Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FIX THE DAME AI.  (Read 3331 times)

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
FIX THE DAME AI.
« on: November 18, 2021, 06:42:40 PM »

The AI is broken I have posted here so many times I have lost count.

When you are in a battle and you have 2 ships facing off from each other and 1 is fluxed out and 1 hit from dead. What does the AI do back off so the other ship can recover and fly away, Instead moving in for the kill and finishing off the ship.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: FIX THE DAME AI.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 08:51:06 PM »

When you are in a battle and you have 2 ships facing off from each other and 1 is fluxed out and 1 hit from dead. What does the AI do back off so the other ship can recover and fly away, Instead moving in for the kill and finishing off the ship.

Unless this is a simulation testing weapons layout/hull mods, there are never just 2 ships facing off with each other...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 09:14:36 PM »

Dame AI? Did someone mod Starsector into a noir detective game while I wasn't looking? Or perhaps a dating sim?

I can also count that you have made a total of four posts on this topic; you can view your own posts for reference purposes by clicking on "Profile", then "Show Posts".

On a more serious note, I'd suggest missiles, or other long-ranged finisher-type weapons. Tachyon Lance works well, too.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 09:39:29 PM »

Chill, the AI here is not to be a problem, but to tie up some enemies while you be the badass and slaughter most of the enemy fleet yourself. Spec your ships for maximum range, put steady or aggressive officers on them, they will busy the enemy fleet, you take all the kills.

Nafensoriel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 04:56:17 AM »

This isn't a human. This is the AI complaining about human players not feeding enough fleets to remnant sectors.

BORED AI COST LIVES.

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 06:53:51 AM »

I can tell you guys don't really play the game and just look at it.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 06:59:11 AM »

Well a word from someone who doesn't really play the game. Use eliminate commands and aggressive officers. And maybe your ship loadouts are too weird so AI doesn't know what to do with it. You won't get any meaningful responses just by saying "AI sucks lol, this one ship didn't kill the other ship I'm sad". Show us something real, or post your fleet with loadouts idk.
Please don't take me too seriously.

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 07:05:43 AM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13DhS4mRW0QSf1QTanSfpSCbjIkShGs-x/view?usp=sharing
here 5 ships against 2 ships both ships will get away because the ai just sucks.

I do not know what games you guys are playing and it should not matter if they have long range short range burst speed no speed the AI should at least attck.

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 07:07:44 AM »

sorry 4 on 2 and yes both got away.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 07:17:45 AM »

Don't jump down his throat - the AI has issues. As situations grow ever more complex with recent versions, it exposes more problem cases. In the current version, AI phase frigates are practically unusable. They decloak point blank, fire their guns and blow up along with their target. Or decloak on top of a target while it is already exploding. This stuff will be fixed in the next version. But it's not the only problem case that exists.

The AI does back off easy kills. It does point its nose at stuff when it makes no sense, turning left and right and not getting a single hardpoint shot off. It does lower its shields at low flux and takes painful armor hits. It likes to vent flux exactly when the enemy is at its most vulnerable. I'm sure there's more examples.

This is not ragging on the game. We love SS and just want it to be better.

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 07:20:35 AM »

I have played this game for a while sorry i do not post on this form much i post on Reddit a lot more. Also its been out for a while not like it came out on monday.

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 07:24:21 AM »

also on the example of 4 on 2. in the end the wolf frIgate got flux out and all 4 back away to let it recover and run away. Also, 2 of the 4 had no flux build-up at all.

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2021, 07:31:14 AM »

Do not get me wrong i love the game i would have paid 60$ bucks for it on steam if a friend had told me about it the only reason I found was because of youtube. Reminds me of a game on steam i have played through like 10 times because it is a great game and is fun to play which is Infested Planet.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 07:36:14 AM »

Don't jump down his throat - the AI has issues.
This is not ragging on the game. We love SS and just want it to be better.
Bruh read the title and the opening post. Of course the AI has issues, everyone who played the game for more than 5 hours knows that, but people usually post a video or something. They don't just scream into the void, Alex can't fix an issue if he doesn't know what causes it.

Also it's plain wrong that weapon setup makes no difference to AI. Every time there's been a drastic AI post on the forums where the poster said AI is broken, it has always been a case of not knowing how to build ships. Last time I participated in such a thread, OP was saying how his ships won't eliminate the enemies no matter what he does. And whaddya know he posted the builds, and all ships had pretty much only beams. Ship building is hard so there's no surprise there, the game could do a little more to point new players in the right direction with builds, autofit is bleh.
Please don't take me too seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3