Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.96a] Forge Production v1.1.3  (Read 132062 times)

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Forge Production v1.0.3
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2022, 02:13:11 AM »

What exactly makes it unable to be added to ongoing games?

Edit: Also why would you ever use this to make Heavy Machinery? With default values, it seems you lose 19.2 heavy machinery on average for every 8 you make - and given you need 64 just to start, it's not even a "running low" option.

I went digging around in the settings file and it seems that of the 30% selected Heavy Machinery to breakdown only 5% of that number will suffer a critical breakdown leading to the loss of said heavy machinery. As such the real number is 1.5% leading you to lose 0.96 per day of operation rather than 19.2.

I did a small sample sized test on fuel production 10 sets of 10 days, should be 0.48 a day lost so 4.8 over 10. Managed to average out at 5.4 but once again small sample size.

Amricon.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2022, 01:14:36 AM »

I'm honestly asking for this mod's localization and drainage to our community(www.fossic.org).The text will be proofreaded and tested during the whole process(including this topic), and Original author name, pages URL and authorization will be quoted when posting out.You can withdraw this localization at anytime.

Are you still there?

Still waiting for your permission to drainage this mod to Fossic.org.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:35:21 AM by Amricon. »

vcuaoiwk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2022, 10:57:42 AM »

Are there any known mods conflicts with this mod?

I'm having the following issue:
I can find and research the blueprints (i.e. right clicking the blueprints registers that I have now learned the blueprint). I can also add the feature in my toolbar to activate forge production however I cannot add the the hullmod to any ship because the hullmod does not appear. I.e. it doesnt show up in the available hullmods - nor does it show up as unavailable or anything like that. It simply doesn't appear in the hullmod selection menu.

I am running the bootleg Vayra's sector but otherwise no other mods thats are not on the approved and updated list.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2022, 01:17:15 PM »

Are there any known mods conflicts with this mod?

I'm having the following issue:
I can find and research the blueprints (i.e. right clicking the blueprints registers that I have now learned the blueprint). I can also add the feature in my toolbar to activate forge production however I cannot add the the hullmod to any ship because the hullmod does not appear. I.e. it doesnt show up in the available hullmods - nor does it show up as unavailable or anything like that. It simply doesn't appear in the hullmod selection menu.

I am running the bootleg Vayra's sector but otherwise no other mods thats are not on the approved and updated list.
Do you have the Forge group selected? It's disabled by default as you know no hullmod from that group initialy. Also currently only cruisers and capitals are allowed for forge hullmods.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2022, 04:04:39 PM »

And let's not forget that this only works on civilian cruisers and capitals.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2022, 05:47:54 PM »

And let's not forget that this only works on civilian cruisers and capitals.
Yeah... can that be toggled?
My favourite factions best transports are military.  :P

vcuaoiwk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2022, 10:47:43 PM »

Do you have the Forge group selected? It's disabled by default as you know no hullmod from that group initialy. Also currently only cruisers and capitals are allowed for forge hullmods.

Oh my, I feel moderately stupid (and yes I even read that before I installed the mod).
Thanks! That fixed it :)

beyondfubar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2022, 09:48:31 AM »

For those that are running Archean Order (which changes the civilian hull) would changing this:

public static boolean isCivGrade(ShipAPI ship) {
        return ship.getVariant().hasHullMod(HullMods.CIVGRADE);
    }

To

public static boolean isCivGrade(ShipAPI ship) {
        return ship.getVariant().hasHullMod(HullMods.CIVGRADE || HullMod.AOCIVGRADE);
    }

or whatever AO has for that hullmod work to allow us to use this mod?

ThePoganPl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2022, 06:06:59 AM »

Hey,
I was wondering if there will be an option to disable the civilian hull requirement in order to install production modules?
While the mod is great, that one requirement makes it near useless in most of modded playthroughs as most modded utility ships doesn't have civilian hull.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2022, 08:13:45 AM »

Hey,
I was wondering if there will be an option to disable the civilian hull requirement in order to install production modules?
While the mod is great, that one requirement makes it near useless in most of modded playthroughs as most modded utility ships doesn't have civilian hull.

You can add mods by modifying the campaign file of your save.  Open it using notepad or notepad++, search for your ship, and you'll see something like this :
Spoiler
<hM z="98437">
<st>phasefield</st>
<st>cataphract</st>
<st>strikeCraft</st>
<st>armaa_strikeCraftFrig</st>
<st>phase_anchor</st>
<st>heavyarmor</st>
<st>fluxbreakers</st>
<st>solar_shielding</st>
<st>hardened_subsystems</st>
</hM>
<pM z="98438">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</pM>
<sMods z="98439">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</sMods>
<suM z="98440"></suM>
[close]

You can add more built-in mods like this :
Spoiler
<hM z="98437">
<st>phasefield</st>
<st>cataphract</st>
<st>strikeCraft</st>
<st>phase_anchor</st>
<st>heavyarmor</st>
<st>fluxbreakers</st>
<st>solar_shielding</st>
<st>forge_refinery_module</st>
<st>forge_centrifuge_module</st>
</hM>
<pM z="98438">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</pM>
<sMods z="98439">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</sMods>
<suM z="98440"></suM>
[close]

Just don't ruin your game with a bunch of super ships...

kadu522

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2022, 04:39:39 AM »

Hey,

You can add mods by modifying the campaign file of your save.  Open it using notepad or notepad++, search for your ship, and you'll see something like this :
Spoiler
<hM z="98437">
<st>phasefield</st>
<st>cataphract</st>
<st>strikeCraft</st>
<st>phase_anchor</st>
<st>heavyarmor</st>
<st>fluxbreakers</st>
<st>solar_shielding</st>
</hM>
<pM z="98438">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</pM>
<sMods z="98439">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</sMods>
<suM z="98440"></suM>
[close]

You can add more built-in mods like this :
Spoiler
<hM z="98437">
<st>phasefield</st>
<st>cataphract</st>
<st>strikeCraft</st>
<st>phase_anchor</st>
<st>heavyarmor</st>
<st>fluxbreakers</st>
<st>solar_shielding</st>
</hM>
<pM z="98438">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</pM>
<sMods z="98439">
<st>heavyarmor</st>
</sMods>
<suM z="98440"></suM>
[close]

Just don't ruin your game with a bunch of super ships...

While this is one solution on the user's end. i think there is a more elegant solution on the mods side.

Most faction mods already tag their logictical v.s warships with the Freighter,Tanker and Civilian tags on their ship_hull.csv so insted of detecting if a ship has the civilian-spec hullmod as some mods don't add them due to lore reasons or just becuse they forgot or for balanceing.

Insted detect if a ship has the relevent civilian tags or lacks tags for warships. (That way anything produciable that the game reconises as a non-warship will be valid for forge modules) and i don't think this would break balance either. as you usualy don't have more then 3 copy's of each type of cargo/tanker/crew on your fleet (EXPECIALY with the cargo transport skill).

this would make it so you have more oportunity's to consider these hullmods while considering sacrificeing other hullmods you would usualy add. as the production balance is already pretty good, expecialy with nex mineing allowing you to be self suficient with enough mineing capacity.
A Gameplay lover

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2022, 01:12:37 PM »

Mousing over Forge Production hullmod causes crash.  Indeed, any of the production hullmod from this mod will cause crash once the detailed UI for the mod shows up.
Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.forge.campaign.ForgeConditionChecker.getPlayerCargo(ForgeConditionChecker.java:38)
at data.forge.abilities.conversion.support.ForgeConversionGeneral.getMachineryAvailability(ForgeConversionGeneral.java:53)
at data.forge.campaign.ForgeConditionChecker.hasMinimumMachinery(ForgeConditionChecker.java:33)
at data.forge.hullmods.ForgeCentrifugeModule.addPostDescriptionSection(ForgeCentrifugeModule.java:80)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.super.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.whilesuper$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.whilesuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.ModPickerDialogV3.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 01:15:27 PM by Donahue »

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2022, 03:51:25 AM »

Updated to 1.0.4.
Changelog:

1. Fixed NullPointerException in mission refit screens where mousing over forge hullmods caused crash.

2. Civilian grade check now allows Archean Order Civilian-grade hullmod.

3. Added a setting to disable civilian-grade requirement.

4. Corrected hullmod descriptions with regards to "available" carge space requirement,
   while in code it was base cargo space stat derived from ShipHullSpecAPI.

(Changing code to check for modified cargo space is unfeasible due to the nature of refit screen,
   which clones ship instances, therefore leading to hard-to-fix wonky behaviour.)

5. Added a setting to disable cargo space requirement.

(Adding a setting for disabling hullsize requirement requires extensive rewrite, not something I'm willing to do.)

6. Enabled Fuel Centrifuge installation on Prometheus-class hulls.

7. Moved campaign burn abilities incompatibility from tags to code and added a setting to disable it.
   Move slowly restriction and sensor profile penalty settings are split and toggled off separately.

8. Added status lines in ability tooltip that tell whether conversion is working or halted due to insufficient inputs.

Important: I do NOT guarantee that your save will be compatible with this update or that there will be no crashes. It is working fine on my end, but no promises.

While this is one solution on the user's end. i think there is a more elegant solution on the mods side.

Most faction mods already tag their logictical v.s warships with the Freighter,Tanker and Civilian tags on their ship_hull.csv so insted of detecting if a ship has the civilian-spec hullmod as some mods don't add them due to lore reasons or just becuse they forgot or for balanceing.

Insted detect if a ship has the relevent civilian tags or lacks tags for warships. (That way anything produciable that the game reconises as a non-warship will be valid for forge modules) and i don't think this would break balance either. as you usualy don't have more then 3 copy's of each type of cargo/tanker/crew on your fleet (EXPECIALY with the cargo transport skill).

this would make it so you have more oportunity's to consider these hullmods while considering sacrificeing other hullmods you would usualy add. as the production balance is already pretty good, expecialy with nex mineing allowing you to be self suficient with enough mineing capacity.

The idea sounds good, but mods are not really that consistent in applying their tags. Settings for disabling requirements are implemented, should be enough.

I'm honestly asking for this mod's localization and drainage to our community(www.fossic.org).The text will be proofreaded and tested during the whole process(including this topic), and Original author name, pages URL and authorization will be quoted when posting out.You can withdraw this localization at anytime.

Are you still there?

Still waiting for your permission to drainage this mod to Fossic.org.

Sure, you are free to do whatever you please with this content.  I take no responsibility for any issues.

kadu522

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Forge Production v1.0.4
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2022, 12:01:17 PM »

Understandable that some mods its not allways consistant with tag aplication, but the option to remove the civ-hullmod requirement definaly solves my problem!

also i don't think you need to make these mods aplicable in destroyer's and frigates. as they have low enough overhead as it is that you are generaly fine just buying what you need. (Plus logisctial minded ships tend to be on the cheeper end anyway)

A Gameplay lover

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Forge Production v1.0.5
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2022, 09:21:08 AM »

Updated to 1.0.5.
Changelog:

1. Production report now shows upon ability deactivation if something was actually produced but notification interval did not elapse yet.
   This fixes an oversight when production variables carried over to the next ability use
   and you could get a 3 days production report right after activating an ability.

2. Fixed ability tooltip's production status line introduced in 1.0.4 that was incorrectly showing low inputs status despite inputs being present.

3. Fixed ability shown as active when machinery percent falls below minimum, now immediately toggles off when no active forge ships or insufficient machinery.

4. Added contrail shift for forge ships when ability is active.

5. Added new ability sound effects kitbashed from vanilla files and free sources.

6. Added variable settings for hullmod installation requirements like cargo, crew and supply maintenance increase.

7. Changed production timing to a more sophisticated implementation, now production logic ticks exactly at the start of a new day.
   If ability is toggled early in the day, day is productive, if toggled late production starts from the next day.

8. Added different floating tips and cargo sounds depending on which type of goods were forged if there's no multiple.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7