Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Player Feedback - How well do you rate this mod?

5/5
- 72 (51.4%)
4/5
- 45 (32.1%)
3/5
- 16 (11.4%)
2/5
- 3 (2.1%)
1/5
- 4 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 140

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [0.97] Kon's Multi-Pack v.3.0.4 - Player Faction Expansion  (Read 54429 times)

Konturga

• Lieutenant
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.3.0
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2024, 09:23:26 AM »

Are 2.9.1 saves compatible with 3.0?

I did a quick test with a 2.7 save to 3.0, it looks like it worked fine. Everything in the save appears to be where it needs to be and properly updated.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

OmegaInfinita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.4
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2024, 12:45:48 PM »

Hi Kon, apologies for the late reply.
I went diving for other player.faction files and found that a certain portrait mod had kept in the unedited default illegal commodities lines in their code. Can't remember which one, but I did away with it. It works as intended now!

I'm glad that it does. I took a bit of what you said and reorganized the player faction file in the new version. It might have come a bit too late, but there's a lot more options that most people might not be aware are possible.

If you do check it, I hope you enjoy the new options.

Late to the party, had the same issue and am glad someone brought it up since my memory makes Dory from Finding Nemo look good lol
Am I to understand that you've "fixed" and/or added the ability to easily change/remove Illegal Commodities for the Player Faction, or am I going to go delving into my mod list to find every trace of it?
Regardless, thank you SO SO SO SO SO very much for your work on this amazing mod(s)- an absolute MUST-HAVE that I would recommend to any and every SS player

Konturga

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.2.4
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2024, 08:38:44 AM »

Hi Kon, apologies for the late reply.
I went diving for other player.faction files and found that a certain portrait mod had kept in the unedited default illegal commodities lines in their code. Can't remember which one, but I did away with it. It works as intended now!

I'm glad that it does. I took a bit of what you said and reorganized the player faction file in the new version. It might have come a bit too late, but there's a lot more options that most people might not be aware are possible.

If you do check it, I hope you enjoy the new options.

Late to the party, had the same issue and am glad someone brought it up since my memory makes Dory from Finding Nemo look good lol
Am I to understand that you've "fixed" and/or added the ability to easily change/remove Illegal Commodities for the Player Faction, or am I going to go delving into my mod list to find every trace of it?
Regardless, thank you SO SO SO SO SO very much for your work on this amazing mod(s)- an absolute MUST-HAVE that I would recommend to any and every SS player

I’m still looking for a way to keep the player.faction file in starsector-core from merging it back in. You could edit, rename or delete the one in starsector-core/world/factions, but if you ever deleted or renamed it and you remove this mod, starsector very likely won’t work since the only player faction file would likely come from this mod. Do at your own risk. That being said, that’s what I do so that it appears in the way I want it to.

There’s a lot of readme.txts with extra explanations and a lot of the files have descriptions if you wanted to make some pretty interesting modifications. There’s a lot of good potential here, a lot that just isn’t in the regular player faction file.

And with that out of the way, thank you for using it and I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I feel like it really does bring the life into the game, even without the ships it feels good to know that the game recognizes that you and your faction exist.
They seem so far away.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.3.0.2
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2024, 10:29:47 PM »

Good day Konturga!  :)

It seems you forgot to add Militarized Subsystems to the 13th Battlegroup kite.  :-\

And The [SUPER ALABASTER] Volatile Particle Driver Has been buffed in version 0.97a:

*Increased range to 1000 (was: 700)
*Reduced flux/shot to 100 (was: 150)

Your Blueprints mod should be edited.

I kinda wish Alex, David and co would atleast declare your 13th battlegroup mod legally canon in the lore.
And Make the Player a bit more special not just some nobody.
Your Ships really fit the setting of Vanilla Starsector.

That is all and thank you!  :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 01:12:19 AM by Gris »

Konturga

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Player Faction Bundles v.3.0.2
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2024, 10:19:28 AM »

Good day Konturga!  :)

It seems you forgot to add Militarized Subsystems to the 13th Battlegroup kite.  :-\

And The [SUPER ALABASTER] Volatile Particle Driver Has been buffed in version 0.97a:

*Increased range to 1000 (was: 700)
*Reduced flux/shot to 100 (was: 150)

Your Blueprints mod should be edited.

I kinda wish Alex, David and co would atleast declare your 13th battlegroup mod legally canon in the lore.
And Make the Player a bit more special not just some nobody.
Your Ships really fit the setting of Vanilla Starsector.

That is all and thank you!  :D

That was a really good catch.

I was a really big fan of the Volatile Particle Driver, but I could never put it on ships, it's nice that they made that change. I updated the stats of the VPD and the reality disruptor while adding the Gigacannon to the BP list as well.

The Kite should now be given the appropriate hullmods. I think there might have been one other thing, but I can't remember..

Most of the ships should fit with vanilla starsector, there are two new automated ones now that are unique creations. Hopefully they still don't shatter the immersion too much.

I can understand them not wanting to establish a player backstory, although it would be nice to have some options. Maybe it's about time for some templates to be added..
They seem so far away.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Multi-Pack v.3.0.3 - Player Faction Expansion
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2024, 07:37:02 PM »

Thanks for the Reply and the Update!  :D

It seems you forgot to add SD Kinetic Blaster on your BP list as well.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 08:03:46 PM by Gris »

Konturga

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Multi-Pack v.3.0.3 - Player Faction Expansion
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2024, 09:23:10 PM »

Thanks for the Reply and the Update!  :D

It seems you forgot to add SD Kinetic Blaster on your BP list as well.  :-\

Another good catch. Thank you. I didn't know they added a new weapon, looks like it should be around that time to find out what it's like.
They seem so far away.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97] Kon's Multi-Pack v.3.0.4 - Player Faction Expansion
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2024, 09:46:05 PM »