Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 235977 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Hiver Swarm - V1.0 - 10/03/22
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2022, 03:10:58 PM »

Hey. No worries, I was just throwing my impressions here, I understand that balancing boss faction is tough.
I appreciate that. I can be a challenge keeping up with three faction mods and poor little ole Ore Refinery, I really need to spruce that utility mod up at some point.
No I agree with people who think ships should be recoverable, just at much lower rate. Because so far I can get quite a few after every fight, which is not much lower than with vanilla ships.
Well as far as I can tell it is a binary option. I thought that by making them explode it would make them less recoverable but that is not the case, just more damaged. I was able to make a separate ship.data for the upcoming update that the player can replace the current one with that makes them unrecoverable.
I thought campaign layer encounters between NPC fleets is solved based on fleet points, not on actual weapon stats? I imagined just making them higher FP would solve the campaign layer problems without upsetting battle layer balance? No actual experience here though. Making them cost more deployment points cost sounds good though.
To a point yes you are correct. I also had to take into account the player battles. The way I have them set now, the AI is challenged as well as the player. I did increase their deployment and supply use by 15% for the next update. In testing it seems they are easier to manage.
Makes sense in battle salvage, but right now I find a bunch in just random salvage everywhere, mining stations, ruins and such. Maybe removing bug stuff from normal loot spawns would fix this. It should be a trophy from a tough fight, not just random find.
Well same for the weapons, a binary choice. I do have several blacklists so they do not show up in places like the Prism Freeport and some other modded ways of obtaining them. I will look over the SS code and see if there is a way to exclude them from ruin and mining station salvage as well. I also will be including an optional weapon_data.csv that, if used, will make their weapons unrecoverable as battle salvage.
There was an update for previous (.91?) version, I think it was just not posted in mod index.
I was unaware of that, I'll see if discord has anything. I did take e's suggestion and looked over Nia Tahl's code and found some tags I had not seen before and with some research was able to make the aforementioned optional files.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to check out the update.
That is good to hear. I was able to spend a couple hours today banging out code. Next will be some graphic updates and that will take a couple more hours when I get the chance. So no ETA as yet but I should have time this weekend to give Hiver some focus.

Thank you for the reply, it did clarify things for me.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2022, 03:45:32 PM »

Makes sense in battle salvage, but right now I find a bunch in just random salvage everywhere, mining stations, ruins and such. Maybe removing bug stuff from normal loot spawns would fix this. It should be a trophy from a tough fight, not just random find.
Well same for the weapons, a binary choice. I do have several blacklists so they do not show up in places like the Prism Freeport and some other modded ways of obtaining them. I will look over the SS code and see if there is a way to exclude them from ruin and mining station salvage as well. I also will be including an optional weapon_data.csv that, if used, will make their weapons unrecoverable as battle salvage.
The 'restricted' tag will ensure that Hiver weapons never drop, unless you specify a drop group for them that ignores that tag (this is how Omega weapons work in the vanilla game.)

You can then make them available to the player by a number of methods (unique campaign entities that draw on a unique set of drop groups, listeners, scripted interactions) that you have more control over.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 20, 2022, 03:57:05 PM »

The 'restricted' tag will ensure that Hiver weapons never drop, unless you specify a drop group for them that ignores that tag (this is how Omega weapons work in the vanilla game.)
I added no_bp_drop, restricted, no_drop_salvage, no_dealer to the ship_data.csv tags and no_drop to weapon_data.csv and those seemed to to do the trick. I'll take your advice and add the restricted tag as well, thank you for the help.
You can then make them available to the player by a number of methods (unique campaign entities that draw on a unique set of drop groups, listeners, scripted interactions) that you have more control over.
That is where I start entering unknown territory that may as well say "here there be dragons" in my coding knowledge. I started this whole mod thing to learn Java and I guess that will be my next step in the learning process. Again, my thanks for the help.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 20, 2022, 04:06:40 PM »

That is where I start entering unknown territory that may as well say "here there be dragons" in my coding knowledge. I started this whole mod thing to learn Java and I guess that will be my next step in the learning process. Again, my thanks for the help.
It's not that painful to do campaign entities - you can do pretty much all of it just in drop_groups.csv and salvage_entity_gen_data.csv, looking at the vanilla files for things like Remnant-tagged campaign entities.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2022, 04:17:30 PM »

Excellent, that is the clarity I need to start the process. Much appreciated, thank you.

CaptainPhoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2022, 05:40:09 PM »

i like the one that looks like a mass effect reaper makes me hope we'll get a proper mass effect mod

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 20, 2022, 05:53:52 PM »

i like the one that looks like a mass effect reaper makes me hope we'll get a proper mass effect mod
That is great to hear, I saw it in Sprial Arms and was like yep that is going in the mod. I had to adjust it a bit to keep in line with EA's policies after I checked. They are super protective of their IP which is why there aren't any current mass effect mods. I checked with Kerberos Productions before I set out to make Hiver Swarm and as long as I gave them credit and it was non-profit they are ok with using their IP which is great.

I have seen people in discord talk about Hiver Swarm and mention SWOTS and other players asked what that was and essentially Kerebos got a couple sales by word of mouth. EA is just a stingy ole gump and it hurts them in the long run imo. Oh to have a Normandy top down representation to fly around in SS...

Kallith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2022, 06:26:37 PM »

Everytime I try and load this I get CTD , log below

46856 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.HIVERmodPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.HIVERmodPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/scripts/world/systems/HIVER_Rizdet.java', Line 199, Column 25: Assignment conversion not possible from type "com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI" to type "data.scripts.world.systems.JumpPointAPI"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File 'data/scripts/world/systems/HIVER_Rizdet.java', Line 199, Column 25: Assignment conversion not possible from type "com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.JumpPointAPI" to type "data.scripts.world.systems.JumpPointAPI"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:10174)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.assignmentConversion(UnitCompiler.java:9071)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:1845)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$2000(UnitCompiler.java:185)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$4.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatement(UnitCompiler.java:945)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.java:2508)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:958)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileStatements(UnitCompiler.java:1007)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2293)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:822)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:794)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:507)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:393)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$400(UnitCompiler.java:185)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:347)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:1139)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:354)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:322)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:224)
   ... 5 more

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2022, 07:16:48 PM »

Hello there, I am sorry to hear you are having issues. That line points to:

JumpPointAPI jumpPoint = Global.getFactory().createJumpPoint("rizdet_jump_point1", "Tunguska Jump-point");

I have checked it against a complier with no issues and I have not touched that code since I put it in at inception so I have no idea why it would be causing a crash for you. The mod has been downloaded hundreds of times and this is the first jump related crash I have heard about so I am a unsure what could be causing it on your end. Are you using Linux by chance, I have had a couple issues in the past. What version of Java do you run the game in and have you updated your Java recently?

On a hunch, I looked at several other mods JumpPointAPI and most are the same but both ORA and SCY use a slightly different system. I am unsure why but I will tinker around and see if I follow their method it still works on my end. I will also do some research and ask around, maybe the API has changed since I added the jump points last year. Either way I'll get back to you and If I can find a fix, I'll add it in the upcoming patch.

Sorry I do not have a definitive answer at this time but I'll do my best to help as I can.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 21, 2022, 07:52:09 PM »

@Kallith I think I know what may be causing your issue now. Back in September Yunru released an update that somehow conflicted with my mods. Silver Anthony on discord stated "I deleted every file that had Yunru in either the name or in the name of an internal file, unzipped Yunruverse and the game literally just finished loading without crashing as I'm typing this I don't know what caused the issue, but it's now fixed " so try that.

I believe it had something to do with players overwriting Yunru's mods instead of deleting and installing. I suggested that fix to a couple other players and it worked for them as well. Sorry I kind of forgot about that since it was a month ago, I just remembered as I was doing some research.

Kallith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 21, 2022, 08:18:53 PM »

only thing I have by Yunru if Slightly Better Techmining which i removed but still nogo, thanks for helping thou

**It was the Steelclad mod , just finished going thru them all checking . only been playing for a week still still checking mods out. Thanks for your help:)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 08:33:43 PM by Kallith »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 22, 2022, 02:27:19 AM »

**It was the Steelclad mod , just finished going thru them all checking . only been playing for a week still still checking mods out. Thanks for your help:)

Excellent, I am glad to hear you fixed it. And welcome to the Starsector Community.

Spacegoat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2022, 12:08:52 AM »

Hi Dazs, I have a reproducible mod interaction to report that might be between Hiver Swarm and Nexerelin's invasion system. The bug doesn't happen if Legacy Invasions are enabled in Nexerelin config.

If I'm commissioned by any faction and invade a hiver-taken planet it will instantly end the invasion saying the commissioner and Hivers make peace. This is when both factions are -100 with each other. It only affects Hiver colonies.

Conditions this happens:
- When I'm commissioned by any vanilla or mod factions
- When the invasion target is owned by Hivers
- When Nexelerin turn-based invasions are enabled

Conditions that stop the behavior:
- I leave my commission then invade
- The invasion target isn't controlled by Hivers
- Enabling LegacyInvasions=true in Nexerelin config to disable turn-based invasions

Tested in version V1.0

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2022, 04:30:03 AM »

Well that is a new one, I am stumped as to why that would be the case. Invasions are a key feature of Hiver Swarm and I'll do my best to address it and most likely reach out to Histidine for help. No ETA on that unfortunately as my free time is sort of jammed up at the moment but Hiver is on my current patching rotation.

Thank you for taking the time to format the detailed information, it is very helpful.

Fluffy_Fox_Loli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2022, 12:14:01 AM »

Lol one of the ships is literally just a Leviathan class Reaper from Mass Effect but painted green.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41