Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.96a] Forge Production v1.1.3  (Read 132043 times)

1U44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Forge Production v1.0.3
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 03:35:30 PM »

uh hi, I'm kind of new to the game. so I'm sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but could you explain what you need to actually use the hull mods added by this mod? It just seems really interesting and I'd like to play with it.

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2021, 07:06:54 PM »

Hmm. It was my intention to fix this when I introduced minimum CR and machinery requirement, but I certainly can imagine that you could end up with a bit of a value mismatch between various tooltips. Fundamentally this is caused by float nature of commodities' cargo units (and me using non-integer constants as input in settings) and integer nature of values that show up on cargo screen. This necessitates all results of a calculation that is conducted in floats to be casted to ints, which, you can imagine, introduces a whole lot of rounding difficulties. Long story short, there's a bit of a conflict in mod's design and currently its implemented solution can indeed produce some funky dynamic in extreme cases. At the same time, though, this solves a number of other design problems which I won't get to right now for the sake of brevity. What is important is that most of the "funky ***" is concentrated on the side of hullmod tooltips, ability tooltip is supposed to be 100% correct about real production values that happen with cargo.

Please, do provide any examples you can, maybe in your particular case an improvement is indeed in order!

Your explanation here sums it up pretty well. Explains what I was suspecting anyway. Either way, my example is this: I had a single ship forging metals. It was a rate of 30 metals for 50 ore. I had 1 ore, and it did nothing, as I expected. I grabbed 2, and it still did nothing. When I had 3, it took 2 and gave me 1 metal. When I had 4, it still took 2 and gave me 1. When I had 5, it took 4 and gave me 2. Not 100% sure why it wouldn't just take all 5 and give me 3, but oh well. The Ore refining seems to particularly enjoy leaving you with 1 ore, and the fuel crafting will always leave you with all but 1 fuel in your tanks.

Though on using this mod further, there have been times when ships with full CR, non-mothballed, and non suspended repairs would just randomly not supply a thing. In my case it was heavy machinery. I had a few ships on forging duty, a few on supplies, and 1 on heavy machinery as to never run out due to breakage, but for some reason the heavy machinery one just stopped working after producing like 10. I did have enough metals and transplutonics being produced to cover the cost of the supplies each day and more, yet it still refused.

uh hi, I'm kind of new to the game. so I'm sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but could you explain what you need to actually use the hull mods added by this mod? It just seems really interesting and I'd like to play with it.

After the mod has been installed, you need to find and learn the modspec. It can primarily be found in markets as far as I've noticed. I imagine you could find them in some derelicts around the sector though. Once you learn the modspec, make sure you enable the "forge" tag below the hullmod list.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 10:29:52 AM »

Congratulations to everyone who contributed to the creation and improvement in this mod!

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 10:24:54 PM »

thank you so much for this mod, I enjoy role-playing a lot in this game as a miner/industry type who minds his own business while everyone is killing each other

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2021, 04:35:56 AM »

Ontheheavens, good day, I really like the mod, I have been waiting for the opportunity to recycle resources on the way for a long time - it is a shame to throw away everything that has been mined or found by overwork.

But I have a small question - is it possible not to disable sustaine burn? Let it be visible on the floor of the sector where I process resources. Or maybe you need to find a special item? Traveling is still more convenient.
Either it will be visible on the floor of the sector or the production of resources at high speed will be reduced or the percentage of the ship's readiness will decrease faster.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:27:59 AM by FreonRu »

paddypancake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2021, 08:38:29 AM »

I agree with FreonRu. Personally i like to make use of everything i get (even with inefficient conversion ratios , saving cargo space can make it worth it) but i only do it as a side job to exploration or bounty hunting (supply forging doesn't really mix well with my third avenue of income, smuggling). So your mod idea sounds great and i like how you try to not needlessly introduce new systems or ressources. I  don't see myself disabling sustained burn for long periods of time just to make my inventory lighter but i'll try this out and see if production is quick enough to justify using it ocassionally.

fiinhvip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2021, 10:51:01 AM »

It seems the supply manufacture bugged out or doesn't work. It doesn't produce any supplies. I can turn on the ability with no metal or plutonic ore in my cargo and consume nothing even with both of them already in cargo.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2021, 12:55:33 AM »

"Yep, screw settling down, I'm moving all belongings to my Cyclops now."
Well, Colossi in case of Starsector.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2021, 12:57:49 AM »

I want this updated so bad now. Imperium got a great combat freighter in capital size and with civ.systems. Would work great for forge ship.

Noviastar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2021, 05:21:55 AM »

I love the idea of this mod.  I was thinking on how I could RP as a Ouster fleet.  They tend not to land on planets. 

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2021, 12:59:55 AM »

Correction on descriptions: forge facilities refit 200/400 BASE cargo space, not available cargo space rendering a portion of various bonuses void (e.g. Bulk Transport).
This also means that forges cannot be installed on an Expanded Cargo Holds Prometheus, meh.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2021, 12:36:03 AM »

Insanely impractical.

Amricon.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2021, 08:23:57 AM »

Awesome idea.An industry model within a ship could significantly extend the sustainability for fleets outside of the coresector, making long-term exploration possible(as you can get ores/volatile from planets,in Nexerelin).

insteresting that import-process-export cycle now seems to be a little bit profitable.

I'm honestly asking for this mod's localization and drainage to our community(www.fossic.org).The text will be proofreaded and tested during the whole process(including this topic), and Original author name, pages URL and authorization will be quoted when posting out.You can withdraw this localization at anytime.

Raine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2022, 05:34:50 PM »

i like this mod a lot, especially after i tweaked the config file to make it a bit more sustainable with my extended forays into the unknown

just have one minor bug to report:

Spoiler
2651982 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.forge.campaign.ForgeConditionChecker.getPlayerCargo(ForgeConditionChecker.java:38)
   at data.forge.abilities.conversion.support.ForgeConversionGeneral.getMachineryAvai lability(ForgeConversionGeneral.java:53)
   at data.forge.campaign.ForgeConditionChecker.hasMinimumMachinery(ForgeConditionChecker.java:33)
   at data.forge.hullmods.ForgeManufactureModule.addPostDescriptionSection(ForgeManufactureModule.java:80)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.ooOo.super.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.ooOo.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.ModPickerDialogV3.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

in the missions on the main menu, refitting a ship and hovering over a forge hullmod fails to create a tooltip and crashes the game (presumably because it's checking for my fleet info, which doesn't exist in missions?)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2022, 12:11:16 PM »

What exactly makes it unable to be added to ongoing games?

Edit: Also why would you ever use this to make Heavy Machinery? With default values, it seems you lose 19.2 heavy machinery on average for every 8 you make - and given you need 64 just to start, it's not even a "running low" option.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7