Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 250626 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #735 on: December 16, 2021, 08:52:26 PM »

Some good news!

https://twitter.com/amosolov/status/1471619176724897792
Hopefully hotfix tomorrow  :D
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

lili

• Ensign
  • a fat guy from the sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 16, 2021, 09:52:23 PM »

Hello! Alex
Thanks for the cool updates! ;D

I found i can retain radiant and the other automated ships CR with no officer
So i can keep at least 7 Radiant-class in about 29% CR (by Support Doctrine
Before the battles, i can install alpha cores temporary. And i will deploy 7 radiant with alpha core officers in about 29% cr because cr lose 1.5%/days
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 03:07:15 AM by lili »

Aramoro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 16, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »

And i will deploy 7 radiant with alpha core officers

Damm, i want to see that.

can u share some screens?

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 16, 2021, 11:29:35 PM »

A bit more feedback after 17 hours in:

1. I do get why people find Slipstreams annoying, but as Alex stated, just passing them with moving slowly isn't an option (thank god).
It rather seems, that their planned layout ist the problem:
With them running around the core worlds, you often encounter them blocking your path, when you want to travel to the rim or back to the core. For example, I encounted it two times that, while traveling from the core to the south, there were two slipstreams running parallel from east to west (or the other way). Don't think that's ideal.
(On the other hand, if I want to travel from east to west within the core worlds, I stay within the core and don't encounter them at all.)
So adding a bit more variety here, with more slipstreams running inwards and outwards, and maybe even some funnies like spirals, would be an improvement.

2. The reason I'm now making a short break while waiting for the Nexerelin-update is not because of the added 4X-mechanics, but because of another thing mentioned here: The limited number of starting options.
I'm still learning the ships, but right now there are only four different of them to start with in the small start. On the other hand, choosing the quick start or playing the campaign tutorial gives me too many ships with which I don't know and don't understand what to do with.
So adding a random start option with 1 or 2 ships or maybe a faction-start, where you can choose a faction and then get one of their ships, those would be my hopes for the future.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 11:47:09 PM by Mortrag »

lili

• Ensign
  • a fat guy from the sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 17, 2021, 02:56:18 AM »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 17, 2021, 03:40:49 AM »

So adding a random start option with 1 or 2 ships or maybe a faction-start, where you can choose a faction and then get one of their ships, those would be my hopes for the future.

The last vanilla start option is a random start.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 17, 2021, 03:46:36 AM »

I picked that one actually when the update dropped and got a Drover, Mule, and a Condor, along with 2 logistic ships. That starting fleet caused me more troubles than help so I had to get rid of some and get actual combat frigates.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #742 on: December 17, 2021, 03:49:11 AM »

Alex, how do you feel about making some existing skills have secondary colony effects?
Like Bulk Transport would increase accessibility, Field Repairs Salvaging reduces resource demand (something something recycling), Tactical Drills increases ground defense...

(This is kinda a suggestion for the game, but also I was thinking of doing this in Nex as a way to buff the named NPC admins, and was wondering if there's a reason I shouldn't)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 17, 2021, 04:34:47 AM »

Is Neural Link any good aside from piloting exotic Automated Ships?

I played with it a little bit, and while having a second ship with commander skills can be nice, it is hurt that I need to spend more OP for a hullmod on a ship that is generally OP-hungry (if the ship does not already have at least two s-mods).  Generally, I need the OP used taken by Neural Link for something else more important.

It is like the old Automated Repair Unit hullmod during 0.6 releases when it did that and Efficiency Overhaul (it did not exist then), but it also increased Logistics cost of the ship.  Back then, it was better to get two ships than one weakened ship.

In Neural Link's case.  I am giving up combat power on my flagship to give my combat skills to a second weaker ship because it needs Neural Link too!

Can you launch proximity charges with burn drive? That sounds fun.
Yes, but it's 1 bomb per second, so you won't be getting a lot of benefit. Yeeting a proximity charge at a million miles per second with a Shrike feels fun, though.
It is only half the rate of Annihilator Pod.  On the ships with multiple medium mounts, they can be used as bigger Annihilators with a fatter hitbox.  It is easier to hit things with charges than with annihilators.

If all I want is maximum damage against an enemy capital and do not want missiles blocked by their missiles, or I cannot spare OP for several +2 OP weapons, then Annihilators are probably better.  If I want something more general-purpose and can afford it, Proximity Charges can be more useful.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 17, 2021, 04:44:52 AM »

Alex, how do you feel about making some existing skills have secondary colony effects?
Like Bulk Transport would increase accessibility, Field Repairs Salvaging reduces resource demand (something something recycling), Tactical Drills increases ground defense...

(This is kinda a suggestion for the game, but also I was thinking of doing this in Nex as a way to buff the named NPC admins, and was wondering if there's a reason I shouldn't)
I already suggested this to him multiple times and every time at was a no.
Still, maybe you might convince him......

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 17, 2021, 05:16:17 AM »

Without Civilian Hull, Warfarer can easily get Expanded Cargo Holds (without needing Military Subsystems) and get just short of 200 cargo capacity in a frigate.
30% of 150 is 45, and since 45 is greater than 30, Warfarer gets 195 cargo, not 180 as I expected, since most frigates do not have that much cargo to trigger the 30% cargo part.

On the other hand, Warfarer not being a civilian hurts late when player does not want his combat fleet get bigger and dilute skill bonuses.  But early in the game when fleets are small, this is great.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 17, 2021, 05:57:10 AM »

Do ships with S-Mods have higher FP in autoresolve?

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 17, 2021, 07:52:12 AM »

...choosing the quick start ... gives me too many ships with which I don't know and don't understand what to do with.

@SafariJohn you understand now what I mean?

Edit: To be fair, fast start and random start are different options, but as the explanation to random start says: "A randomized collection of ships, ... roughly in the same category (as fast start)." So still, too many ships at once.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 08:04:05 AM by Mortrag »

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 17, 2021, 08:19:01 AM »

Out of curiosity does windows defender still flag the game?

Aramoro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 17, 2021, 08:30:40 AM »

cool

Got the neural switch(?) on all of them?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 72