Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 242447 times)

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Hiver Swarm - V1.04 - 02/10/23
« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2023, 11:59:48 AM »

Excellent, thank you!

vjhc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »

v1.04 released today - 1.03 save game compatible
Hello again,
strated new campaign with 1.04 find that blacklist file, but still can't research blueprints for their weapons, any suggestions why? Maybe another mod from my mod pack cause this?
Oh, and blueprints saying that I already researched them (I'm not) but without list of weapons
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:02:13 AM by vjhc »

vjhc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2023, 11:17:24 AM »

Oh, and blueprints saying that I already researched them (I'm not) but without list of weapons
Found file called special_items.csv
Guess something wrong there, but really don't know what

vjhc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2023, 11:29:13 AM »

Guess something wrong in plugin params, because in 2 to 5 row, they are different, but for all weapons it is the same

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2023, 11:59:14 AM »

Guess something wrong in plugin params, because in 2 to 5 row, they are different, but for all weapons it is the same
Thank you for taking the time to investigate, it helped me easily diagnose what the issue is. In 1.03 I changed the filing system for their weapon bps from small medium and large to missile, pulse, plasma and beam to make their full weapon lineup harder to obtain. Thing is I changed it in two of the three areas but not special_items.csv - a forest for the trees error that sometimes crops up being a solo mod dev.

I'll have a hotfix up tonight that fixes that along with a couple minor things I also noticed. Won't be groundbreaking or anything just little touchups like that. I truly appreciate you taking the time to not only report the issue but also spend time trying to figure it out, you are awesome thank you!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Hiver Swarm - V1.04a - Fixing the oopsies - 02/13/23
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2023, 05:13:07 PM »

v1.04a released - Just a quick oopsie hotfix - v1.04 save game compatible

Cleaned up some little nitpicks and fixed an issue with the weapon BPs that vjhc was good enough to help me diagnose. Changelog in the RAR and on the forum OP has the details. Enjoy!

nooder

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 15, 2023, 07:26:27 AM »

hey man great mod im enjoying it so far  :) i have a suggestion tho how about adding rare hull mod drop from hivers something like bio hull regen type of thing or bio ammo replicator ? bio ammo loader ? bio cloak ? type of stuff to give u few ideas it would make hunting them more fun too :D

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2023, 08:51:53 AM »

hey man great mod im enjoying it so far  :) i have a suggestion tho how about adding rare hull mod drop from hivers something like bio hull regen type of thing or bio ammo replicator ? bio ammo loader ? bio cloak ? type of stuff to give u few ideas it would make hunting them more fun too :D
Thank you so much for the kind words, I am glad to hear you are enjoying the mod. I had tinkered with the idea you propose as it had been suggested by other players. I do want to keep the regen hull mod Hiver specific. It is their biggest strength when it comes to their hit and run tactics and it is due to their organic hull technology which lore wise would not work on Corvus ships.

Now as to the others I can see it but it would have to be a drop when you kill them and not installed on their ships since that would tip their balance too much. I am unsure how to make a Hull Mod specific to only loot drops after a battle with them w/out it being part of loot for say a research station.

You've given me some interesting things to look into and I appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas. I am currently working on a significant CFT update and an issue was just brought to my attention with a CJHM hull mod that I need to put out a hotfix for BUT I will add this to the HIVER to-to list and see what I can come up with :)

herkul121

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2023, 01:16:47 PM »

I'm the only one that can't see any ships when I start game as Hivers? I did follow all instructions as intended and still no use, then I did to set them in markets my self with no avail. I didn't head this problem with V1.01 of this mod. There just isn't any ships on market as I did see in Ship.data that ship cost min 4 and max 6 cash? I would love if mod dev solved this problem and repost mod. Or give instructions how to fix it or just make 2 separate downloads? I really love this mod I even still have V0.97 Those ships were just OP back then.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2023, 02:16:50 PM »

I'm the only one that can't see any ships when I start game as Hivers? I did follow all instructions as intended and still no use, then I did to set them in markets my self with no avail. I didn't head this problem with V1.01 of this mod. There just isn't any ships on market as I did see in Ship.data that ship cost min 4 and max 6 cash? I would love if mod dev solved this problem and repost mod. Or give instructions how to fix it or just make 2 separate downloads? I really love this mod I even still have V0.97 Those ships were just OP back then.
I think I understand your issue and apologize. If my understanding is correct then that it is an error on my end. Correct me if I am wrong: You followed the instructions to make them playable and you are playing as a Hiver. I think your concern is that you can no longer buy their ships at Hiver markets. IF that is the case that I believe the issue is that when I put in the block to not have them show up on the black market or Arms Dealer. Since you are are already comfortable opening ship.data then you can fix this yourself instead of waiting for me to put in a fix.

First make a backup on ship_data.csv in a separate folder as a failsafe. Then open the file and navigate to column AV which is labeled "tags" look for the lines: no_dealer, no_sell and delete them for every ship you would like to be sold and save. The same would be for weapons so go to data\weapons\weapon_data.csv and following the above instructions, navigate to column AI "tags" and do the same. Run the game and if it fixes the problem you can either keep or delete your backup files. If it does does not work then just reenable your backup files. Either way please let me know if I have correctly addressed your concern and if my solution works.

I hope that helps and I thank you for taking the time to being this to my attention. Sorry for not considering this scenario when I made the change and I'll try to have a fix in soon.

herkul121

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2023, 06:42:01 PM »

I think I understand your issue and apologize. If my understanding is correct then that it is an error on my end. Correct me if I am wrong: You followed the instructions to make them playable and you are playing as a Hiver. I think your concern is that you can no longer buy their ships at Hiver markets. IF that is the case that I believe the issue is that when I put in the block to not have them show up on the black market or Arms Dealer. Since you are are already comfortable opening ship.data then you can fix this yourself instead of waiting for me to put in a fix.

First make a backup on ship_data.csv in a separate folder as a failsafe. Then open the file and navigate to column AV which is labeled "tags" look for the lines: no_dealer, no_sell and delete them for every ship you would like to be sold and save. The same would be for weapons so go to data\weapons\weapon_data.csv and following the above instructions, navigate to column AI "tags" and do the same. Run the game and if it fixes the problem you can either keep or delete your backup files. If it does does not work then just reenable your backup files. Either way please let me know if I have correctly addressed your concern and if my solution works.

I hope that helps and I thank you for taking the time to being this to my attention. Sorry for not considering this scenario when I made the change and I'll try to have a fix in soon.
You got it correct I play with Hivers in game all the time. I was planning to start new game as Hivers with new update v1.04a follow all instructions as file say with no avail. Can You duple check just in case? Sorry about my grammar its my 3rd lang, I would fix it my self gowever all the ships maxprice and minprice are 6 and 4 credits even in rar I did just download. I know how to do it but I don't know the right price of things I know I won't do economy any justice like that.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Hiver Swarm - V1.04b - 02/17/23
« Reply #326 on: February 17, 2023, 12:28:07 AM »

@herkul121 - released a quick update that addresses your issue.

I am still working on a request from OmegaEntertainment to add them as a faction mid-save and not need a new game to activate them. Wanted to let you know that I am still looking into it but I felt I should get this patch out ASAP to fix yet another bonehead oopsie of mine. I'm holding off on a discord release until I can bundle that in.

Paragon Bane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2023, 11:46:20 PM »

Calopteryx is a medium carrier yet requiring 58 DP to deploy?
Is this intended or error?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2023, 01:23:32 AM »

Calopteryx is a medium carrier yet requiring 58 DP to deploy?
Is this intended or error?
Hello there thank you for the notice. Nope that is a fat finger oversight on my part, it is supposed to be 38 which is just below their battle carrier as it is a cruiser sized ship. I'll give it a fix for the next update sorry about that. Guess I should look over all of them for any other oopsies. I am almost done a CJHM update which I want to bang out today but I should be done going over HIVER stats and have a hotfix no later than tomorrow.

st0mpa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 22, 2023, 05:32:42 PM »

I am loving this mod but have noticed an issue with the phase ships, and it not counting as a phase ship for the purposes of reducing your fleets sensor profile. I am running with the purchaseable ship data just incase thats causing the problem.

There is also a typo with the "Eyes" class ship where the tooltip says "The Eyes is the Hiver's only phase capital ship and is as deadly as it is distracting." The problem is that the "Eyes" is a cruiser not a capital ship.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41