Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (0.11.3) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 160380 times)

VolkRonin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Progressive S-Mods (0.8.7) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »

Hello! I found a strange visual bug that I've discovered after using this mod;

Namely, after raising the built-in hullmod limit beyond 2 (3 with a certain character skill,) mod ships that have animated components/module sprites (e.g. radar dishes) start playing their animation really fast. Unsure if anyone else reported it, but here is what it looks like below.

If its related, I'm using Java 8, so maybe its just a side effect of that, unless it isn't.
Fighters and missiles.. or missiles and fighters?

vcuaoiwk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Progressive S-Mods (0.8.7) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2022, 01:06:16 PM »

Could it be because of Exotica Technologies? It implements an 'upgrades' system for ships, and could explain why AI ships in my latest playthrough have plenty of those upgrades, but not S-Mods.

I dont think so. I'm running Exotica for both playthroughs and one had AI S-mods and the other didn't. My suspicions are leaning towards the bootleg Vayra's sector.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2022, 12:29:14 AM »

Safe to use with Realistic Combat? Since this mod relies on combat for XP tracking n all.

Realistic Combat mod author here: if not, how can I work with you to support this mod?

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sorry if the question was asked already, but I got a problem. I got the mod, enabled it in the manager, but see no change on the s-mod screen. It's totally vanilla. Is there something I need to edit in the settings or smth?

Mods don't have direct access to the refit screen. You can access this mod's menu by docking at any planet, there should be an option there.

So I have a ship here with Augmented Drives and Makeshift Shield built in natively. The Augmented Drive gives it's bonus of -30% fuel use but the Shield does not give it's built in bonus, which would be fine if it was any other hullmod, but the -20% and lack of omni shield to then pair with the forward facing shield mod for extra area and flux efficiency really hurts the craft. I'm guessing it is not meant to work this way since one is giving it's bonus and the other is not.

Picture for reference (I hope this works... let me know if you can't view the image and I will find another way of posting it): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/813133410184724481/1019678721025781820/unknown.png

S-mods have green text -- they are specifically hull mods that you'd (normally) have to spend story points to build in. If the text is white, that's an innately built in mod and not an s-mod. I'm assuming this is also what the creator of the mod that adds s-mod bonuses intended.

found an interesting visual bug
when i put in a hullmod, all of the weapon on my ship were listed as empty despite the weapon is still attached to it
still can use it, its just me being nitpicky about it

edit:Never mind, it bugged out. all the inbuilt mod are now useless. it doesn;t give any benefit

I don't understand this. Can you post a picture?

You can build in makeshift shields, but if it is a native built in it doesn't give the bonus while other mods do. So I don't really understand, shouldn't it be one or the other?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 04:03:21 AM by Catscrath »

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2022, 12:45:40 PM »

That's not PSM.
A what? No they are pre built in. But one has the PSM boost and the other does not for some reason and I am wondering if there is any method to the madness.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 03:38:22 PM by Catscrath »

Slomes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2022, 01:30:49 PM »

Safe to use with Realistic Combat? Since this mod relies on combat for XP tracking n all.
Perfectly safe to use!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:03:44 PM by Slomes »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2022, 07:33:21 AM »

That's not PSM.
A what? No they are pre built in. But one has the PSM boost and the other does not for some reason and I am wondering if there is any method to the madness.
There are no PSM boosts. Those are from BDSM.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2022, 12:41:42 PM »

That's not PSM.

The only madness here is you thinking that Progressive S-Mods gives boosts. Get your mods right!

Slomes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2022, 02:00:24 PM »

Haha woops, I also seem to have mixed them up. I thought it was both one mod but it is two!

Perfectly safe to use!

There! P:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:04:24 PM by Slomes »

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2022, 06:56:42 AM »

That's not PSM.

The only madness here is you thinking that Progressive S-Mods gives boosts. Get your mods right!
You right, you right. See that now. My bad

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Looking forward to trying this out. One of my biggest gripes with Story Points is that you start running out in the end-game due to the slow leveling. Hopefully this helps that.

Kobold

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Looking forward to trying this out. One of my biggest gripes with Story Points is that you start running out in the end-game due to the slow leveling. Hopefully this helps that.
its an absolutely fantastic mod

Bradley_

• Ensign
    • View Profile

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2022, 05:26:26 PM »
ReplyQuote
Re: xp from trade

> I could consider this but really that’s the whole point of the post-battle XP for civilian and undeployed ships. Didn’t Alex say something to the effect of aspects of the game being designed to funnel the player toward combat?

This makes zero sense. When i go to epic battles i dong bring my whole trade fleet, meanwhile when i have a fleet of non combat ships and use them for non-combat operations, i don't have epic battles, or none at all. What your mechanic encourages is just bringing trade ships in balltes when you dont need those trade ships, thats just cheesy and exploity. You cant just take one sentence of what somebody else says and take it as a set in stone truth that applies to literally everything.

> See above.

Sorry, what am i supposed to see, god?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 03:59:33 AM by Bradley_ »

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I would love a option to have both normal built in and progressive system. Mostly for using sp for logistic ships while having the system for combat ships and most definately AI.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21