Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 257637 times)

Cosmic Bananas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24
« Reply #630 on: May 27, 2024, 08:17:51 PM »

is there a reason why whenever i download this all the hivers are using vanilla portraits? only portrait mods i have, are faction mods.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24
« Reply #631 on: May 28, 2024, 01:46:24 AM »

is there a reason why whenever i download this all the hivers are using vanilla portraits? only portrait mods i have, are faction mods.
Hello there, thanks for reporting this. If you are using the standard download with none of the "optional adjustments" that should not be the case. The standard faction file that the game and Nexerelin read has 9 male and 9 female custom portraits set as the default. I cannot think of another mod that would override that other that a portrait replacer of some sort but you state you do not use portrait mods.

The only thing I can think of is if you used the option to make them a playable race but did not follow the step of "To enable the Hiver playable portraits shown below when you make a new character: Go to Hiver Swarm\data\world\factions\ - now the tricky part, you will see a file named xxplayer.faction - rename that to player.faction" But that would only effect the player portraits, the NPC ships would still use the default Hiver ones.

Please let me know if that was the case or if you use a mod that effects portraits in some way because I am sort of stumped otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]