Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.8.3  (Read 112110 times)

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.5.2
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2022, 03:27:58 PM »

Moved the inner missile mounts of the Comet Tail out to pods on the side. Definitely looks much less squashed in game, which is a big improvement.

Old                         New

I've also started doing some additional work on the Sunbeam Rider sprite. It was a bit too clean and flat looking before.

Old                                    New

Still not super happy with it, especially the weird bumps on the sides of the tanks, but it's starting to look a little bit better with the additional shading. Going to put some more work into that tonight.

Otherwise, next step I think is a new ship. I've been feeling the lack of a good cruiser sized transport ship to act as a step up from the Sunbeam Rider. Currently thinking of having armored and unarmored versions, to better suit different playstyles.

From there, we'll see how things go. I have a few weapon ideas I might play with, or I might start actually working on the big refinery and factory capitals that I was thinking about when I first started working on this pack.

I also have to think about how things are going to work when the next version of Starsector comes out. Right now this is just a pure addition to the midline ship set so they end up pretty much everywhere. But with the additional faction differentiation that is going to be in the next version that may not fit as well. Might be time to make SV its own faction and maybe even craft some more faction-specific versions for use as export.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2022, 08:32:04 AM »

Here is a sneak-peak at the latest addition to the ship line up, the Oort Traveler!

This is a cruiser sized logistics ship that carries a balanced amount of crew, cargo, and fuel. Basically giving you the hauling capabilities of a Nebula, a Buffalo, and a Dram in a single package with good speed and excellent range. Good for fleets that don't want to take up too many ship slots with logistics, though not as good at any one thing as a dedicated ship.

I'm also planning on making an armored version that will sacrifice some of its capacity for better combat ability.

cytokine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2022, 12:32:21 AM »

Really liking the style of these new ships <3. Some of the names make me wince for whatever reason ;D. I'm thinking in a playthrough it would make sense of they were obtainable from only the 'fringe': rare blueprints, mercs, bounty fleets.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2022, 08:05:09 AM »

Heh. Well, you can change the in-game names easily enough in Stardust Ventures\data\hulls\ship_data.csv if you like.

They're not supposed to be super rare, for the most part, but ultimately they will end up being less common than they are right now. Currently they are just part of the midline bp package, so most factions just get them. I'm going to be moving them to a specific Stardust Ventures bp pack (or two) and more carefully controlling who gets what. Likely they'll be common among mercs and independants and a good bit rarer among the proper factions.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.5.3
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2022, 08:40:00 AM »

0.5.3 is out!

A whole bunch of little tweaks and upgrades to the pack, plus the new Oort Traveler to give you better long distance hauling capabilities.

I've also added in two new linked-fel repeater based weapons (twin and quad). They're still the shorter range that the repeaters have, but are slightly more flux efficient and have larger magazine capacity so they can sustain fire for longer. Overall, better at stressing shields and hitting small targets but not as good at punching through armor as the larger Fel weapons. I have found in my testing that they add a nice set of options to your load-outs.

Looking forward, I think the next things on my list are to finally get around to some real code work and getting into the ship systems and modules that I've been wanting to add in. We'll see how fast that goes.

I'm also probably going to finally split out the Stardust Ventures stuff from the midline blueprint package and make it its own thing. This will give me much more control over who gets what, and will be necessary whenever I make the plunge to turn this into a faction instead of just a content pack.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2022, 09:09:56 AM »

There's no file on github...

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2022, 09:37:39 AM »

There's no file on github...

Please try again, I apparently forgot to set it to public. Should be available now.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2022, 09:34:57 AM »

Yep! Works now.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2022, 04:00:12 PM »

I have made my first foray into hull modifications!

Spoiler

[close]

Just a really basic one for my first attempt which adds a smattering of engine related improvements (+1 max burn, +20% maneuverability, +10% max combat speed). Not terribly original, but also not an exact combination I've run across. Makes for a decent addition, at least, although the icon was thrown together so that'll need to be improved upon. It also needs exclusions to prevent it being added to similar hull mods.

Most importantly, though, this gets the ball rolling on more additions. Most of which should be a bit more interesting!

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2022, 03:23:43 PM »

Ok, 0.6.0 is now live!

Big changes this time. Old saves shouldn't break, but some of the stuff might get a bit wonky so be warned.

The biggest change being that Stardust Ventures ships finally have their Stardust Core hullmod that I've been planning forever. It works as a slightly weaker version of Solar Shielding, but adds in a big boost to your fleet's campaign map agility. The bonus scales depending on what percentage of ships are Stardust Ventures, maxing out at a 50% bonus if all your ships have the Stardust Core Field.

End result is that you'll be much more responsive on the map outside combat, especially when dealing with hyperspace storms and slipstreams. All to make exploring the edges of the sector just that much easier.

There is also the Engine Enhancements hullmod from the previous post, which boosts burn speed and combat maneuverability.

Getting all that to work required adding in MagicLib, so that's now a dependency plus LazyLib which MagicLib needs. Most mods use them, so you probably already have them, but if not I'm adding links to the OP.

The other major change was splitting the blueprints out from the midline package and into two separate Stardust Ventures packages. One for civilian bps and one for military. This had some spillover into which factions use what, but those changes are fairly minor. However, this does mean that mod factions that used midline tech won't be randomly getting Stardust Ventures tech now.

There were a few other changes here and there which you can see in the changelog.

From here, probably some more hullmods and into the Ship Systems.

bibigun23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2022, 12:03:17 PM »

Ok, 0.6.0 is now live!

Hi i just wanted to tell you that the mod fails to load. It says (0.6 failed to load master version file from URL "https://github.com/Mephansteras/Stardust_Ventures/blob/main/stardust_ventures.version").
 That url leads me to 404 error in github

Also since i'm inexpirienced i saw the URL for download inside the mod_info.json file and it leads to version 5.3 instead of the latest 6.0.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.6.0
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2022, 11:15:05 PM »

Hmm. Ok, I think I know how to fix that.

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stardust Ventures ship pack v0.6.1
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2022, 11:52:09 AM »

Ok, 0.6.1 is out.

Minor fix for the version file that was causing issues with the Version Checker and I assume SMOL/MOSS.

bibigun23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »

Ok, 0.6.1 is out.

Minor fix for the version file that was causing issues with the Version Checker and I assume SMOL/MOSS.

Great work @Mephasteras ! It loads fine now and it's really nice to see some old good aerodynamics in space for a change :3
 Beutiful art. Thank you  ;D

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2022, 05:08:45 PM »

Ok, 0.6.1 is out.

Great work @Mephasteras ! It loads fine now and it's really nice to see some old good aerodynamics in space for a change :3
 Beutiful art. Thank you  ;D

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8