Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 235877 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hiver Swarm - V0.2 - test and evaluation version 11/19/21
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 05:42:25 AM »

I think your file was over the limit

Btw I almost always play random sector because that allows derelict empire, but I play that with random faction weights as well which really can make some interesting sectors.  Perhaps you could at some point make a custom scenario?  If you feel like it.

A core worlds in this corner of map, hiver in that, and derelict remnant in the other would be cool.  Good for 4x challenge.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2021, 11:40:57 AM »

Perhaps you could at some point make a custom scenario?  If you feel like it. A core worlds in this corner of map, hiver in that, and derelict remnant in the other would be cool.  Good for 4x challenge.
I haven't attempted to mod the scenario part of the game as yet. I am finishing up a new release of JYD, maybe I'll tackle that next either here or there.
I think your file was over the limit
Can you explain what you mean by that?
Another thing: is Prism Freeport supposed to sell Hiver weapons? I have a screenshot of Hiver weapons on the High End Market, but I don't know how to put it here
That is news to me, I have them set to a faction specific blueprint that only The Hiver faction has access to. Idk maybe Prism reads all the faction blueprints in the players mod folder and pulls them for it's own use. Just a guess I haven't visited the free port in some time.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2021, 12:06:33 PM »

I have them set to a faction specific blueprint that only The Hiver faction has access to.
Speaking of blueprints; I found a Hiver Blueprint Package when I was salvaging a research station. Is that intended to happen

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2021, 12:24:31 PM »

Hmm maybe part of the research station code is to pull all the bp's currently in the game regardless of where they came from. Like I stated regarding the Prism Freeport issue, I flagged all their assets to be Hiver only. If that is the case with either or both, I am a little concerned because I envisioned their Hiver specific assets to be a reward earned for fighting them. But lore wise I can see the Corvus factions interested in Hiver blueprints and reverse engineering them.

I'll look over the code for both and see why they are pulling assets from the Hiver mod and get back to you.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2021, 02:11:08 PM »

The comment I was referring to was deleted.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hiver Swarm - V0.25 - test and evaluation version 11/21/21
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2021, 05:18:54 PM »

v0.25 released today - Hiver ships and weapons are backlisted for Prism Freeport and their Blueprint package has been disabled.

Ah ok, phew, I thought I had the mod squared away :)

Speaking of blueprints; I found a Hiver Blueprint Package when I was salvaging a research station. Is that intended to happen
I was able to disable the Hiver blueprint package, just make sure you do not have one in your inventory before upgrading to 0.25 or you most likely will crash. Should not be an issue if you learned it since the blueprints themselves are still active, just the package was disabled. However, the more I thought about it, I like the idea that Hoomans and AI are frantically researching Hiver technology to maintain parity so I may make mini packages in the future.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2021, 05:27:03 PM »

Posted twice, my apologies.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2021, 05:40:45 PM »

Not a problem, I truly appreciate the beta testing you and others are doing. It really points out the blind spots I have not considered and makes the mod overall better for all.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2021, 05:52:08 AM »

Game crashed when I tried to access the "Planet picker" with the mod enabled.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2021, 08:33:17 AM »

Just tried fighting the 90 dp ship in simulator and it definitely deserves that rating

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »

i was waiting a mod like this lol. Do you have any plans to make them Crisis event like in Stellaris? Like first they show up with small ships but more powerful ships appear as time goes on so they start attacking core worlds, capture systems, maybe factions also become allied with eachother to counter the hiver swarm. Even a buildable special super ship to make fighting easier with hiver swarm? (with a hullmod that increases its stats against hiver ships so it doesnt become op against everything)

Good stuff though i love it.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2021, 01:03:45 PM »

I am unsure what a "Planet picker" is that you are referring to. A bit of clarity and I'll look into it!

Just tried fighting the 90 dp ship in simulator and it definitely deserves that rating

OH yea it is a beast for sure, glad you enjoyed the fight!

i was waiting a mod like this lol. Do you have any plans to make them Crisis event like in Stellaris? Like first they show up with small ships but more powerful ships appear as time goes on so they start attacking core worlds, capture systems, maybe factions also become allied with eachother to counter the hiver swarm. Even a buildable special super ship to make fighting easier with hiver swarm? (with a hullmod that increases its stats against hiver ships so it doesnt become op against everything)

Good stuff though i love it.

Nice, always great to hear nice things so glad you are enjoying it!

Well the mechanics of such an event like in Stellaris aren't exactly in Starsector at this point. I do have them set to start off with two systems in deep space that will send out scouting fleets and eventually colonize other systems if they find a suitable one. I tailored their systems to be economic powerhouses so they have a head start over other factions colony fleets. As to an anti-hiver specific hullmod I am honestly not sure if that can be a thing but I am intrigued with the idea and will look into it once I have the next round of fixes published for JYD.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »

I am unsure what a "Planet picker" is that you are referring to. A bit of clarity and I'll look into it!
In Nexerelin, you have the option to start with your own planet and faction. When starting with your own faction, the "Planet picker" will let you add stuff in your planet, like heavy industry, military base, volatiles, rare ores, metal ores, farming terrain, population boost, etc. It also lets you pick blueprint packages, like low tech, high tech and midline blueprint packages and packages from playable factions. I think it crahsed because it couldn't find the Hiver blueprint package.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2021, 04:10:53 PM »

Ah well that is because in the last update I removed the Hiver BP package as it was dropping from research stations and tech caches. I do plan to divide it up into a few BP packs and re-enable the packages in the next update but for now it is disabled because I though it very OP to get all the Hiver blueprints in one drop.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hiver Swarm - V0.3 - test and evaluation version 12/03/21
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2021, 05:42:00 AM »

v0.3 released today - see Changelog on OP or game file for details

@Arthur_The_Ok - part of this update adds 5 new Hiver specific BP packs which should solve your issue. They are dived by ship size (small, medium, large), weapons and wings. Please let me know if that addresses your concern.

@All - This update fixes the remaining minor issues that I am aware of. I ask anyone who is using the mod for any feedback they feel would make the mod more enjoyable. I will leave the mod in the "test" version for a few days but please let me know if you have any ideas for the faction or comments on the existing assets before I release it on the main mod forums.

Enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41