Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (1.0.0) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 167365 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

My impression or this mod suck if you were intending to use it for civilian ships? Not only XP growth is slow, now that I have XP I found out I can't use it.

It says "Maximum of 2 non-built-in "Logistics" mods per hull" for every single hullmod I want to add.

Some issues with that:

1. I didn't add any smod yet to that ship, the built-in logistics hullmods are part of the ship hull.
2. I have the skill to allow 3 logistics hullmods...
3. I am playing  with UNGP and picked the skill to allow more logistic hullmods.

If I wasn't using this mod, I would been able to soup up those ships with 4 hullmods on the ship itself + the smods. Now I can't add a single smod to it.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

Found the bug in your code.

On BuiltInSelector.java you are using getUnapplicableReason and isApplicableToShip vanilla functions to check if the hullmod can be turned into smod. But those functions are NOT for that purpose, their purpose is to check if you can add a new hullmod to the ship as normal mod.

Because of this bug, you can't make your logistics mods become smods, since they are already on the ship, you are obviously already at the limit, thus they are not applicable according to these functions.

Ibudoto

• Ensign
    • View Profile

My impression or this mod suck if you were intending to use it for civilian ships? Not only XP growth is slow, now that I have XP I found out I can't use it.

It says "Maximum of 2 non-built-in "Logistics" mods per hull" for every single hullmod I want to add.

Some issues with that:

1. I didn't add any smod yet to that ship, the built-in logistics hullmods are part of the ship hull.
3. I am playing  with UNGP and picked the skill to allow more logistic hullmods.

If I wasn't using this mod, I would been able to soup up those ships with 4 hullmods on the ship itself + the smods. Now I can't add a single smod to it.

You can install more than 2. I have ships with 4 logistics mods. Also in my experience they gain exp pretty quick.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

If you read my other post I found a bug.

That bug affects not only logistics mods but other mods too , for example it prevents you from smodding stuff from "Modern Carriers" since all "Carrier Core" conflicts with any other, they conflict with themselves too, so when you open the smod screen it doesn't let you smod the carrier core you already have installed on your ship, because the way it is coded make the game think you are trying to install it again.

econ_intern

• Ensign
    • View Profile

With this mod, how often to NPC ships/fleets show up with s-mods?

I saw that the description mentions NPC ships can have built-ins, but was curious if they become super common, or it's more rare for specific fleets.

For example, in Nex special task forces usually have a few big ships with s-mods, as do invasion fleets. However, a random trade convoy would not have them.

Exempt

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This mod is a much much better idea, and I much prefer this to the vanilla mechanic. Thank you.

Kobold

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Progressive S-Mods (0.8.7) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2022, 02:55:12 PM »

does this mod work with commissioned crews?

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Progressive S-Mods (0.8.7) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2022, 07:36:16 PM »

I'm getting the distinct feeling that the way Arma Armatura handles strikecraft means their carriers are no longer valid targets for the supporting bonuses. Prior, my fleets were getting large chunks of XP from supporting actions performed by strikecraft but now since putting a WINGCOMM on the XP gain is barely a trickle.

KarlPh1sher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2022, 07:31:17 AM »

Had both mods enabled for weeks or months, no conflicts between those two mods so far.

KarlPh1sher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2022, 07:35:09 AM »

Some issues with that:

You need to uninstall hullmods till the ship have only 2 logistics hullmods on ,then smod the mods you need, then add the rest logistics hullmods back in. now saying that I admit it's does get tedious.

Kobold

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2022, 11:46:34 AM »

Had both mods enabled for weeks or months, no conflicts between those two mods so far.
i cant build them in, im probably missing something in commissioned crews

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2022, 03:48:09 PM »

the menu for build in is on the planet screen
where market and hireing is ;)

Kobold

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2022, 05:29:59 PM »

the menu for build in is on the planet screen
where market and hireing is ;)

i know that, but i have the mod that gives XP instead of using story points, and it wont let me build it in using it

KarlPh1sher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2022, 01:12:15 PM »

i cant build them in, im probably missing something in commissioned crews
They can't be buildin by design, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22