly be able to interact with the secondary modules while the mod is on?

Thanks again for the great mod!

Images

[close]

If you're not seeing the above for ships with modules, let me know what ship is not showing its modules. Keep in mind that modules that have 0 OP are not considered player-modifiable (they're not selectable in the refit screen) and so wouldn't be selectable here either.

Sottom

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sorry for my blindness and sorry for the waste of time. Thanks for the help! It was the Wurgandal from ED shipyards but it does indeed have the option available.
And best of luck :D

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Sorry for my blindness and sorry for the waste of time. Thanks for the help! It was the Wurgandal from ED shipyards but it does indeed have the option available.
And best of luck :D

The exact same thing happened to me with the exact same ship!  ???

GAH!  *Forehead smack*  How did I miss that. Works great, thanks!

krlos

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I think i found a problem with your mod. When u built-in anything in your ships, if u happen to have any D-mods and the "Hull Restoration" skill the skill will no longer work on that ship, even if remove the S-mods later.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

I think i found a problem with your mod. When u built-in anything in your ships, if u happen to have any D-mods and the "Hull Restoration" skill the skill will no longer work on that ship, even if remove the S-mods later.

On any ship? When you try to restore at a dockyard, does it say the ship is too advanced to be restored or some such?

Edit: Works on my end. XIV battlegroup ships from Sentinel's cache cannot be restored, by hull restoration or otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 06:16:54 PM by float »

krlos

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any ship. Tried a lot of different ones. I tested without the mod and works fine, u wait 1 month and the D-mod is fixed. I restored then normally on a dock, no issues there. It works fine if u leave the ship without S-mods, but the moment you built-in anything that ship can no longer be fixed by the skill, even if u remove the s-mods. I was on a run with a lot of little ships and d-mods, the skill was working and then all of a sudden i start noticing that the skill was no longer fixing stuff, so i tried to remove the s-mods, no change then i bought a new ship with d-mods, after 1 month the skill worked normally, finally i started another run to test without the mod, thats how i was certain. I tested the normal built-in without the mod and works fine. Maybe it's a conflict with other mod, i was using a fell others. I was using the "Experimental Hull Modifications by lyravega", i will test it again to be certain
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 09:25:32 PM by krlos »

krlos

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any ship. Tried a lot of different ones. I tested without the mod and works fine, u wait 1 month and the D-mod is fixed. I restored then normally on a dock, no issues there. It works fine if u leave the ship without S-mods, but the moment you built-in anything that ship can no longer be fixed by the skill, even if u remove the s-mods. I was on a run with a lot of little ships and d-mods, the skill was working and then all of a sudden i start noticing that the skill was no longer fixing stuff, so i tried to remove the s-mods, no change then i bought a new ship with d-mods, after 1 month the skill worked normally, finally i started another run to test without the mod, thats how i was certain. I tested the normal built-in without the mod and works fine. Maybe it's a conflict with other mod, i was using a fell others. I was using the "Experimental Hull Modifications by lyravega", i will test it again to be certain
It's a mod conflict, just tested it. The mod works fine, sorry for the trouble.

hoang303030

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, can I change the show recent into show all? Cause I like the show all more.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey, can I change the show recent into show all? Cause I like the show all more.

Sure, you can make whatever personal modifications you want. The relevant method is showRecentPressed in PSM_BuildInHullMod, just change that to whatever you'd like and compile to jar.

YuiYuukiII

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you so much for creating this mod, for showing the build in bonus, it's fantastic, but the "Show recent" button, God knows how much it annoys me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21