Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95a] StarWars mod by AbeOfArabia v0.2.2  (Read 11871 times)

AbeOfArabia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a] StarWars mod by AbeOfArabia v0.2.2
« on: November 13, 2021, 05:25:22 PM »

Star Wars by AbeOfArabia v0.2.2

This mod is currently a ship pack. No factions yet. The ships spawn for all factions based on tech level. Edits coming soon!

ALL IMAGES: SPOILERS!
Spoiler

[close]

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGwpfz3995QYBN6mJoxUh6tc6D9qB0j_/view?usp=sharing
https://www.nexusmods.com/starsector/mods/64/

Please post your balancing notes, and enjoy blowing up the rebel scum (or joining them!)

Honourable mention: BigBeans for X-wing, A-wing, Y-wing & TIE-Fighter sprites, bananoOfDoom for heavy dual turbo laser, Unit9461 for phase ship system on fighters with shields.

UPDATE LOG:
Spoiler
CHANGELOG StarWars AbeOfArabia version 0.2.2 (2021/11/24)
proton torpedos now fire in pairs for fighters, damage is down to 250 each, cooldown on all proton torpedos up to 5s
changed proton torpedo visual projectile settings
fixed GR75 ion cannon barrel not rendering
corrected missing burn values for YT freighter series and other newer ships
MLT100 cargo and fuel increased from 20/20 to 30/30
ST70 & Preying Mantis cargo/fuel increased from 20/20 to 40/40

CHANGELOG StarWars AbeOfArabia version 0.2.1 (2021/11/23)
added a fighter version of missile weapons which dont render loaded missiles so they remain hidden on fighters
Executor now has more than 1HP! (some stats were previously missing)

CHANGELOG StarWars AbeOfArabia version 0.2.0 (2021/11/23)
added almost 40 ships including YT-series
fixed no damage blaster weapons

CHANGELOG StarWars AbeOfArabia version 0.1.2 (2021/11/17)
all laser sounds dropped to 50%, audio pitch random deviation increased
ammended weapon offset values for all weapons
ammended weapon layer order for all weapons
GR75 ion cannon refit now shoots instantly and has a long cooldown instead of the otherway around for the benefit of the AI
weapons now have spread/shot and spread decay/sec values
all laser weapon projectile sizes increased
Rebel Alliance fighters now use custom mod created proton torpedos and concussion grenades
fixed weapon groups in all fighters
some of the fighters can now fire weapons without worrying about flux, hence the flux pool is strictly for defense only
Implemented a ship system identical to phase mechanic to make tie-fighters and similar fighter craft more 'evasive'. (thanks to Unit9461)
added droid trifighter (sprite by Unit9461)
corellian hammerhead now correctly only has 1 medium mount, 3 built in point defense mounts to limit its offense and 5 small mounts.
all interdictor mounts changed to small as originally intended
arquitens only correctly has 1 medium mount now
arquitens & interdictor 'light cruisers' down to 5500 flux from 7000
removed militarised systems as a default hull mod for imperial ships, minimum crew increased to compensate (and removed unneccesary hullmod spam)
adjusted (increased) deployment and supplies/month stats for imperial ships
Victory 1 'star destroyer' heavy cruiser down 2 medium missile slots to a total of 4 medium missile, 4 medium hybrid.
Victory 2 'star destroyer' slight adjustment to sprite to reflect large weapon hard mounts on wings, also down 2 small weapon mounts.
Gladiator, Kontos and Vigil now classed as destroyer class, with kontos focusing more on cargo space and logistics & Gladiator being a very light carrier
Mon Cal ships have had their mounts drastically reduced:
MC30C from 2/5/8 down to 1/2/8
MC75 from 0/4/14 down to 0/4/7
MC80A from 0/4/13 down to 0/4/10
MC80 Liberty from 6/7/10 down to 0/5/8
[close]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 04:01:18 PM by AbeOfArabia »

AbeOfArabia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: StarWars mod by AbeOfArabia
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 05:47:26 PM »

reserved comment

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] StarWars mod by AbeOfArabia
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 05:55:52 PM »

This looks great!

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 06:42:36 PM »

Is this a faction mod or is it a ship pack, and if so, can it be added to a current campaign, and where do the ships spawn?

I will let you know how it goes.

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 09:47:06 PM »

Balancing notes!

-Ships look awesome

-All the laser guns are too loud compared to the other weapons in the game by about 40% or so in my opinion.

-Light repeater reloads too slow.  It takes 240 seconds to recharge 30 shots, making 2.25 dps on a point defense weapon

-the turbo lasers are all also very loud, drowns out the whole battle.

-I'm sure you already knew this but all the weapons have nothing in the spread/shot or spread decay/sec columns, meaning they have perfect accuracy despite having spread values.

-GR75 combat refit is a hilarious concept good job

-The AI typically won't actually fire the gr75 ion cannon variant because it takes so long to charge.  I would suggest switching it to fire quick then have a huge cooldown time so the ai knows what to do with it.

-Gladiator is supposed to be a light cruiser not a small frigate, so it triggers the nerd in me.

-dreadnaught looks funky

-Hammerhead class corvette is super op because for some reason it has 7 medium slots and 8 maintenance. 

-Interdictor is overpowered for similar reasons, but also has insane flux stats.  I would change the maintenance from 6 to 18, increase the ordnance points to 100 or 110 to make it more flexible to build on,  and decrease the flux stats to 450 or so to make it a light cruiser so the medium slots make sense and are usable.

-The isd's are cool but need to have higher maintenance and deployment cost as well.  The ISD1 is a 6 fighter slot ship with onslaught levels of firepower flux and durability.  50-60 maintenance and dp easily if you want it in line with vanilla and other mods.

-The victory mk 1 and 2 are both cool designs but the weapon arcs of the missiles make them incredibly op as well.  maybe take a missile slot away from each side possibly?  Idk but looking at it i have nightmares of 6 hammer pods launching at my face from a medium cruiser that also has good flux stats.

-the Kontos class needs to be a heavy frigate with its loadout and its flux dropped.  4maintence and dp is too small.

-lancer frigate is cool

-same problem with the lucrehulk as the isd1, it's just really overtuned for its loadout of fighters, large slots and ordnance points. 

-the mc30c has two large slots on a destroyer hull.  That's a demon not a destroyer.

-the mc80 liberty is... how do i say this...  has 5 large slots and 3 fighter slots on a cruiser hull.  up the maintanance to at least 40 because holy crap.

-i like where the munificent is at

I don't really have time for anything else.  Love the mod, but many of the ships have their deployment costs way too low.  Honestly 10 minutes in the excel sheet would fix that issue.

AbeOfArabia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 01:21:35 AM »

Bro you aren't Legion, you are Legend. Thank you for the notes; soonest i can edit them in is in a couple of days!

AbeOfArabia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 08:45:02 PM »

Updated; changelog details below
Spoiler
CHANGELOG StarWars AbeOfArabia version 0.1.2 (2021/11/17)

all laser sounds dropped to 50%, audio pitch random deviation increased
ammended weapon offset values for all weapons
ammended weapon layer order for all weapons
GR75 ion cannon refit now shoots instantly and has a long cooldown instead of the otherway around for the benefit of the AI
weapons now have spread/shot and spread decay/sec values
all laser weapon projectile sizes increased
Rebel Alliance fighters now use custom mod created proton torpedos and concussion grenades
fixed weapon groups in all fighters
some of the fighters can now fire weapons without worrying about flux, hence the flux pool is strictly for defense only
Implemented a ship system identical to phase mechanic to make tie-fighters and similar fighter craft more 'evasive'. (thanks to Unit9461)
added droid trifighter (sprite by Unit9461)
corellian hammerhead now correctly only has 1 medium mount, 3 built in point defense mounts to limit its offense and 5 small mounts.
all interdictor mounts changed to small as originally intended
arquitens only correctly has 1 medium mount now
arquitens & interdictor 'light cruisers' down to 5500 flux from 7000
removed militarised systems as a default hull mod for imperial ships, minimum crew increased to compensate (and removed unneccesary hullmod spam)
adjusted (increased) deployment and supplies/month stats for imperial ships
Victory 1 'star destroyer' heavy cruiser down 2 medium missile slots to a total of 4 medium missile, 4 medium hybrid.
Victory 2 'star destroyer' slight adjustment to sprite to reflect large weapon hard mounts on wings, also down 2 small weapon mounts.
Gladiator, Kontos and Vigil now classed as destroyer class, with kontos focusing more on cargo space and logistics & Gladiator being a very light carrier
Mon Cal ships have had their mounts drastically reduced:
MC30C from 2/5/8 down to 1/2/8
MC75 from 0/4/14 down to 0/4/7
MC80A from 0/4/13 down to 0/4/10
MC80 Liberty from 6/7/10 down to 0/5/8
[close]

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 03:48:00 PM »

I'll look at it tomorrow night! 

AbeOfArabia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 04:04:48 PM »

Mod updated with almost 40 new ships

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 09:07:57 AM »

Really enjoying this creation.  Well done.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

AbeOfArabia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 04:06:43 PM »

Really enjoying this creation.  Well done.

Thanks for the positive feedback. more updates posted. YT1300 and others now have corrected burn speed

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] StarWars mod by AbeOfArabia v0.2.2
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 08:05:48 AM »

when you are "done" could you leave 2 seporate downloads for it. one for the factions version and one left as just a ship pack?
i personally like having very few factions with many ship options.
thanks in advance.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 08:36:19 AM »

Ok so I dont have time to do it now but I have some concerns on balancing I'd like to share.  I'd have to boot up ss to make sure everything is correct and it's Thanksgiving so I get to go eat and that takes precedence.

well i broke the save i was going to use for reference.  in general the proton torpedoes on fighters are really strong.  in particular there is a fighter worth 28 or so op that absolutely destroys anything no matter what it is.  imperial advanced something or other?  i mean two wings vs any capital just annihilates the capital ship, breaks shields and armor like they arent there.  while fun, a bit too powerful for a fighter to have.

it was the tie advancedd but it appears you nerfed them already

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:10:47 PM by 6chad.noirlee9 »
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 07:56:18 AM »

Really should lower the range on the fighters torpedoes they tend to carry on far too long.  Thanks again for the wonderful content.

Validus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2021, 09:24:00 PM »

This is my first time making a post, just to say. This is amazing! Haven't tried it in-game yet but I'm excited too! :D
Pages: [1] 2