Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 244207 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm probably a moron, but how exactly do I

Please excuise that, I accidentally fat fingered enter, but I was asking EXACTLY what files to modify to make their stuff purchasable
Heh no problem, I've been known to do that a time or two myself. This is as EXACT as I can make it :)

-Find a file named purchasable_ship_data.csv located in data/hulls - If you delete the current ship_data.csv and rename the optional file ship_data.csv it will make all Hiver ships purchasable and available at the Arms Dealer

-Find a file named purchasable_weapon.data_csv located in data/weapons If you delete the current weapon_data.csv and rename the optional file weapon_data.csv it will make all Hiver weapons purchasable and available at the Arms Dealer

Richared

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm probably a moron, but how exactly do I

Please excuise that, I accidentally fat fingered enter, but I was asking EXACTLY what files to modify to make their stuff purchasable
Heh no problem, I've been known to do that a time or two myself. This is as EXACT as I can make it :)

-Find a file named purchasable_ship_data.csv located in data/hulls - If you delete the current ship_data.csv and rename the optional file ship_data.csv it will make all Hiver ships purchasable and available at the Arms Dealer

-Find a file named purchasable_weapon.data_csv located in data/weapons If you delete the current weapon_data.csv and rename the optional file weapon_data.csv it will make all Hiver weapons purchasable and available at the Arms Dealer

Okay, I assume I delete the ones named EXACTLY that, but what is the optional one?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Okay, I assume I delete the ones named EXACTLY that, but what is the optional one?
I guess I am misunderstanding your question. In the Hiver Swarm main folder look for and open a txt file named README that has all the locations of the optional files and how to enable them. I hope that helps, if not let me know.

Richared

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I guess I am misunderstanding your question. In the Hiver Swarm main folder look for and open a txt file named README that has all the locations of the optional files and how to enable them. I hope that helps, if not let me know.

I'm asking what the OPTIONAL files are called originally, cause I'm not sure which one I am meant to modify.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm asking what the OPTIONAL files are called originally, cause I'm not sure which one I am meant to modify.
The mod comes with several different options which are detailed in the README. Your original question was on how to make their "stuff" purchasable. Keep in mind that first the only way you can buy their assets would be to go through the arms dealer when you enable that option. By default they are hostile to all and you would be unable to just dock on one of their planets and buy things like a normal faction.

All the optional features have to be done manually by you, there is no in game menu. Navigate to w/e drive and folder you installed Starsector, there will be a subfolder called "mods". In that subfolder look for a subfolder called "Hiver Swarm 1.08c". Now in that subfolder is the directions, data and graphic files pertaining to Hiver Swarm.

The location of the instructions on how to enable those optional features are detailed in the file called "README" which is located in Starsector\mods\Hiver Swarm 1.08c and it can be opened with any text editor like notepad, Word, etc. If for some reason you do not have a text editor, I also have the instruction located on the Hiver Forum main page, https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22965.0 now look for a bolded line "The mod comes with several optional files that can be enabled before the start of a new game - below that are the various instructions on how to enable the various optional files under spoiler tags.

To enable ships to be purchasable via the arms dealer, navigate to: Starsector\mods\Hiver Swarm 1.08c\data\hulls and follow the directions in the README
To enable weapons to be purchasable via the arms dealer, navigate to: Starsector\mods\Hiver Swarm 1.08c\data\weapons and follow the directions in the README

Richared

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The mod comes with several different options which are detailed in the README. Your original question was on how to make their "stuff" purchasable. Keep in mind that first the only way you can buy their assets would be to go through the arms dealer when you enable that option. By default they are hostile to all and you would be unable to just dock on one of their planets and buy things like a normal faction.

All the optional features have to be done manually by you, there is no in game menu. Navigate to w/e drive and folder you installed Starsector, there will be a subfolder called "mods". In that subfolder look for a subfolder called "Hiver Swarm 1.08c". Now in that subfolder is the directions, data and graphic files pertaining to Hiver Swarm.

The location of the instructions on how to enable those optional features are detailed in the file called "README" which is located in Starsector\mods\Hiver Swarm 1.08c and it can be opened with any text editor like notepad, Word, etc. If for some reason you do not have a text editor, I also have the instruction located on the Hiver Forum main page, https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22965.0 now look for a bolded line "The mod comes with several optional files that can be enabled before the start of a new game - below that are the various instructions on how to enable the various optional files under spoiler tags.

To enable ships to be purchasable via the arms dealer, navigate to: Starsector\mods\Hiver Swarm 1.08c\data\hulls and follow the directions in the README
To enable weapons to be purchasable via the arms dealer, navigate to: Starsector\mods\Hiver Swarm 1.08c\data\weapons and follow the directions in the README

Okay, I understand this, but the README doesn't tell you the name of the optional files, neither does your thing. IT says the pruchasable ships and weapons, but it doesn't tell you the name of the OPTIONAL files you need to rename. I'm just asking what they are because I can't find the name of what files I am meant to rename anywhere.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Okay, I understand this, but the README doesn't tell you the name of the optional files, neither does your thing. IT says the pruchasable ships and weapons, but it doesn't tell you the name of the OPTIONAL files you need to rename. I'm just asking what they are because I can't find the name of what files I am meant to rename anywhere.
OK I think I now understand your question. The instructions make sense to me but in an objective sense I can see where it can be confusing. Let me parse the following instructional section:
"-Find a file named purchasable_ship_data.csv located in data/hulls - If you delete the current ship_data.csv and rename the optional file ship_data.csv it will make all Hiver ships purchasable and available at the Arms Dealer"

The "and rename the optional file" part of the instructions is referring to the file I state to find in the first part which is "purchasable_ship_data.csv". Essentially you are replacing the standard file "ship_data.csv" with the optional file ("purchasable_ship_data.csv") by deleting the standard "ship_data.csv" then renaming "purchasable_ship_data.csv" to just "ship_data.csv" which will take the place of the standard file and load the code that will make the ships now purchasable from the arms dealer.

I do hope that clears thing up, please let me know either way.

Richared

• Ensign
    • View Profile

OK I think I now understand your question. The instructions make sense to me but in an objective sense I can see where it can be confusing. Let me parse the following instructional section:
"-Find a file named purchasable_ship_data.csv located in data/hulls - If you delete the current ship_data.csv and rename the optional file ship_data.csv it will make all Hiver ships purchasable and available at the Arms Dealer"

The "and rename the optional file" part of the instructions is referring to the file I state to find in the first part which is "purchasable_ship_data.csv". Essentially you are replacing the standard file "ship_data.csv" with the optional file ("purchasable_ship_data.csv") by deleting the standard "ship_data.csv" then renaming "purchasable_ship_data.csv" to just "ship_data.csv" which will take the place of the standard file and load the code that will make the ships now purchasable from the arms dealer.

I do hope that clears thing up, please let me know either way.

THANK YOU! I think a slightly easier way to word it is 'Rename purchasable_ship_data.csv to ship_Data.csv after deleting the original one".

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

THANK YOU! I think a slightly easier way to word it is 'Rename purchasable_ship_data.csv to ship_Data.csv after deleting the original one".
Whew, Success! So glad we were able to drill it down and figure it out. Thank you for sticking with it until it was solved. Good idea, I guess I am a little technical and should be more conversational in the directions.  :-[

Thank you for the suggestion, I will amend the README and Forum OP in the next update.

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Been messing around with the Scarabaeidae and have noticed it occasionally takes hits through the shield from the front. The front hitbox of the ship is probably not quite fully covered by the shield (or maybe the ship hitbox is wonky) and I was wondering if that is intentional or not. It is unique however somewhat annoying as you take hull damage when hits are clearly blocked by the shield.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Been messing around with the Scarabaeidae and have noticed it occasionally takes hits through the shield from the front. The front hitbox of the ship is probably not quite fully covered by the shield (or maybe the ship hitbox is wonky) and I was wondering if that is intentional or not. It is unique however somewhat annoying as you take hull damage when hits are clearly blocked by the shield.
Hello there thank you for inquiring,
I just looked over both the data file and the metrics for the Scarabaeidae but do not see an issue on my end. It has an omni shield so I am unsure what you mean by the front taking damage. Just for clarification before I dive deeper, are you sure that the shield is covering the area? I ask because as an omni shield it may be facing another direction.

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello there thank you for inquiring,
I just looked over both the data file and the metrics for the Scarabaeidae but do not see an issue on my end. It has an omni shield so I am unsure what you mean by the front taking damage. Just for clarification before I dive deeper, are you sure that the shield is covering the area? I ask because as an omni shield it may be facing another direction.

It's certainly a bit strange, I don't get any problems with beams but was able to replicate the issue by running a quick sim battle against a Dominator with annihilator pods (also got hit with the Mk 9 on another sim), a bit of splash might have to do with it. You would take damage from the rockets very specific angles, the front right/left.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's certainly a bit strange, I don't get any problems with beams but was able to replicate the issue by running a quick sim battle against a Dominator with annihilator pods (also got hit with the Mk 9 on another sim), a bit of splash might have to do with it. You would take damage from the rockets very specific angles, the front right/left.
I appreciate the specific details, it helps me recreate the issue. I believe the issue MAY be that the Omni shield on that ship is a bit unusual at 275 degrees and you may not be covering an area that you assume you are since most shield arcs are even numbers. That is just a guess mind you, I'll re-create that scenario tomorrow in game and see if I notice anything.

Kreo

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The same thing, damage goes through the shield from missiles or ballistics, somewhere 30-40 degrees to the right or left.
screenshots: 1 and 2 from reaper torpedo (lost 50% HP). 3 from hephaestus ag cannon.
It can be seen that the shield is raised. At the same time, the color of the damage numbers for the armor and hull is visible.
Spoiler

[close]

As if the hitbox far beyond the visible zone of the model and the shield =)
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 07:19:23 AM by Kreo »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The same thing, damage goes through the shield from missiles or ballistics, somewhere 30-40 degrees to the right or left.
screenshots: 1 and 2 from reaper torpedo (lost 50% HP). 3 from hephaestus ag cannon.
It can be seen that the shield is raised. At the same time, the color of the damage numbers for the armor and hull is visible.
As if the hitbox far beyond the visible zone of the model and the shield =)
Thank you so much for including the screenshots. The graphic you show is the alternate mechanical version of the Scarabaeidae and I have been looking at the main pack version. That clears things up quite a bit because I had not considered that and have spent over an hour trying to puzzle this out lol. Ok that being said, back to the grind, I *should* have a fix out later today.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41