Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 235932 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.55 oopise hotfix edition - 01/16/22
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2022, 01:36:58 AM »

Hello, two things I'd like to ask--

1. is it safe to update the mod without breaking any save file?

2. Hivers are supposed to expand and colonize right? In my playthrough they've been sitting in their corner for years now, only sending in strike missions, no colonization/invasion efforts. Probably just because I'm missing out on an update, but wanted to say it anyway incase this was actually implemented and that there's probably something wrong on my end..

edit: I'm running with Nexerelin, yes.

Yes the latest version is save game compatible. It just fixes an oppsie that I hadn't caught because it was calling for an asset in my other mod JYD and of course I had it installed but if a player didn't it would crash. The actual game patch adds assets that will appear in your save game as if they were always there. I am unsure if the planetary addition will be there because the game generates the system at game start but it shouldn't be a problem either way, worse case scenario your Hivers won't have enough organs to satisfy their gluttony.

As to your second question. They are primarily a conquering race and get their planets from taking them over and the addition of a ground support ship in the latest patch should accelerate that.   Yes I do have them set to colonize and I have seen them send out scouting fleets to find a good planet. Thing is, they are out in the edge of space and they are not friendly with the remnant so it is a challenge for them. I don't know about you but decent planets are hard to find in my games.

I'll try a test run with an "old" system as that should give them a better chance to find a colony and look under the hood to see if I missed something. For now though they are on a mission to eradicate the Lud in my games and that gives me a warm feeling inside. :)

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.55 oopise hotfix edition - 01/16/22
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2022, 04:48:19 PM »

Alright, thanks for the response. Good to know there's nothing wrong about their functions.  That said, I might sneak in a couple of survey data to help them accelerate their growth :P . I've been lowkey looking forward to clashing with them after I'd raise my own faction.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 04:50:45 PM by Minitialize »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.6 - 01/19/22
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2022, 09:35:43 AM »

v0.6 released today - save game compatible

Mostly under the hood or visual changes based on suggestions or comments here and on discord - Changelog on the op or the RAR has details

Last_Cetra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2022, 05:30:46 PM »

v0.6 released today - save game compatible

Mostly under the hood or visual changes based on suggestions or comments here and on discord - Changelog on the op or the RAR has details

heya, im getting a ship hull spec not found for JYD cute:

24178 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: d:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Hiver Swarm 0.6 (data\variants\JYD_cute_standard.variant)]
24226 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [JYD_cute] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [JYD_cute] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.oO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas? From what I read, its something to do with the ship data.csv file? im no where near an expert. :p

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2022, 05:44:30 PM »

I am so sorry about that. I tend to work on both faction mods around the same time and I accidently saved a variant file that was meant for JYD in the Hiver folder. Just go to data\variants and you'll see it at the bottom, just delete JYD_cute_standard.variant. I'll upload a fixed version but that should fix your issue w/out having to d/l.

Edit: I uploaded a fixed 0.6 no version change or added note to the changelog. To anyone else, if you have JYD installed you'll be fine but fell free to either delete the file yourself or d/l the new version.

Last_Cetra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2022, 07:00:29 PM »

Very cool, thank you!

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2022, 07:37:13 PM »

Okay to submit new hiver weapon names?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2022, 02:51:59 AM »

Oh I am always open to suggestions, some of the best parts of my mods are from players who suggested an idea. In the naming conventions of this mod I try to keep it in an insect theme but yea the weapon names aren't all that and Collaboration is great in my opinion, let's hear em!

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2022, 01:43:04 PM »

Oh I am always open to suggestions, some of the best parts of my mods are from players who suggested an idea. In the naming conventions of this mod I try to keep it in an insect theme but yea the weapon names aren't all that and Collaboration is great in my opinion, let's hear em!

kk working on it. The heavy drone is pretty good with some additional hull mods for fighter support.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2022, 02:07:32 PM »

Scorpifly is your baby glad you like it, looking forward to more suggestions!

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2022, 09:51:20 AM »

Scorpifly is your baby glad you like it, looking forward to more suggestions!

Hola!

Ill get the names/descriptions hopefully done by this afternoon, barring work related stuff:) One thing i have been thinking about though is a role switch. For a hive fleet im thinking that the Calo should assume the role of strike carrier as the Queen, which is generally the most important ship, gets a ship system like the DME Normandy. I think that ship system calls a "target" and then its fighters gets bonuses for a short duration.

Calo exchanges phase skimmer for recall with Queen to hunt down targets and positioning, Queen gets Strike Command(rename to something else like Fury of the Swarm etc) and secondary conditional system phase recall when 1st system is on cooldown.  Queen will lose mobility but gain superiority whereas the Calo will be able to range on the flanks a bit better. Dont know if this suits the vision but just what I observed using them for awhile.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:33:59 AM by grinningsphinx »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2022, 03:28:50 PM »

Very nice ideas there. I am working on an update that should be ready by tomorrow, I will incorporate what I can. Collaboration is great!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.7 - 01/26/22
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2022, 08:12:08 PM »

0.7 released today - Mostly save game compatible, see changelog on OP or RAR for details

The changelog is getting a bit long so going forward I will post the current changes on the main page without spoiler tags and the past changelogs with spoiler tags. This should reduce clutter while also making the most relevant changes easily available.

@grinningsphinx I looked over your suggestions but have not worked on them, I wanted to get the changes I have been making out tonight. I have not delved into custom ship systems on either of my faction mods so that may take a bit of deep diving.

Enjoy!

amimai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2022, 04:00:47 AM »

You have bits missing in config/settings.json

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2022, 05:19:05 AM »

You have bits missing in config/settings.json

I admit I have not updated this file since the initial release other than splitting up the original bp package and replacing it with these 5

{
   "designTypeColors":{
      "HIVER":[11,102,35,200],
    },

"graphics":{   

"blueprint_packages":{
            "hiversmall_package":"graphics/HIVER/icons/cargo/hiver_blueprint.png",
            "hivermedium_package":"graphics/HIVER/icons/cargo/hiver_blueprint.png",
            "hiverlarge_package":"graphics/HIVER/icons/cargo/hiver_blueprint.png",
            "hiverwing_package":"graphics/HIVER/icons/cargo/hiver_blueprint.png",
            "hiverweapon_package":"graphics/HIVER/icons/cargo/hiver_blueprint.png",         
        },      
       "illustrations":{
            "HIVER_diplomatic":"graphics/HIVER/illustrations/HIVER_diplomatic.jpg",
            "HIVER_hanger":"graphics/HIVER/illustrations/HIVER_hanger.jpg",         

},
            },      
}

What portions do you believe the mod is missing, I am always grateful for input to make the mod tuned and more complete.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41