Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Civilization style wonders  (Read 436 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Civilization style wonders
« on: November 13, 2021, 11:57:21 AM »

The idea for this is closely related to my commerce rework, but I decided to make a separate topic for it.

My commerce rework idea involved making commerce a one-of-a-kind industry, and I was thinking why not have more unique industries. The civilization games have structures called wonders that have very powerful effects that can only be built once (some only once per faction, and others only once in the entire world). I figure that concept could be adapted for this game as well. It could make the core worlds feel a bit more unique and make colonization more interesting as you try to work out the best places for certain unique industries that you might unlock via exploration or quests. Stuff like the planetary shield already feel like they would be good candidates for that.

Lore-wise, I feel like the lack of understanding of domain-tech would result in this happening, i.e. some structure that can't be replicated because it's no longer understood.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization style wonders
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 03:34:49 PM »

THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

I wasn't always a Judge...

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 04:30:25 PM »

Some of the core worlds have these buildings.  Sindria's Lion Guard or Nomios organ factory.

The only one we get is the Cyrorevival lab if our colony is within ten units of a sleeper.

How about a structure that can harvest from a hypershunt without a tap item if we build it on a colony in the same system as a hypershunt?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 03:51:31 AM »

theres a mod that adds these actually!
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then