Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 247976 times)

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1005 on: January 07, 2022, 10:05:46 AM »

I think it would be cool if destroying domain satelite

I think it'd be cool to just stuff the entire thing in your cargo hold. I mean it's not a space station with habitation for a dozen crew, it's an unmanned satellite.

Failing that, just tug it along like any ol' mothballed ship. It may need some extra love to survive the rigors of hyperspace, but it's not like they're a trade commodity anyway. Just be sure to scratch off the registration numbers first.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 10:10:23 AM by bobucles »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 09, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »

Conquests seem weirdly unwilling to broadside lately.
Expdrone cores seem to have Energy Weapon Mastery weirdly often for a faction without any energy weapons at all.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 09, 2022, 05:27:44 PM »

I'm hoping that a new release will be out..... sometime within this year.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

BobExplains

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 09, 2022, 07:12:58 PM »

I just purchased StarSector this month and looked up some videos on how to get started and was really excited by SpiffingBrit's cheesy exploit using Transverse Jump to farm the tutorial system.

I went and made my first character and played through the tutorial only to be heartbroken that it's been patched out! Now I'll have to play the game properly and make money slowly in order to found a colony. How could you do this to me?  :'(

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 09, 2022, 08:10:03 PM »

I'm truly, deeply (not) sorry :)

(The reason it was patched out was not to close that specific loophole, but because taking advantage of it broke the game long-term - missions would permanently stop showing up, etc.)

Corelious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 13, 2022, 04:46:31 PM »

Is it just me or is this version way more unstable with mods?  Constant bugs and low FPS.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 13, 2022, 05:39:09 PM »

That wouldn't have anything to do with the new version - perhaps aside from mods possibly needing some time to catch up with a new release and make sure everything is updated? But, yeah, other than that, nothing's really changed there.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 14, 2022, 09:51:51 PM »

Is it just me or is this version way more unstable with mods?  Constant bugs and low FPS.

Have you checked again, that Starsector is using the right graphics card, and not an internal one?
I'm sure I've changed it in the past, but when I first started GraphicsLib with the new version, fps got down to 30 already in the Main Menu. Reassigning the graphcis card fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:56:52 PM by Mortrag »

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 16, 2022, 10:42:32 AM »

Have you checked again, that Starsector is using the right graphics card, and not an internal one?
I'm sure I've changed it in the past, but when I first started GraphicsLib with the new version, fps got down to 30 already in the Main Menu. Reassigning the graphcis card fixed it.

May I ask how can I check that and reassign the graphics card?
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 17, 2022, 05:17:20 AM »

May I ask how can I check that and reassign the graphics card?

I can only tell you that for Nvidia-Cards:
- right-click on "NVIDIA settings" (it's the green-black icon when you click the arrow in the bottom right in Windows 10)
- pick "NVIDIA control panel"
- on the left side choose "Manage 3D Settings"
- swap in the middle to "Program Settings"
- click "Add"
- if you just played Starsector there should be top of the list a program named "Java (TM) Platform SE binary" that you can add
Now if you look at the prefered graphics processor for that one, there should be the Nvidia graphicscard. But if your system has an internal one, probably the internal has been picked. So simply change that and save it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 05:36:14 AM by Mortrag »

Stormking

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 21, 2022, 08:37:18 AM »

What I learned from sinking yet another coupld dozen hours into this now is that I really really hope we get a way to command our fleet to attack individual sections of large stations next time. That's what made me stop playing this time. Though I did want to keep going with the story.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 21, 2022, 11:05:28 AM »

What I learned from sinking yet another coupld dozen hours into this now is that I really really hope we get a way to command our fleet to attack individual sections of large stations next time. That's what made me stop playing this time. Though I did want to keep going with the story.

Per module targeting orders would be very nice! Or a 'don't shoot at parts that don't take damage/don't fire back' would be nice as well.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 21, 2022, 12:25:20 PM »

Or a 'don't shoot at parts that don't take damage/don't fire back' would be nice as well.

(Those are never targeted, btw - well, not ones that can't take damage, anyway. Any time those are hit it's because it's trying to shoot something else.)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 21, 2022, 12:35:16 PM »

It would be nice for AI to be better at realising something is obstructing it, then.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 21, 2022, 12:46:07 PM »

Or a 'don't shoot at parts that don't take damage/don't fire back' would be nice as well.

(Those are never targeted, btw - well, not ones that can't take damage, anyway. Any time those are hit it's because it's trying to shoot something else.)

Thats good to know! Does the AI target structural spars and their like? It seems that whenever I'm fighting mid tech stations that they draw a lot (the majority) of fire, but that could be confirmation bias of the AI just shooting at the main modules and missing.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72