Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hiver Swarm - V1.1.2 - 03/27/24  (Read 243134 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.35 - 12/13/21
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2021, 03:15:06 PM »

Do you plan on making a version of this compatible with random sector?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »

Great idea for the mod, i always wanted something like this. They can work as an endgame crisis or a mid level threat.

Regarding the design of the ships, i have some fixed thoughts. The ships that resemble bugs but that are not actual bugs look great. But the ship that look exactly like bugs break immersion for me.
Like i can imagine a hive making bug like ships floating space arround but like bugs actually being the size of ship and looking like beetle doesn't fit.

I am glad you like it! I tried to stay within the balance of how Hivers in sword of the stars designed their ships with the fact that my pixel art skills are subpar :) The mix of pure organic and cyborg plated hulls is in line with their lore, an evolutionary progression if you will. I also wanted to cement the idea of "the other" in players minds. However, I do think they could use some touching up and as I get better at editing, I will try to kitbash some armor on the pure organics.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2021, 06:12:49 PM »

Do you plan on making a version of this compatible with random sector?

Heya 6chad always good to hear from you. The game will only include playable factions in random sector mode so I added instructions on how to make them a playable race on the front page. To make them compatible with random sector, follow the instructions to flag them as playable, the intel and portrait instructions aren't needed unless you plan to play as them.

Enjoy!

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2022, 06:13:25 PM »

So, I've been playing on stream with this mod, and I noticed something, do they have Nex things even? they aren't attacking me, and I just invaded and took over all of Kiztac without any resistance, or them sending vengeance fleets and/or counter invasions in response to me taking these worlds.

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2022, 06:15:48 PM »

I also need to add, when I took Tototchic over, only modifying the upper end of max industries, it was over the cap of 4 for it's current value when I took it over, so you may want to look into it if it was something you overlooked.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2022, 04:33:38 AM »

So, I've been playing on stream with this mod, and I noticed something, do they have Nex things even? they aren't attacking me, and I just invaded and took over all of Kiztac without any resistance, or them sending vengeance fleets and/or counter invasions in response to me taking these worlds.
They are set to be just above hostile so you can fly around and scout. However, In my experience, once you attack one of their fleets they turn hostile and will chase you down in their sectors. I am unsure what you mean by NEX "things". As to vengeance fleets, etc: If you took over their major planets then you have effectively gutted their economy and have greatly reduced their income to afford fleets.

I also need to add, when I took Tototchic over, only modifying the upper end of max industries, it was over the cap of 4 for it's current value when I took it over, so you may want to look into it if it was something you overlooked.
As to the planet caps, yes that is an intended cheat for them to balance out that they are all the way out in Narnia and have no one to trade with due to their hostile nature. If I had not done that then I would have to add several more planets to cover all the industries and that gave them way too many fleets. I intended them to be a mid lvl threat which I felt was lacking in the game which is why they are so far away and only two systems. They needed to be tough and able to replenish their losses but still manageable.

It seems to me you have effectively overcome their threat, good job! There are bigger bads out there go get em champ!

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2022, 01:48:11 PM »

Is the long range blaster supposed to be 800 damage for 75 flux?=P

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2022, 04:32:05 PM »

Oo good catch, that should be 175. Thanks for noticing the typo, I'll change it for the next update.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.4 - 01/11/22
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »

0.4 released today. Fixed an issue mentioned above and added a new heavy cruiser, the princess. Updated the ship picture on the op to include the new ship, as a side note I see that over 30k people peeked at the previous picture :)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2022, 07:07:30 PM »

Not too much synergy between the ships, nor evidence of any kind of hive mind type ships.(Yukikaze etc) Are you planning on expanding the ship systems to match ship roles? 

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2022, 04:45:58 AM »

I always appreciate feedback but I am unsure specifically what you are asking. As to synergy, the smaller ships do synch up in their hit and run tactics which I though meshes well with their ability to repair their hulls while the heavier ships block for them. I did my best to balance the Hivers as a threat to mid level fleets but not too overpowered for end game fleets with max lvl officers and high end ships. Essentially I envisioned them to be a stepping stone between pirates and ordo fleets.

I would appreciate any clarity and input and am always looking for ways to improve all three of my mods. Thank you for taking the time and I look forward to any response.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2022, 09:49:13 AM »

Sure thing boss.

To me, theres nothing about these ships that says "this is a hive mind", its all just rather generic.  The systems they have while okay in practice, leave a lot of holes in the line up.

For instance, youre missing anything with a ground support package, nor do any ships have any fast missile racks or missile forges. Nothing has any kind of maneuverability system and i believe its lacking in phase ships.  The fighters are fairly generic with lots of holes in them as well. Perhaps ive not seen them yet, but there doesnt seem to be any other faction specific mod other then Biological Hull. High energy focus a bit overused. Perhaps borrow some of the code for the acid weaponry(with permission of course) and make some unique effects on some weapons. Maybe some energy weapons with limited tracking, thats pretty rare and enough to be unique. Combine the multi-part munitions from Arkgniesis and you could probably make curving beams!  Maybe some hive mines(heh), that instead of exploding with damage create fighter craft. Maybe take advantage of the state based ship specials that have been appearing? Dunno, just throwing ideas out there. Havent seen there home system yet, do they utilize special stations and defenses?

As a first pass its pretty cool, good adaptations on the sprites etc. Some of the ships look really cool like the Beetle and the big carrier dragonfly thing is useful. Tartiflette could probably give some insight on how to do fluttering wings etc and the Kingdom of terra has segmented ships, which would be really cool on the long worm like things.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:09:19 AM by grinningsphinx »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2022, 10:37:45 AM »

Hmm ok that is a lot to digest. I do see your point though, I did use high energy focus on many of the ships and I will go over their layouts and specialize them better. You make a good point about ground support. In my games they seem to go after the luddics with a vengeance but it takes them a bit to take over the planets so I will add a specialized troop transport at your suggestion. As to phase ships well tbh that is sort of my prejudice, I just do not like them or use them in my games. You do make a good point there that I am trying to make this a fun mod for anyone and I could maybe convert some of the current ships to phase, or maybe add a couple.

I do like the play on words with hive mines lol. I do know there are mods that have mines, I would have to do some research to make my own but I like that. By fighters are you referring to their drones: allsup, flyter, gnawler and katydid and if so what holes?

As to making unique effects and special spiriting well that may be beyond my talents. I am no artist and the visuals I use in all my mods are  from other modders who kindly posted their leftovers on spiral arms, I just recolored and or kitbashed them.

I am currently in the process of reworking their economy as suggested by MapleDaddy__ TTV so if you could flesh out your suggestions a wee but more I will work on your ideas next.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.45 - 01/15/22
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2022, 10:43:13 PM »

V0.45 out today  - See changelog either on the OP or in the RAR for details

@MapleDaddy__ TTV - Took your suggestions and reworked the economy to be less cheatery, hope it is inline with your thoughts.

@grinningsphinx - Incorporated some of your suggestions in this release, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hiver Swarm - V0.45 - 01/15/22
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2022, 05:50:37 AM »

Ah sorry I posted the update late last night, forgot to mention that some of the changes require a new game to take effect. Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41