Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FIX THE DAME AI.  (Read 3333 times)

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: FIX THE DAME AI.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 07:46:25 AM »

same old response its a great game come on. This is the major issue that needs to be addressed you just said it in your repley.

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 07:49:18 AM »

When you attack as a player the AI is really great a focusing on your ship but when re-versed it is like it has no brain.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 07:55:23 AM »

When you attack as a player the AI is really great a focusing on your ship but when re-versed it is like it has no brain.
I don't even know what this means.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2021, 09:56:20 AM »

I think they are saying that, your allied ai ships never focus on single ships to eliminate them quickly?

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2021, 10:08:21 AM »

Usually when you get focused as the player, it's because you overextended. The AI doesn't overextend anywhere near as much, which is also coincidentally why it is worse at killing things than you are. If you want the AI to go for every kill, then use reckless aggression level. You will find your ships also die much more often, and that's the price for making the AI commit to kills.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2021, 10:15:41 AM »

Do you have a set of ship loadouts that when used in the simulator can reproduce this problem?  Do you have a video that shows the problem?  Have you posted the loadouts of the ships involved?  Problems that can be reproduced are much more fixable than those that cannot be reproduced. 

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2021, 10:46:09 AM »

In regards to the main point: its absolutely true that there are issues with AI aggression and closing in with the kill, and I have seen inconsistent backing off behaviors when close to a kill (I think some were caught and fixed for the next version). They are somewhat rare but can be very frustrating when they pop up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13DhS4mRW0QSf1QTanSfpSCbjIkShGs-x/view?usp=sharing
here 5 ships against 2 ships both ships will get away because the ai just sucks.

I do not know what games you guys are playing and it should not matter if they have long range short range burst speed no speed the AI should at least attck.

Could we see your loadouts please?

In this particular case I'm actually not surprised the enemy got away: unless it has SO, the Brawler is too slow to do anything, and a Kite can't kill a Wolf on its own under AI control (it might even be difficult for a player piloting, it only has 1 ballistic weapon). For the Wolf and Lasher vs Mule, Mule's are almost as tough as destroyers and have maneuvering jets to make them speedy in bursts to get out of danger. Wolves also completely lack shield breaking weapons, so unless it and the Lasher make synchronized runs it can't take it down. Also both of those enemy ships have officers while none of yours do, so I'm double not surprised. This just looks like a place where your ships don't have the power/speed to take on the enemy before they retreat.

Ok, that was normal me, moderator me time:

Please be more constructive with your posts - constructive criticisms are welcome (and critical posts that have sufficient details have improved the game greatly), but all caps 'yelling' titles and rudeness are not.

I can tell you guys don't really play the game and just look at it.
Please be respectful of other users. Forum rules can be found here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2021, 11:00:42 AM »

Oh good eye on the officers, I just saw the ships and figured out the situation. At this point loadouts are irrelevant, it's a clear case of a weaker fleet trying to best a tougher one. Which could be winnable with player piloting, in this scenario this is just asking the AI to suicide, or maaaaaaybe win but with heavy losses.
Please don't take me too seriously.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2021, 11:15:47 AM »

Brawler and Kite vs Wolf is a bad match-up. Brawler can hardly catch up to it, while Kite would have to purposefully make it skim twice, then dump sabots on it. If it can't do either, it couldn't have hurt Wolf.
Wolf and Lasher vs Mule depends on what armament Mule had. If it had HAC and/or sabots, it could have just fluxed out the frigates every time they tried to close the gap.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2021, 01:47:51 AM »

One of the patches turned every ship into a coward. Can't remember which one.

Use reckless/aggressive captains and full assault.

That patch was not an improvement to the game.

Zakaluka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2021, 05:25:23 AM »

i wonder if there's a mod to increase supply cap in the mix here?

I find it odd how many times I've seen people boost the supply cap with a mod and then complain about the AI.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2021, 06:10:44 AM »

One of the patches turned every ship into a coward. Can't remember which one.

Use reckless/aggressive captains and full assault.

That patch was not an improvement to the game.
0.7.2 has some bits of it, but 0.8 was the one that turned the AI full coward, and any tweaks since that tried to correct this have largely failed.

Ship AI from 0.7.1 and earlier was better for fighting against.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2021, 11:22:15 AM »

HEY!  You watch your mouth!  The AI is not a dame!

She is a LADY.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2021, 08:12:45 PM »

She's an alcoholic! With her drivers license revoked!

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2021, 11:07:57 AM »

She doesn't like you. You had better watch yourself. She has the death sentence on twelve systems.....
 8)   8)
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3