Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] Progressive S-Mods (0.11.3) — gain XP for ships, spend it on S-mods  (Read 160178 times)

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This mod is fantastic!  But I'm very suddenly having a lot of wonky behavior.  Somebody mentioned a conflict with Concord.  There may be a bit of friction elsewhere too.

Just in the last few days, suddenly my S-mods are turning up in duplicate, and some of the mods themselves (depending on which of the pair you choose) have wonky behavior like... infinite XP  >_>

Halp?  ^_^;;

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This mod is fantastic!  But I'm very suddenly having a lot of wonky behavior.  Somebody mentioned a conflict with Concord.  There may be a bit of friction elsewhere too.

Just in the last few days, suddenly my S-mods are turning up in duplicate, and some of the mods themselves (depending on which of the pair you choose) have wonky behavior like... infinite XP  >_>

Halp?  ^_^;;

We have worked out the duplicate part and source code has been updated.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Halp?  ^_^;;

Do I have to start a new game?  I'm still getting wonky (but different!) behavior.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Halp?  ^_^;;

Do I have to start a new game?  I'm still getting wonky (but different!) behavior.

I don’t think the released version has been updated.
Meanwhile, I have patched concord to make doppelgänger auto replace itself with the correct original hullmod. As long as you don’t try to build in two of the same type simultaneously you shouldn’t have further issues.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Oh.  Um.  I'm having ultra-odd behavior now... but you mentioned it might not be updated yet.  I'll check again.

See, now I've lost access to NORMAL vanilla mods, and can ONLY install them via the S-mod menu (which still has duplicates of non-vanilla choices).  Basically the opposite of what you're saying  **chuckles**  Because weekends.  Because reasons.

I'll poke around, update, and try again.

UPDATE:  Alas, new game, this is all the S-mods I end up getting access to:  https://ibb.co/JnzrSS5
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 10:49:20 AM by dgchessman2 »

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile

a ship with modules ala caliph dreadnought has no smods till i press "build in" on the empty list of s-mods, they show up after that.

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Is there a way to know how much XP I need to unlock the next S-mod for a given ship?

Right now it says I have 1209 XP on a frigate which I assume is enough for the first S-mod but I don't see any button to open the dialog to install S-mods. (it's entirely possible I'm just stupid, it's been a very long day)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 01:51:41 PM by hqz »

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Is there a way to know how much XP I need to unlock the next S-mod for a given ship?

Right now it says I have 1209 XP on a frigate which I assume is enough for the first S-mod but I don't see any button to open the dialog to install S-mods. (it's entirely possible I'm just stupid, it's been a very long day)

Nevermind I found the menu option in the station. I was looking at the wrong place.

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

there seems to be some kind of weird situation, where sometime far in a save, the XP value of ships (the entire fleet) just gets stuck in 0 and cannot increase the XP from 0 no matter how many battles.

looking into the save data, they seem to be stuck in an NaN value.

i only noticed this fairly recently though.
saving the NaN value as a number (i.e 500 or whatever) seems to "unstick" the XP of a ship though
went from 0(nan), edited save file xp value to 500, loaded the save, and now it can climb to 600+ after a quick battle.

but yeah, weird thing is. It happens to the entire fleet at once
so something (probably) gets *** up at the moment the mod adds XP to ships after battle which is why it includes the civilian ships as well.
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what to make of this error.
Is it trying to call a skill into question...??

Happens when I click "Show All"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/skills/ImpactMitigation$Level1
   at data.scripts.util.PLSP_DataBase.<clinit>(PLSP_DataBase.java:190)
   at data.hullmods.PLSP_ClusterModulator.isApplicableToShip(PLSP_ClusterModulator.java:322)
   at progsmod.data.campaign.rulecmd.ui.plugins.BuildInSelector.disableUnapplicable(BuildInSelector.java:127)
   at progsmod.data.campaign.rulecmd.ui.plugins.BuildInSelector.updateItems(BuildInSelector.java:68)
   at progsmod.data.campaign.rulecmd.ui.plugins.BuildInSelector.addNewItems(BuildInSelector.java:63)
   at progsmod.data.campaign.rulecmd.PSM_BuildInHullMod$1.showAllPressed(PSM_BuildInHullMod.java:160)
   at progsmod.data.campaign.rulecmd.ui.plugins.BuildInSelector.advance(BuildInSelector.java:162)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.int.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills.ImpactMitigation$Level1
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

At a guess, it's because PSM doesn't load ShipAPI ship, even though descriptions can, which causes a crash because it's trying to do something with an object that's not there.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

@Arkar1234

Thanks for the report. I looked through the code and am not finding where a NaN could be popping up, so I guess I'll just add a failsafe somewhere.

@IGDood

Do you know what PLSP_ClusterModulator is? Whatever PLSP is, it's trying to load a class in the Starsector API that doesn't exist. In fact, if you go to the file where the NoClassDefFoundError is popping up, you'll see that the Level1 inner class is commented out.

Edit: is PLSP polaris prime? If so, that mod hasn't been updated for 0.95, so that would explain why it's trying to load a class that doesn't exist (the skill system was vastly different in 0.9.1).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 01:23:52 PM by this_is_a_username »

paulogabbi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 02:42:49 PM by paulogabbi »

float

• Commander
    • View Profile

That’s intended — it’s to stop you from building in hull mods with story points. You can access this mod’s build-in menu via dialog at a market.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile

@Arkar1234

Thanks for the report. I looked through the code and am not finding where a NaN could be popping up, so I guess I'll just add a failsafe somewhere.

@IGDood

Do you know what PLSP_ClusterModulator is? Whatever PLSP is, it's trying to load a class in the Starsector API that doesn't exist. In fact, if you go to the file where the NoClassDefFoundError is popping up, you'll see that the Level1 inner class is commented out.

Edit: is PLSP polaris prime? If so, that mod hasn't been updated for 0.95, so that would explain why it's trying to load a class that doesn't exist (the skill system was vastly different in 0.9.1).

Yeah, turns out it was an issue with a bootleg PLSP mod that was updated for 0.95 
My bad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21