Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 248915 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #795 on: December 18, 2021, 09:15:53 AM »

Just out of curiosity, which mod is that interface from?

Stellar Networks, admin and officer search. See my signature for link.

Edit: And now I see someone was faster than me. The sorry for useless post.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:18:45 AM by Jaghaimo »

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 18, 2021, 03:02:23 PM »

The Phase ship sensor profile reduction applies inconsistently; sometimes it's on, and sometimes it's off. It still works if you have your transponder on, when it does work.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 18, 2021, 03:26:30 PM »

The Phase ship sensor profile reduction applies inconsistently; sometimes it's on, and sometimes it's off. It still works if you have your transponder on, when it does work.

Thank you! This came up a little while ago (in bug reports, I think) and should be fixed for the next hotfix.

... though, actually, I have not seen it "work" with the transponder on, and still not seeing that, so that part's a bit odd.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 18, 2021, 04:02:45 PM »

I just noticed the Phase bonus can stick even with the Transponder on.

Start with the Transponder off with Phase ships in your fleet, then hit something like "i" to get the Phase bonus to apply, escape back to the campaign map.  Now just turn on your Transponder and the Phase bonus will stick with the transponder on until you next go into the Character/Fleet/Refit or inventory screen.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 18, 2021, 05:00:33 PM »

Just checked, and looks like that case is fixed, too - the phase ships bonus will be unapplied as soon as the game is unpaused.

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 19, 2021, 01:33:03 AM »

Did you take a look the cones that happen in hyperstorms and in slipstreams? They look backwards
Cabbage

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 19, 2021, 01:51:52 AM »

Yeah, I did the support + derelict Mora spam. It's "good", but not at all satisfying to play. Pure cheese strat.

Just as a quick note, after playing with the numbers a bit: the fleetwide carrier skills probably need to be made officers-only like Wolfpack Tactics (instead of the current officer-bonus) to limit the power of DP-reduced officerless carrier spam, because it's still very worthwhile to take carrier skills even when significantly exceeding the skills' fighter bay softcap. This compounds how easy it is to achieve fighter critical mass with DP reduction skills.

Alternately: some minor fighter-impacting side effects could be added to existing d-mods, since it's very easy to stack a lot of non-fighter affecting d-mods on carriers for Derelict Operations.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 19, 2021, 02:22:09 AM »

@DaShiv

No matter how many bays total you have, you get up to 4 bays worth of replenishment (50% of 8 bays, 25% of 16 bays, etc). Cap isn't meant to make more fighters useless, only not more useful, a goal it already achieves.

Plus, the 2nd fighter skill, Fighter Uplink, has negative scaling and actually does become less useful as you go above the cap.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 19, 2021, 03:23:55 AM »

2^13-1 is 8191 story points for one colony.

And, out of curiosity, did you bother to determine the mean minimum time (ie, MTTH assuming best min/maxing XP gain) it would take to achieve this milestone?  I only ask in a half-joking manner, not entirely clear how XP scaling works once a player gets to 15, since newest patch just listed assorted "fixes" to SP generation after player gets to 15... anyone check the new code yet?
I wasn't always a Judge...

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 19, 2021, 03:24:26 AM »

Just as a quick note, after playing with the numbers a bit: the fleetwide carrier skills probably need to be made officers-only like Wolfpack Tactics (instead of the current officer-bonus) to limit the power of DP-reduced officerless carrier spam, because it's still very worthwhile to take carrier skills even when significantly exceeding the skills' fighter bay softcap. This compounds how easy it is to achieve fighter critical mass with DP reduction skills.

Alternately: some minor fighter-impacting side effects could be added to existing d-mods, since it's very easy to stack a lot of non-fighter affecting d-mods on carriers for Derelict Operations.
I didn't even pick the carrier skills. You don't need them when you have 72 63 wings. For reference, old drover spam was 40 (up to 60 if you account for the system).

Adding more and worse carrier D-mods (and missile D-mods) will somewhat diminish the cheese potential, but I really don't believe 50% dp discount will ever be balanced. Derelict Ops needs another full rework.  :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 03:29:26 AM by Amoebka »

THEASD

• Ensign
  • *Confused Cat Noise*
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 19, 2021, 03:30:35 AM »

may be bug report.
use CombatEntityAPI spawnProjectile(ShipAPI ship, WeaponAPI weapon, String weaponId, Vector2f point, float angle, Vector2f shipVelocity) to spawn a non-missile proj with null "weapon" parm passed will cause a Exception, concerning something about "getMoveSpeed", is this a feature or a bug?
Also known as AnyIDElse.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 19, 2021, 03:45:53 AM »

I only ask in a half-joking manner, not entirely clear how XP scaling works once a player gets to 15, since newest patch just listed assorted "fixes" to SP generation after player gets to 15... anyone check the new code yet?
I think it is a flat 1,000,000 XP per Story Point after reaching level 15 (progress bar counts up 1/4's as before and then just resets back to the start every 4 story points, or 4,000,000 XP).  This is just from observing the experience bar in my own game, so I haven't looked at the code.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 19, 2021, 08:12:07 AM »

Random play experience with Hull Restoration and Field Repairs in early late-game:

Tackled a 200k bounty.  Enemy fleet and mine had Conquest flagship and a variety of ships - nearly a mirror fight (I had Radiant without a core, they had better officers).  I won the fight but lost six ships in battle.  BUT... I recovered all six of my ships without any d-mods plus an enemy Gryphon with a single d-mod.  With Field Repairs, my seven recovered ships had 30+% CR and hull immediately, almost ready to fight again.

I need to revise my opinion on Field Repairs.  While I miss Bulk Transport buffing capacities and civilian's burn speed (which is handy when recovering slow poke freighters), Field Repairs setting CR and hull nearly out of the yellow is very handy for saving supplies and getting them ready to fight again soon.

I might need to haul extra crew for the casualties taken (or get more Damage Control for my officers).

Hull Restoration is great for easing the frustration of casualties when I want to maintain a pristine fleet.  Without Hull Restoration, I would have reloaded the game after losing six ships.  The bounty pay would not have covered the cost of replacing or restoring ships.  Hull Restoration makes casualties much more bearable to tolerate.

And speaking of Gryphon, Ballistic Rangefinder plus ITU and multiple efficient 4 OP autocannons with 800 range let it plink at targets at near medium range before spamming missiles a seemingly viable tactic in the simulator.  I need to try it as an AI ship again.  My experience in previous releases was it rushed to the frontline and get squashed first.  It would be nice if it ends up being a light Champion with more missiles and less guns.

P.S.  I might need to abandon the plan with Hull Restoration, Automated Ships, and Neural Link.  Two skill points left for Combat is not enough to make piloting Radiant flagship more than a miserable experience.  If I want to pilot Radiant, I need to give up tier 3 Industry and Hull Restoration for more Combat skills, which I do not want to do.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 09:28:47 AM by Megas »

dacian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 19, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »

In this hotfix 2, RC5 version, I killed a Pirate base (in Duzahk) pillaging (-1 stability) my system (Penelope's), then immediately went to a system a bit N from Westernesse. When I reached that system ... lo and behold, a new Pirate base starts pillaging my bases (-2 stability now) I don't think more than 10 days passed ...
So, this bug is not fixed yet?!?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 19, 2021, 10:38:28 AM »

Did you take a look the cones that happen in hyperstorms and in slipstreams? They look backwards

Ah - that's an intended change to have it be the same for all the conceptually-similar sources of "thing pushing the player fleet somewhere" - coronas, pulsar beams, slipstreams, and hyperstorm strikes.

may be bug report.
use CombatEntityAPI spawnProjectile(ShipAPI ship, WeaponAPI weapon, String weaponId, Vector2f point, float angle, Vector2f shipVelocity) to spawn a non-missile proj with null "weapon" parm passed will cause a Exception, concerning something about "getMoveSpeed", is this a feature or a bug?

This one's a bug and is fixed for the next hotfix!

... plus an enemy Gryphon with a single d-mod.

Just FYI, the Gryphon recovery isn't due to that - rather, there's a change where a couple of the recoverable enemy ships are likely to not get very many d-mods.

I need to revise my opinion on Field Repairs.  While I miss Bulk Transport buffing capacities and civilian's burn speed (which is handy when recovering slow poke freighters), Field Repairs setting CR and hull nearly out of the yellow is very handy for saving supplies and getting them ready to fight again soon.

*thumbs up*

In this hotfix 2, RC5 version, I killed a Pirate base (in Duzahk) pillaging (-1 stability) my system (Penelope's), then immediately went to a system a bit N from Westernesse. When I reached that system ... lo and behold, a new Pirate base starts pillaging my bases (-2 stability now) I don't think more than 10 days passed ...
So, this bug is not fixed yet?!?

Hmm. I suspect the bug is indeed fixed - that is, a new base isn't immediately spawning - but what happened is you got targeted by another, already existing base. And taking *that* one out should take care of it (well, unless there are more bases yet, and you get unlucky with their target selection again). If you wouldn't mind emailing me your save, though, I'd love to take a look and make sure this is actually the case! fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72