Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 242249 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.8 - 02/06/22
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2022, 07:05:46 AM »

0.8 out today - Tested with a .75 save with no apparent issues.  I was able to address most of the concerns brought up here and on discord. Essentially more exclusions, some balance changes and a Cyborg fashion show! - Changelog on the OP and in the RAR has the details

By the way, the factory sacrifice is probably Industrial.Evolution because it has those "scavenging interactions" but the author blurred them to not spoil what they actually are.

@gentulf  - I had originally thought it was an aspect of Nex but after some research I found you were correct. I was unable to address your concern but I have a question out on the Industrial Evolution forum so I am still looking into it. I'll get back to you once I know if is actually a thing that can be done.

Fuegoredux

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2022, 05:52:51 PM »

Where is the aggression and colonization? I finished a run where the Hive sat in their corner and twiddled their thumbs for 20 cycles. Before installing I dreamed of them swarming the sector and expanding like the Zerg. Sadly I am left unsatisfied. Ships and weapons are fun to run/fight against though.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2022, 06:11:01 PM »

Well the thing with colonization is that NEX picks from a pool of factions. The more faction mods installed the smaller chance any one faction has. I have them set to the highest chance to be picked but so do some other modded factions. I'll reach out to Histidine and see if there is anything else I can code in that would make them better colonizers.

As to their aggression, they are set to the maximum amount of hate and aggression toward every faction. In the games I've played they have taken over both Ludic factions (separate games) so I know they do send out aggressive invasion fleets. The problem from what I've been told is that they are so far away and have so few starting assets compared to other factions it takes them longer to expand.

I will look into it but overall I try to make them a mid game challenge that is sought out, not so much an end game one that conquers the map. But I am new to all this and will be the first to say I'm a noob. I am sure there is something I can do about it so I'll do a deep dive and see what I can do.

Omega_DarkPotato

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2022, 05:06:33 PM »

Heya! Couldn't find the exact crash logs to post, but I believe that for some reason you're looking for (the new home system name)_background.jpg instead of homehive_background.jpg for the home system of the hivers - crashed twice in the latest version trying to enter their home system before taking a look myself and renaming the background to the system name on my save.
I live for ship-to-ship combat

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2022, 05:38:49 PM »

Oh my you are correct thank you for catching it. I'm working on some tweaks for the mod but I'll just bundle what I have so far with that fix and have it up tonight.

Thank you for the report.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.85 - 02/12/22
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2022, 06:51:48 PM »

v0.85 released - 0.8 Save Compatible however most changes require a new sector generation and will only take effect on a new game - Changelog has the details

Note: I have only tested all the increased threat changes up to an early/mid game run. I wanted to get a crash hotfix regarding a naming mismatch out tonight so the increased threat release has not been fully tested during a complete game. They seemed to be more aggressive and everything should go as planned but yea you know how that goes. Please let me know if you feel I over tuned them.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2022, 11:23:30 AM »

One sea of red
It's like I'm fighting Zerg/Tyranids or something

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2022, 02:47:29 PM »

Beware the Swarm!  ;)

I received a lot of feedback that they were just sitting in their little corner of the map so I tweaked every setting I could find to make them more aggressive this patch. I released it before a full test run to get a hotfix out and umm maybe I tuned them up a little too much. I was spending most of last week updating JYD so my game is not that progressed but at about 3-4 hours in I am noticing an increase of their invasion fleets but not at crazy levels. For me they seem to be methodically focused on the systems on the side of the map they are on and not random scatter throughout the sector.

The mix is about right for how I have them set up, a couple heavies to block and a lot of destroyers/frigates to skirmish so that looks about right. If you don't mind my asking, is this screen capture from an invasion fleet or from you going into one of their sectors and how far along into the game hour wise what this taken?

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2022, 02:56:00 PM »

Beware the Swarm!  ;)

I received a lot of feedback that they were just sitting in their little corner of the map so I tweaked every setting I could find to make them more aggressive this patch. I released it before a full test run to get a hotfix out and umm maybe I tuned them up a little too much. I was spending most of last week updating JYD so my game is not that progressed but at about 3-4 hours in I am noticing an increase of their invasion fleets but not at crazy levels. For me they seem to be methodically focused on the systems on the side of the map they are on and not random scatter throughout the sector.

The mix is about right for how I have them set up, a couple heavies to block and a lot of destroyers/frigates to skirmish so that looks about right. If you don't mind my asking, is this screen capture from an invasion fleet or from you going into one of their sectors and how far along into the game hour wise what this taken?

I had increased battle size, and this is from me going into their little corner of the map about 1.5 cycles into the game. 

I let them get too close, and they penetrated my lines.  What could've been a meatgrinder turned into a partial rout on my end and I had to send in reserves just to push them back. 

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2022, 05:07:34 PM »

Ok that sounds about right then. I would not suggest going into their territory unless you have ships to loose. I tuned them to be more of a challenge than pirates and random ai but not as much as ordos fleets. I am running a game to test both mods atm so I appreciate the feedback.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2022, 10:23:54 PM »

Hi! first of all, I really like your mod. I have a question though. I started a new game with playable faction turned on, did the hiver start in nex, dropped it, allied hiver, and then invaded one planet from another faction and they turned -75. is this intended? it says I'm still in the alliance. I'm not sure if this is a nex problem or not, so asking here. Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 10:37:53 PM by memeextremist »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2022, 03:08:35 AM »

Hello there glad you like the mod. If I understand your question correctly, you followed the instructions on the main page and made them playable, started off with a Hiver commission then left the Hivers and joined another faction.

If that is the case well I am honestly not 100% sure as I never ran it through that scenario. Hivers as a faction are hard coded to be enemies to all including the player. I have an exception in for players who are actively commissioned as Hivers that they have an override that starts them with some factions as neutral to friendly and are able to gain or lose reputation based on their actions.

At a guess I would say that the issue is that when starting as a Hiver you worked for a faction that you were friendly with till the point they allowed you to join. When you left the Hiver faction and joined the other faction the game reverted to the base behavior for Hivers, you lost all goodwill toward them and they targeted you like the dirty traitor that you are. (jk) :)

Now of course if I gamed that scenario incorrectly then my analysis is probably way wrong so please let me know.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2022, 12:23:15 PM »

lol nah. I just cancelled my hiver commission, allied hiver in nexerelin, then conquered an enemy planet and they went hostile despite me still being in their alliance. it's probably a nex thing. thanks! \o

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2022, 12:25:48 PM »

Yea same idea. Once you drop your commission with them they are unforgiving and will revert to hating any non-Hiver.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2022, 04:40:28 PM »

roger that. thanks again!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41