Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.8.3  (Read 107603 times)

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.2.3
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 07:07:18 PM »

0.2.4 is up!

Got the art pass done on 3 ships this time:   (Old->New)

Warp Diver

Stargazer

Sunbeam Rider

Also added in a new missile weapon called the Cloudburst which does a mirv spread like the sabot. Unlike the Sabot, the spread is wider and designed to do AOE energy damage. Good for taking out groups of missiles or fighters, but underwhelming vs ships since not all shots will land. (I need to get a few good composite shots of those to add to the OP.)

in the meantime, here is a shot of the Cloudbursts in action:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:38:36 PM by Mephansteras »

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.3.1
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2022, 08:10:07 PM »

On to 0.3.1!

Reworked the Vortex Hunter and its sister hull the Cosmic Wind.

Also added in a new fighter, the Meteorite, since I was touching a carrier anyway. It's a fast little strafing and interception fighter. The proton guns let it be pretty versatile, though it can do little against a shielded ship other than apply some pressure.

Plus two new additions to the weapons.

A single-barrel Light Proton Gun, used by the Meteorite but also available for larger ships.

And the Stormfront, a Large missile rack version of the Cloudburst that continually manufactures new missiles during a fight. This allows the ship equipped with it to pretty much indiscriminately fire it off as point defense.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.4.1
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 08:09:29 PM »

v0.4.1 is now out.

Bumped up the version # on this because it'll break old saves due to hardpoint changes.

For this one I added in a new fighter, the Stormwing. It's armed with mini versions of the Fel Repeater and a single-shot Cloudburst Missile. It's tough and fast, designed to work best against other fighters while still being solid against larger ships.

I also have a rework of the art on a few ships. There was some rebalancing that went along side the art work on these.

Storm Herald

Void Nomad

Starlight Raider

Getting close on the artwork! Only a few ships left, at least for a first pass. I will certainly be going back through and doing touch-ups on a lot of them. And I'd like to do some snazzier stuff like converting the static power core lights to being dynamic lights that turn off when the ship is shorting out or disabled.

Along side that I'll be adding in at least one new bomber to round out the fighter wings, a new kinetic torpedo, and then on to the hull mods and systems.

SwaggyCthulhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 05:03:48 AM »

v0.4.1 is now out.

Bumped up the version # on this because it'll break old saves due to hardpoint changes.

For this one I added in a new fighter, the Stormwing. It's armed with mini versions of the Fel Repeater and a single-shot Cloudburst Missile. It's tough and fast, designed to work best against other fighters while still being solid against larger ships.

I also have a rework of the art on a few ships. There was some rebalancing that went along side the art work on these.

Storm Herald

Void Nomad

Starlight Raider

Getting close on the artwork! Only a few ships left, at least for a first pass. I will certainly be going back through and doing touch-ups on a lot of them. And I'd like to do some snazzier stuff like converting the static power core lights to being dynamic lights that turn off when the ship is shorting out or disabled.

Along side that I'll be adding in at least one new bomber to round out the fighter wings, a new kinetic torpedo, and then on to the hull mods and systems.

Looking forward to giving this mod a try. The ships look great and unique, and I can definitely appreciate some restraint when it comes to mod ship balance.

Thanks for making the mod.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 12:53:57 PM »

Great! Let me know what you think once you've played with it a bit. So far it's all balanced around my personal play style, so some more input would be good.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.4.2
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 12:59:44 PM »

0.4.2 is out!

Did a rework of the Solar Flare fleet carrier, added in a new bomber and a gunship for it to use, and made a new kinetic torpedo called the Lithobreaker.

Moonbreaker bomber - Armed with the Lithobreaker torpedo, it is highly effective in both taking down shields and finishing off damaged ships. Does not fare well against heavily armored targets on its own, however.

Stormlight gunship - Well armed with an array of weapons, tough, and equipped with a decent shield generator. This wing only includes a single ship, but that ship can do quite a lot even by itself.

New Lithobreaker torpedo launchers - More advanced than the vanilla Hammer torpedoes, but you get fewer of them. The Barrage launcher fires three at once, however, and can be a very formidable weapon in any combat!

From here I just have the Storm Bringer to do for the main ships, which will probably be getting a major art overhaul. I'll also need to rework the Cosmic Fury pirate ship at some point.

For weapons, I plan to get a Large mount version of the Proton guns in, probably a fast firing rotary version to differentiate it from the Mjolnir cannon. I may also make a Large mount version of the Thumper for the pirate ships.

After that it's on to ship systems and hull mods, and probably some additional art passes on the various ships to get them to a good spot.

liliyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2022, 02:22:25 PM »

Hello, found and error while running this mod, this is the log:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [stardust_lithobreaker_pod] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.o00O.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.oO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2022, 02:24:01 PM »

Huh, ok, I'll look into that. Maybe something didn't get added to the zip file somehow.

Thanks for the bug report!

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2022, 05:03:30 PM »

Ok, looks like two of the lithobreaker files ended up in the starsector-core folders instead of the mod folders. Which explains why I didn't get any errors and you did.

I've reuploaded the zip file with the corrections, so it should work now. Please let me know if you get any more errors, though!

liliyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2022, 06:47:55 PM »

Thanks for the very fast reply and fix, I appreciate that :)

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2022, 07:44:50 AM »

You're welcome! And I hope you enjoy the mod  ;D

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.4.3
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2022, 09:24:56 AM »

0.4.3 is up!

Complete rework of the art for the Storm Bringer this time. I decided to make it fit in better with some of my other ships and changed it to be an combination/evolution of the Storm Herald and Solar Flare hulls. It's also had a bump in both power and number of weapon mounts to bring it more in line with the Conquest battlecruiser in terms of power.

I also started playing around with the skin system a bit and made some faction specific skins for the Plasma Burst superfighter. It now has Persean League, Sindrian Diktat, Hegemony, and Elite Mercenary skins. They lose the Solar Shielding in favor of Stabilized shields, except the Merc one which has an omni-shield. They also have different built-in missiles. Sabot for the Persean League, Hammer Torpedos for Sindria and Hegemony, and rocket pods for the Mercs.

No idea how much I'll end up doing with skins, but it was good to learn how they work.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.4.3
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2022, 10:41:41 PM »

For some reason I saw the name and automatically all I can think of is Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.5.0
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2022, 08:49:38 PM »

Well, haven't quite gotten to the ship systems and hull mods yet, but I have had some fun with some additional ship and weapon content.

WARNING! This version may cause crashes if you have a Cosmic Fury in your fleet. I haven't noticed any otherwise, so it may or may not be ok to just upgrade your version.

First up I did a rework of the old pirate carrier of mine, the Cosmic Fury. I decided to make it a proper pirate bash, so it is now based on the Pirate Mule and Pirate Falcon hulls with the Cosmic Wind bridge and fighter bays bolted on to it. It's pretty well armed and armored for a carrier, but a bit fragile due to the salvaged nature of its construction.

Next up in an addition to the main line of ships. I decided the Storm combat line was missing a destroyer option, and I figured out a good shape to work in a clear lineage going from the Storm Runner up to the Storm Bringer.

This is a fast strike destroyer that carriers a spinal mounted Large Ballistic slot. It's good at both hit-and-run and fleet support depending on how you manage its weapon loadouts.

Finally, a slew of new weapons!

The Proton Autocannon gives us a large version of the Proton guns. Fires faster than a Mjolnir cannon, but the individual shots don't hit as hard. Good support weapon since it can keep up a pretty steady stream of fire without overloading your flux.

Plasma casters - Good damage against both hull and armor with a fairly low OP and flux cost, the plasma casters only real drawback is their slow fire rate and mediocre ability to take down shields on their own. These help make better use of many of the Stardust Venture ships energy slots without overwhelming their somewhat limited flux capacity as much as many other energy weapons.

Plasma Caster        Heavy Plasma Caster        Plasma Caster Array

And finally some pirate love to go with the Cosmic Horror rework. The Walloper, which is just two Thumpers strapped together. It's great for hunting down logistics ships and taking out damaged combat ships. Also not bad at bringing down shields, though it works better for that if you have Expanded Mags on the ship.

Walloper

Next up, really going to work on those ship systems and hull mods!

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.5.0
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2022, 03:50:14 PM »

Started playing around with doing some video capture. I may end up making a bunch of showcase videos for the various weapons and ships in the mod, if there is interest.

This one has a Storm Herald bullying a Venture as a nice easy test vid.
https://youtu.be/VlcKPm7Ozto
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8