Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (0.11.3) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 160069 times)

Kobold

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I would love a option to have both normal built in and progressive system. Mostly for using sp for logistic ships while having the system for combat ships and most definately AI.
i entirely agree with this, have story points used for civilian fuel/cargo ships, as they gain little XP, OR, have the ability to move XP from one ship  to another using SP, this would work just as well if not better, as it could be seen as transferring experienced crew from one ship to another

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Liking the mod a lot so far!  I think it's an improvement vs the base SS methodology in that I'm now doing this for ships that aren't my end-game fleet, so this is great.

The only issue is there's no way to apply s-mods to ship modules (super cap problems). 
Maybe for modules you could allow story points to be spent on them?  Or the upgrade UI for the module could be accessed via a button on the configuration screen?

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

Liking the mod a lot so far!  I think it's an improvement vs the base SS methodology in that I'm now doing this for ships that aren't my end-game fleet, so this is great.

The only issue is there's no way to apply s-mods to ship modules (super cap problems). 
Maybe for modules you could allow story points to be spent on them?  Or the upgrade UI for the module could be accessed via a button on the configuration screen?

Images

[close]

If you're not seeing the above for ships with modules, let me know what ship is not showing its modules. Keep in mind that modules that have 0 OP are not considered player-modifiable (they're not selectable in the refit screen) and so wouldn't be selectable here either.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Images

[close]

If you're not seeing the above for ships with modules, let me know what ship is not showing its modules. Keep in mind that modules that have 0 OP are not considered player-modifiable (they're not selectable in the refit screen) and so wouldn't be selectable here either.

GAH!  *Forehead smack*  How did I miss that. Works great, thanks!

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say, in my current play-through, I feel this mod adds the most to the game.  Thank you.

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

TFW people ignore the existence of a config file.

I've looked through the config file. There's no option to allow building in s-mods with both story points and XP.
Just disabling the mod entirely with a setting, and keeping currently installed XP s-mods.

I would love a option to have both normal built in and progressive system. Mostly for using sp for logistic ships while having the system for combat ships and most definately AI.

Basically, not the same thing as what this guy wanted.

And I can sympathize. Mostly because it takes SOOOOOO long to build-in Augmented Drive Field on a new cruiser.
Would love an in-game way to gain XP faster on a chosen ship, like paying for some kind of temporary boost.

Anyways, love the mod, OP. I've used it on a few playthroughs now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:17:54 AM by Frosterus »

Lukenstor

• Ensign
    • View Profile

How can I make the AI fleets field ships with the same Hullmods as mine?

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Hello, firstly thank you for the mod! Despite what how long the rest of this post ended up might imply I really like it, it means I actually use S-mods rather than hoarding my story points like a dragon and refusing to do anything with them.

I have however encounter one somewhat exploit-y mod interaction between this mod and Automated Commands (or anything that adds zero-OP cost hull mods). This mod allows you to add a zero OP S-mod for zero cost, befitting from guaranteed recovery for S-mod ships and presumably +5% max CR per hull mod from the hull restoration skill. Particularly useful with Luddic enhancement to save my Prometheus (IED) after it does its thing.

An obvious solution to this would be to hide zero OP hull mods in the list of available hull mods, that would also solve the minor complaint that with Automated Commands and Commissioned Crews I have quite a few zero cost hull mods cluttering up my list that I would like to hide.

Two more minor utilities that would be nice are; an option in the 'manage S-mods' dialog to list all ships with an open S-mod slot and how much XP they have so I don't have to check them one by one and a (config?) option to change the sorting of S-mods from alphabetical to by cost as that's how I'm used to organising them in the refit screen.

epiceuropean

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm noticing the same thing as the poster above -- the build in hull mods list includes 0-cost hull mods, like the mods from Too Much Information or Automated Commands. I checked the code, and though I have no experience with Starsector modding, it seems like the following function should be filtering out 0-cost hull mods:

SModUtils.getModuleVariantsWithOP
Spoiler
    public static List<ShipVariantAPI> getModuleVariantsWithOP(ShipVariantAPI base) {
        if (base.getModuleSlots() == null) {
            return null;
        }
        List<ShipVariantAPI> withOP = new ArrayList<>();
        for (int i = 0; i < base.getModuleSlots().size(); i++) {
            ShipVariantAPI moduleVariant = base.getModuleVariant(base.getModuleSlots().get(i));
            if (moduleVariant.getHullSpec().getOrdnancePoints(null) <= 0) {
                continue;
            }
            withOP.add(moduleVariant);
        }
        return withOP;
    }
[close]

Not sure what's not working, but I hope you can make an adjustment in the next version!

Thanks for this amazing mod. I love it!

EDIT TO ADD:
Two features I'd like to see in the add/remove mod list:
  • OP Cost listed next to XP cost. I can see relative costs, but it'd be nice to have a direct comparison.
  • Ignoring the 2 logistics mod limit when adding or removing Smods. Obviously that's one strength of Smods in general, but the UI doesn't allow you to build in any logistics mods while you have 2 logistics mods installed. This might be an engine limitation so I don't expect it to be an easy fix, but I thought it'd be nice!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 12:59:11 PM by epiceuropean »

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

TFW people ignore the existence of a config file.

I've looked through the config file. There's no option to allow building in s-mods with both story points and XP.
Just disabling the mod entirely with a setting, and keeping currently installed XP s-mods.

Basically, not the same thing as what this guy wanted.

And I can sympathize. Mostly because it takes SOOOOOO long to build-in Augmented Drive Field on a new cruiser.
Would love an in-game way to gain XP faster on a chosen ship, like paying for some kind of temporary boost.

Anyways, love the mod, OP. I've used it on a few playthroughs now.

THIS! So much THIS! I love the mod. But not being able to buy a Capital or a Cruiser and install Augmented Drive Field on it, is a Big No-no. And as far as I can see there is nothing in the Mod's Config File, short of Disabling the Mod, applying changes via the vanilla system, then re-enabling the mod. Which is a work-around but still a massive pain in the ass.

I dont know how codable it is, but I would reckon a relatively simple solution would be to apply a Discount of 100% to the XP cost of the first/first two S-Mods that are being built in, essentially making them only Cost an SP point Each, just like the Vanilla system.

I would gladly grind extra XP for the higher S-Mod numbers that this Mod Allows me to have as some sort of Trade-Off for balance!

Otherwise, as I said, I Love the mod!

EDIT: I dont know how exactly. But after messing around with the config file I managed to get what I was talking about..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 08:10:18 AM by Shedovv »

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile

Recently got back into SS after a long time away. Saw the changes made to vanilla and immediately looked for updated and new mods. I'm glad I picked this one up.

I'm basically end-gaming at this point and noticed a quirk/bug: the XP requirements for expanding S-mod limits changes with the DP of a ship. A skill lets you have up to 20% or a flat -10 DP cost for a ship if it doesn't have a captain. If it does, the DP cost is the normal amount.

If I just uncaptain a ship, it costs less to upgrade. (I think the XP cost to install an S-mod is affected as well.)

I'm guessing the mod is pulling the DP cost live from the actual ship you're editing rather than the base template?

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile

The character skill "Hull restoration" gives +5 CR for each S-mod a ship has. Is there any way to make these S-mods count? Currently they don't because the skill looks at the variant, not the specific ship.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile

The character skill "Hull restoration" gives +5 CR for each S-mod a ship has. Is there any way to make these S-mods count? Currently they don't because the skill looks at the variant, not the specific ship.
Really? I haven't had an issue with that with my install and I'm running several other "ship upgrade" mods alongside this. This functionality is, in fact offsetting, some CR loss I should have from some hullmods I use from the More Hullmods mod.

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Really? I haven't had an issue with that with my install and I'm running several other "ship upgrade" mods alongside this. This functionality is, in fact offsetting, some CR loss I should have from some hullmods I use from the More Hullmods mod.

OK, I double checked and it seems to be working now. Strange. So, disregard above post.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21