Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.8.3  (Read 112142 times)

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.6.1
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2023, 02:30:49 PM »

I'm curious, how are people finding the new Stardust Core Drive effects? Is the campaign map agility noticeable for everyone? Does it do anything to encourage you to run more SV ships in your fleet?

Personally, I've been enjoying it, but it's hard for me to gauge how it effects most players.

Bungeezus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2023, 09:46:48 PM »

I am loving everything about this mod. The ships are balanced, the sprites look good, the overall design is awesome.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2023, 09:59:58 PM »

Glad to hear it!

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2023, 11:28:02 AM »

Just to give an update, I'm working on getting an official 0.96 version out that has some addition stuff in it plus some balance changes to go along with the vanilla updates.

Might be a bit for that, since I need to play around a bit with vanilla some more to make sure I'm happy with how the SV stuff fits in with the new factional changes. I also have some more code work to do on the new ship to make sure it's doing what it is supposed to properly.

Good news is that as far as I can tell 0.6.1 works fine without any changes as long as you've updated LazyLib and MagicLib. If anyone does run into issues, though, let me know.

NGTM-1R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2023, 05:24:11 PM »

Just to give an update, I'm working on getting an official 0.96 version out that has some addition stuff in it plus some balance changes to go along with the vanilla updates.

Might be a bit for that, since I need to play around a bit with vanilla some more to make sure I'm happy with how the SV stuff fits in with the new factional changes. I also have some more code work to do on the new ship to make sure it's doing what it is supposed to properly.

Good news is that as far as I can tell 0.6.1 works fine without any changes as long as you've updated LazyLib and MagicLib. If anyone does run into issues, though, let me know.

That's good to hear, I've gotten quite fond of this mod's weapons, even if I'm less familiar with the ships than I probably should be given my love of exploration.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.7.0
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2023, 11:06:27 AM »

All right! After a very long delay, Stardust Ventures is now updated for SS 0.96.

It mostly worked with the new version anyway, other than a crash if you tried to put Solar Shielding on a ship with a Stardust Core. But as far I can tell everything is updated properly now and I haven't had any issues during my own test games.

There have also been some tweaks to the equipment lists for factions to take the new doctrine differences into account. The Persean League, for example, will not use any SV Missiles since they have their own unique list.

The Celestial Guide also makes its debut! This strange looking vessel acts as a significant fleet boon on the campaign map. It both increases the overall burn level by +1, it also adds +50% agility to the fleet in addition to that given by Stardust Cores. Which mean that a fleet of nothing but SV ships that includes a Celestial Guide will have a whopping +150% agility on the campaign map. Makes dodging storms and getting in and out of slipstreams much, much easier.

A new interceptor also got added in. Meet the Gamma Racer! It's kind of like a Talon with a shield. Much more survivable, and it's use of the new Fel PDS makes it a bit more useful against targets of any sort. While not a powerhouse, it does work pretty well at keeping your ships from lighter missile and fighter threats.

Speaking of the Fel PDS, it is basically an energy Vulcan. Slightly longer range, loses a bit of raw damage in exchange for EMP. Not as good at actually taking out missiles and fighters, but also not worthless in a fight against anything with shields and armor.

New:          Old:

The other addition for this release is the first of my art improvements that includes lighting outside of the main sprite. The Starlight Guard has not only had a bit of a makeover, you'll also see the front side lights and core lighting areas darken during venting and flicker when overloaded. It's a good touch, I think, and I'll gradually start improving all of the ships like this.

That should be it for the most part. Let me know if you run into any issues!

Atlas De velen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.7.0
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2023, 07:45:23 AM »

So i installed the mod on a ongoing save and I wanted to know, can I  get the celestial Guide on it or it´s just a faction exclusive kind of ship ? I can find the rest of the ships on persean League or Independent Market´s no problem

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.7.0
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2023, 08:00:49 AM »

Yeah, it's just a fairly rare ship. About as hard to find as an Ox, actually. But any of the places that sell SV ships should be able to have it.

You can also have them made if you find the Stardust Ventures Core blueprint package. Which, given the rarity of the ship, might be the most reliable way to get one.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.7.1
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2023, 06:27:23 PM »

0.7.1 is now out!

A moderately sized update, with a few fixes and some new stuff added in.

First off, I discovered that the Celestial Guide was missing an entire category of roles that it was supposed to show up in, which explains why it was even harder to find than intended. That's now corrected, and while still not common you should be able to find them for sale a good bit more often.

I also discovered that it's stated ability to reduce the Nebula movement penalty and hazard occurrence wasn't working. After a bit of code sleuthing that was finally nailed down and corrected. It now properly mimics some of what the Navigation skill does, and stacks with it!

Here is a 30 ship sized fleet making use of both the Navigation skill and a Celestial Guide to cruise through a nebula with only a little bit of slowdown:

Without the Celestial Guide, that fleet can only move through nebula at a 12, so not a bad improvement for a single ship! Note that the bonus doesn't stack with more CGs, although it's normal Drive Field Stabilizer does.

Other additions are the Fel PDS system. A super cheap energy pd weapon that is both OP and flux friendly, but has a very long delay between shots. Good for the occasional missile, but it can't do much if you're being pressured by a lot of stuff at once. It was primarily added in to let the Gamma Racer do its job a bit more effectively, but it does make it's way into a few loadouts as well.

The final addition is the Streak MRM series of missiles. Fast, guided missiles with decent range they're highly effective at actually hitting their target, provided it doesn't have too much point defense. However, their low damage mean they're much better for taking out small ships like frigates than doing more than pressuring larger ships.

They come in 4 flavors: Amber (fragmentation), Azure (kinetic), Crimson (energy/emp), and Violet (high-explosive). The small version has both 2 and 4 ammo versions, while the medium has 12 shots (firing two at a time) and the large 32 (firing four at a time!).

They make an excellent addition to any fleet having issues with frigates and other fast flanking assailants.

Finally, ships with Stardust Cores get a new exclusive hullmod option, the Environmental Shielding mod. It's not terribly expensive, and boosts their resistance to damage from solar coronas and storms to 100%. Quite handy, though warships may still find that OP is too precious to spend on a modest reduction in travel damage. The three exploration ships (Horizon Chaser, Stargazer, and Void Nomad) all now come with it built-in to let them do their jobs just that much better.

That's it for now. Next update should see some more art upgrades and perhaps a new ship system or two!

Sleepy Rachel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2023, 12:01:59 AM »

Hi there Mephansteras, been loving the mod! I hope I'm not being too much of a bother but I've been getting CTD while in Hyperspace occasionally and the error log seems to be pointing towards Stardust. It's happened a few times since the 0.7.1 update.

Code
4805441 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at plugins.stardust_FleetStatManager.applyHarmonics(stardust_FleetStatManager.java:130)
at plugins.stardust_FleetStatManager.advance(stardust_FleetStatManager.java:54)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2023, 08:15:50 AM »

Hmmm. That's annoying. Definitely an issue with the new Celestial Guide code. I haven't run into that yet personally, though, I've gotten quite a few hours of testing in.

I wonder if there is some difference between Java 7 and Java 8 (which is what I'm running). Default for SS is Java 7, which I assume you haven't moved from?

A few other questions:
   1) Are you on 0.7.1?
   2) Do you have a Celestial Guide in your fleet?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 10:17:42 AM by Mephansteras »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2023, 08:21:45 AM »

I added a bunch of mods, removed a bunch of mods, found a tool that tells you how much VRAM is being used up, disabled a ton of mods. This mod uses little VRAM so I kept it. I was surprised by this mod. I didn't notice it before and then suddenly with a lack of mods this mod started to shine. I was surprised by them as fleets on the edge of core space started showing up and they cool. Great design, engagement, it is all good. I am not a pro and am playing a heavily modded game with the mods in my favor making me slightly OP so don't judge me on balance but I like the mod. Thanks of making and sharing it, also new sprites look cool.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2023, 09:57:30 AM »

Glad you're enjoying it!

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2023, 01:06:42 PM »

Title says 7.1 but link to download is for 7.0?

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2023, 04:17:04 PM »

Well, that's a problem. Should be fixed now.

If you downloaded the mod via that link, please re-download it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8