Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (0.11.3) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 160113 times)

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile

I have a hullmod I made and for some reason this mod always says it can't be made into a S-mod. It's not a builtin-only and it has nothing unusual about it that I can think of. In the CSV file under tags it has "phase, req_spaceport" and the ship it's installed on is a phase ship. I've looked at BuildInSelector.java and can't find a reason. What, other than built-in only are reasons a hullmod couldn't be made into an S-mod?

pepemattos21

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I have  Ship/Weapon Pack instaled and at least the Solar class hull is having incompatibility with this mod, how can I fix this?

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile

So I found the reason my custom hull mods can't be built in. They fail the check :

if (!hullMod.getEffect().isApplicableToShip(checkerShip))
on line 128 of BuildInSelector.java

The hull mod in question has this for its isApplicableToShip method
public boolean isApplicableToShip(ShipAPI ship) {
        return ship.getName().startsWith("ISS");
    }

It seems you are making a temporary ship to do the checking and that temporary ship does not have the same name as the real ship. Why do you make a temporary ship and not just use the actual ship? Wouldn't it be easier to just compare with the actual ship?

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Is there any plan to add exploration/trade exp for the exploration/logistics vessels since currently the only option to upgrade your exploration fleet is to drag it into a bunch of battles?
to be done some day... XD

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile

I've been having WAY too much fun with a Monjeau destroyer from Hazard Mining Incorporated with this mod (and others of course, but this one's a big one.)  I think I'm up to...eight S-mods now?  The thing is a beast.  Absolutely MULCHES domain derelicts and anything without shields, yet it still has real weaknesses and can only do so much work.  Solos fleets regularly.  Might be a bit OP.   ;D

Fun times.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've been having WAY too much fun with a Monjeau destroyer from Hazard Mining Incorporated with this mod (and others of course, but this one's a big one.)  I think I'm up to...eight S-mods now?  The thing is a beast.  Absolutely MULCHES domain derelicts and anything without shields, yet it still has real weaknesses and can only do so much work.  Solos fleets regularly.  Might be a bit OP.   ;D

Fun times.

Taking a ship you like and making it into a pet project is amazing. Combined with Better Deserved S-Mods you can get some real interesting synergy going on ships to support some pretty weird builds. Tricking out the shieldless ships from HMI is great, lately I've started to build out an Object 108 drone (also HMI) and see how it can do. Honestly though I'm a sucker for gimmicky stuff like the High Tech Expansion Peregrine too, ships like that respond really well to the extra investment. Its also a great way to make platforms that can use some certain angular weapons effectively too.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 04:14:40 PM by Agalyon »

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Having an issue where the Midline mining ships from Vayra's Sector are getting the Combat bonus of Efficiency Overhauls despite being civilian hulls. Unsure what's causing that.

Is there any plan to add exploration/trade exp for the exploration/logistics vessels since currently the only option to upgrade your exploration fleet is to drag it into a bunch of battles?
The mod author doesn't seem to have logged in since October, so I'm unfortunately doubtful.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Having an issue where the Midline mining ships from Vayra's Sector are getting the Combat bonus of Efficiency Overhauls despite being civilian hulls. Unsure what's causing that.

I'm pretty sure they have to be set as civilian ships in the "ship_data.csv" file. You can change it yourself if you like, just add "CIVILIAN" on the "hints" column.

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure they have to be set as civilian ships in the "ship_data.csv" file. You can change it yourself if you like, just add "CIVILIAN" on the "hints" column.

Just realized I posted in the wrong thread, but got my problem answered anyway. Many thanks!

Requiemfang

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Kinda wish there was a setting in the mod settings that you could enable/disable for mothballed ships to prevent them from gaining XP, especially ships you have no intention of using and are just collecting to drop off at a colony or something.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

(Basic 0.96a maintenance update + a performance improvement using the new buttonPressed callback)

Re: making temp ships

This is because FleetMember and Ship are fundamentally different, only Ships have the hull mods. There is a Ship generated in the refit screen (that's how the hull mod incompatibilities in the base game are possible), but it's not accessible to mods.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 11:45:44 AM by float »

legenbone

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey there! thanks for the awesome mod! I have not updated the mod but I wanted to post the bug report here anyway...
For 0.95, the interaction between IndEvo hullforges and this mod is kinda bugged, it resets max number of buildin hullmods to 3. I personally have not tested with a ship that is unmodified (I fed the hullforge a Timeless with like 17 Smods) so I don't know how it will interact then, but I just wanted to post it here and let you know.
Thanks again for the awesome mod, and hope you have a wonderful day!

Wuorg

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Awesome, been dying to play with this again, thanks for the fast comparability update! I look forward to being able to use this to s-mod built-in hullmods like in vanilla soon ^.^

Antichrist Hater

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Can't s-mod hullmods already built into the hull for the green bonus. Also you can get safety overrides built in which is forbidden in vanilla. I am unlikely to use this mod in my next playthrough.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

For 0.95, the interaction between IndEvo hullforges and this mod is kinda bugged, it resets max number of buildin hullmods to 3. I personally have not tested with a ship that is unmodified (I fed the hullforge a Timeless with like 17 Smods) so I don't know how it will interact then, but I just wanted to post it here and let you know.
Thanks for bringing this up, I forgot about this. I believe this behavior was different before, resetting the XP cost for increasing build-in limit and making it even easier to “barcode” ships. If indevo hull forge changes the clone’s id, which it clearly does, it’s basically not possible to tell which ships have been forged from which other ships. So some logistical rearranging will be necessary.

I am unlikely to use this mod in my next playthrough.
Thanks for letting me know!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21