Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 242538 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.4 - 01/11/22
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2022, 09:22:56 AM »

Hmm ok that is a lot to digest. I do see your point though, I did use high energy focus on many of the ships and I will go over their layouts and specialize them better. You make a good point about ground support. In my games they seem to go after the luddics with a vengeance but it takes them a bit to take over the planets so I will add a specialized troop transport at your suggestion. As to phase ships well tbh that is sort of my prejudice, I just do not like them or use them in my games. You do make a good point there that I am trying to make this a fun mod for anyone and I could maybe convert some of the current ships to phase, or maybe add a couple.

I do like the play on words with hive mines lol. I do know there are mods that have mines, I would have to do some research to make my own but I like that. By fighters are you referring to their drones: allsup, flyter, gnawler and katydid and if so what holes?

As to making unique effects and special spiriting well that may be beyond my talents. I am no artist and the visuals I use in all my mods are  from other modders who kindly posted their leftovers on spiral arms, I just recolored and or kitbashed them.

I am currently in the process of reworking their economy as suggested by MapleDaddy__ TTV so if you could flesh out your suggestions a wee but more I will work on your ideas next.

Aye, ground support maybe even advanced ground support, because this faction is basically hostile to everyone so they wont be getting any helping hands in invasions lol.  The issue with the fighters is that their heaviest fighter is an 8 point bomber, that really doesnt do its job armed with a single MIRV system:).  Some heavier fighter craft would be appreciated and maybe 2 gunship level stuff. Even with six wings of them they still struggle because the MIRV is such a small system to begin with. Maybe some work with fighter systems?

The econ rework is great!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.45 - 01/15/22
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2022, 10:54:19 AM »

Well I did look over my fighters and realized the Katydid was underpowered so I changed the weapons and increased the flux so it could maintain it's shield AND fire weapons. They really do not have a dedicated drone carrier so I could think about that. As to beefing up their fighter lineup, I do have a low tech advanced drone, practically a mini-frigate, in my other mod JYD so I could do something similar but high tech. Tell you what, I'll design one and you come up with a insect related name to call it. Deal?

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2022, 01:12:58 PM »

Well I did look over my fighters and realized the Katydid was underpowered so I changed the weapons and increased the flux so it could maintain it's shield AND fire weapons. They really do not have a dedicated drone carrier so I could think about that. As to beefing up their fighter lineup, I do have a low tech advanced drone, practically a mini-frigate, in my other mod JYD so I could do something similar but high tech. Tell you what, I'll design one and you come up with a insect related name to call it. Deal?

No problem:)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2022, 04:48:45 PM »

I had this guy laying around in my unused asset folder. I touched him up and resized it to just under a frigate. May still be a bit too big but the smaller I go the worse the rez gets. So, not the best resolution but I thing he'll do. I am thinking a mix of a Spitter and a Mirv and maybe a Twin PD but that may be too much (hidden of course) with no shield but a tough hull and armor. Thoughts?

He's an art asset from spiral arms so all credit goes to Tecris, the spriter who made the little guy. :)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2022, 06:13:22 PM »

I had this guy laying around in my unused asset folder. I touched him up and resized it to just under a frigate. May still be a bit too big but the smaller I go the worse the rez gets. So, not the best resolution but I thing he'll do. I am thinking a mix of a Spitter and a Mirv and maybe a Twin PD but that may be too much (hidden of course) with no shield but a tough hull and armor. Thoughts?

He's an art asset from spiral arms so all credit goes to Tecris, the spriter who made the little guy. :)

Scorpifly looks good. Best not to go to small, because i can barely see the gnawler etc as is lol. Possible to get biological hull as fighter systems? Not really sure how much itll help them out since fighters usually just get blasted on the opening pass, but cant hurt.  Stuff at 10-20 OP generally have 2 to 3 weapons, 1 system and usually some kinda hull mod.  Past 20 and its usually some kind of specialized thing with low fighters per wing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:26:18 PM by grinningsphinx »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2022, 06:46:46 PM »

Well I was thinking a solo flight wing. I'll go with all three weapons and stick in that 10-20 OP range you suggest depending on how buff it is. As to size, I generally struggle with that, I have redone several ships because what looked good in the editor, well no so much in game. Scorpifly is great and I now dub him as such :) 

Now on to making a drone tender. I do not have anything in that vein on deck that is Hiveresque so that may take a minute to make a new ship. I may reimagine the Calopteryx as they are both winged species of hiver. I know I get a lot of flak on discord because not all the ships are one note the same and that is on purpose because the Hivers in SOTS are a blend of races that bonded together. IDK, I have tomorrow off from work I'll come up with something I'm sure.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2022, 08:59:26 AM »

Well I was thinking a solo flight wing. I'll go with all three weapons and stick in that 10-20 OP range you suggest depending on how buff it is. As to size, I generally struggle with that, I have redone several ships because what looked good in the editor, well no so much in game. Scorpifly is great and I now dub him as such :) 

Now on to making a drone tender. I do not have anything in that vein on deck that is Hiveresque so that may take a minute to make a new ship. I may reimagine the Calopteryx as they are both winged species of hiver. I know I get a lot of flak on discord because not all the ships are one note the same and that is on purpose because the Hivers in SOTS are a blend of races that bonded together. IDK, I have tomorrow off from work I'll come up with something I'm sure.

dont worry about discord lol...lots of great people there but some are rabid. If you do remake the Calo, please make it a variant. Im using the standard one as a strike carrier with zero range drone turrets to cover PD.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2022, 11:45:44 AM »

Just as a heads up, it doesnt look like biological hull is working in the simulator. l let the ship sit for 5 mins, and it never repaired about 7025.

Edit..AH okay....so it started to work when i went below 50% of its maximum hullpoints...and then will only repair you up to half of your starting.  Might want to include that in the descrip for BH.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 11:57:56 AM by grinningsphinx »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2022, 02:16:50 PM »

Just as a heads up, it doesnt look like biological hull is working in the simulator. l let the ship sit for 5 mins, and it never repaired about 7025.

Edit..AH okay....so it started to work when i went below 50% of its maximum hullpoints...and then will only repair you up to half of your starting.  Might want to include that in the descrip for BH.

Well I never really stated how the regen worked just that it did. That 50% kick in was intended because when I originally designed it at 100% the fights took forever and the ships ran out of CR. I did increase it to 75% this version and did some quick testing. If I find that 75 is too much I may reduce it, it's a work in progress which is why it's 0.5 heh.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.5 - 01/16/22
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2022, 02:17:40 PM »

v0.5 released today - see changelog on OP or in the RAR for details

If you downloaded 0.5 before this post you will need to re-download for the hullmod changes to take effect. I essentially released it then saw grinningsphinx's comment and did a quick fix. :)

Futanagatari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »

0.5 causes a crash on startup
0.45 works fine
starsector.log
Spoiler
84406 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [JYD_srm] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [JYD_srm] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.o00O.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.oO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:21:00 PM by Futanagatari »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2022, 03:42:36 PM »

0.45 works fine
starsector.log
Spoiler
84406 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [JYD_srm] not found!
[close]

Oopsie that is on me. I accidently assigned JYD missiles to the new drone and if you did not have JYD installed, well you know. Sorry about that, juggling updates on different mods at the same time the editor loads assets from both and my eyes were beginning to cross I guess :) D/L the new hotfix and you should be good.

Anyway v0.55 released

Futanagatari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2022, 04:01:38 PM »

0.45 works fine
starsector.log
Spoiler
[close]

Oopsie that is on me. I accidently assigned JYD missiles to the new drone and if you did not have JYD installed, well you know. Sorry about that, juggling updates on different mods at the same time the editor loads assets from both and my eyes were beginning to cross I guess :) D/L the new hotfix and you should be good.

Anyway v0.55 released

dam that was fast
GG
love this mod.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.55 oopise hotfix edition - 01/16/22
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2022, 06:16:00 PM »

NP. I really appreciate when I get feedback and do my best to address concerns. I am so glad to hear you love the mod, I'm no coder and my sprite skills are worse but I got moxie! :)

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.55 oopise hotfix edition - 01/16/22
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2022, 07:25:14 PM »

Hello, two things I'd like to ask--

1. is it safe to update the mod without breaking any save file?

2. Hivers are supposed to expand and colonize right? In my playthrough they've been sitting in their corner for years now, only sending in strike missions, no colonization/invasion efforts. Probably just because I'm missing out on an update, but wanted to say it anyway incase this was actually implemented and that there's probably something wrong on my end..

edit: I'm running with Nexerelin, yes.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 07:30:18 PM by Minitialize »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41