Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 250875 times)

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #705 on: December 14, 2021, 06:51:58 AM »

i find passing through slipstreams when not aligned with my destination rather annoying, since autopilot handles it wierd, and i got to use eburn. Even if it doesnt make much sense, could "moving slow" allow you to pass through? Mostly QoL perspective

First I thought the same thing, but now with 10 hours in the new update, it looks a bit different:
A "you have to slow down"-obstacle already exists with the hyperstorms. Changing the slipstreams that way, would make hyperspace-travel a bit more boring again.
In it's current state it surely is a more difficult obstacle, but because of that it gives you a different and interesting challenge, with several ways to tackle it:
1. Using eburn, as you mentioned it.
2. Using an S-turn to get a bit of it's speedboost and passing it.
3. Checking for a system in it's way, because there are breaks in the slipstream and you can pass it without any problem.

That is an annoyance, not a challenge. Pressing eburn is not a challenge.
Cabbage

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 14, 2021, 11:20:36 AM »

Unfortunately this isn't the case as I only have one colony with an orbital works.

Thank you for the save! Should be fixed up.

Actually, it looks like custom production code is in the api. Here is the relevant code for 0.95.1a:
Spoiler
Code

float quality = 0f;
for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) {
if (!market.isPlayerOwned()) continue;
quality = market.getStats().getDynamic().getMod(Stats.PRODUCTION_QUALITY_MOD).computeEffective(0f);
quality += market.getStats().getDynamic().getMod(Stats.FLEET_QUALITY_MOD).computeEffective(0f);
}
quality -= Global.getSector().getFaction(Factions.PLAYER).getDoctrine().getShipQualityContribution();
quality += 4f * Global.getSettings().getFloat("doctrineFleetQualityPerPoint");

And here is the ship quality code from 0.95a-RC15:

Code
float quality = 0f;
for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) {
if (!market.isPlayerOwned()) continue;
quality = Math.max(quality, ShipQuality.getShipQuality(market, Factions.PLAYER));
}
quality -= Global.getSector().getFaction(Factions.PLAYER).getDoctrine().getShipQualityContribution();
quality += 4f * Global.getSettings().getFloat("doctrineFleetQualityPerPoint");
[close]
So whereas 0.95a was taking the maximum ship quality out of all player-owned markets, if I'm reading this correctly, 0.95.1a is just using the ship quality info of whatever happens to be the last player-owned market in the market list. Makes sense then, since my last colony is a throwaway tech-mining colony, but it doesn't seem like this was intended.

Yeah... this code has some real "I was halfway through changing it and had to step away and then forgot" energy to it.

I just noticed ill-advised modifications can be removed now, is this a bug? How long have you been able to do this? If it stays this way, I'll absolutely use some LP ships now!

I think it's been a thing ever since the "Restore" button has worked :)

I'm having a lot of fun with the new phase ship.  The last update, phase ships were so fragile, you could only sneak attack.  The new penalties make it much more of a brawl, and I like it like that.  My Shade hardly ever comes back in without its armor completely shredded.

Phase Anchor is near broken.  It's kind of like SO for phase ships.  I can use the cooldown reduction to push ridiculous amounts of damage with a basic set of weapons.  Just try a Harbinger with two phase lances and an ion pulser.  It hasn't lost any power after the quantum disrupter nerf.

I mean, have you seen how fast phase anchor adds charges to an ion pulser?  That's going to be absolutely broken once I get [REDACTED]

*thumbs up* (Going to keep an eye on Phase Anchor, of course, but just vis a vis phase ships being more fun!)

i find passing through slipstreams when not aligned with my destination rather annoying, since autopilot handles it wierd, and i got to use eburn. Even if it doesnt make much sense, could "moving slow" allow you to pass through? Mostly QoL perspective

Hmm - I feel like moving slow would probably be more annoying than an e-burn. That said, though, I'm ok with them being a minor obstacle sometimes, and I'd rather keep them different than undermine their feel with "move slow" avoiding their effect. But it also wouldn't work anyway! "Move slow" has a specific behavior inside the slipstream, acting as a brake.

But in the opposite, the mods use new feature of the dependency mod won't warn the player if the dependency mod is old...

Hmm, they should though? Just checked; if you have a version mismatch between the required mod and the actual mod it'll warn the user.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 14, 2021, 11:33:12 AM »

*thumbs up* (Going to keep an eye on Phase Anchor, of course, but just vis a vis phase ships being more fun!)
All I can tell you at the moment is that it doesn't let Doom solo doritos...
...because you can no longer distract kite them with your superior speed and without mines distracting their shields, it's too hard to EMP them, which is the only thing that stops them from killing you too fast.

q-rau

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 14, 2021, 02:31:49 PM »

Did those [EXTRA-REDACTED] hunting you down if you see a hypershunt get removed? Or was that never part of base game? I thought I was screwed because literally the first non-core system I entered had a hypershunt but they never showed to to stomp on my rickety fleet.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 14, 2021, 02:37:04 PM »

Never part of the base game is the correct answer there.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 14, 2021, 03:03:52 PM »

I have not the words to express my surprise and joy at having found the new Price of Persia quest! This came right out of the blue with no warning or even mention in the patch notes, but it's got to be one of the most interesting and titillating parts of the update. I loved it, and I really look forward to seeing this turned into a larger quest line some day. :) I'll not say any more on it as not to spoil anyone, but what I will do is present a perfect looping GIF I found during some footage I recorded. If you haven't already finished the Price of Persia quest, I suggest keeping this spoiler'd for your own surprise.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:10:12 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 14, 2021, 03:06:25 PM »

Aw, the gif link seems to be not working - perhaps a permissions issue?

And, glad you got to experience it unspoiled :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 14, 2021, 03:10:56 PM »

New link! Should work now - and it really is pretty. Beautiful backdrop - and to think us crazies on the Discord thought the background was for a planet killer.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 14, 2021, 03:15:37 PM »

Nice! Watching the speculation, as much as I saw of it anyway, was fun :)

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 14, 2021, 08:30:21 PM »

Anyone else finding that arms dealers are still kind of meh; I've only gotten 5 in my playthrough so far and they've all offered rather subpar purchases. And by the time I was able to find one that actually contained a Medusa - I had already found and bought a medusa from the black market rendering the arms dealer purposeless.

Maybe a solution should be that arms dealers should be like any other type of contacts that you can develop and hold on to. This way, there's a more consistent way of accessing high-end gear without having to search the whole inner core for it.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 14, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »

Apologies for badgering you Alex, but when is RC6 coming? I'd like to buy an Apogee as well as use the new Cybernetic Augmentation.

Anyone else finding that arms dealers are still kind of meh; I've only gotten 5 in my playthrough so far and they've all offered rather subpar purchases. And by the time I was able to find one that actually contained a Medusa - I had already found and bought a medusa from the black market rendering the arms dealer purposeless.

Maybe a solution should be that arms dealers should be like any other type of contacts that you can develop and hold on to. This way, there's a more consistent way of accessing high-end gear without having to search the whole inner core for it.
Agreed. Still haven't found one which makes Hypervelocity Drivers.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 14, 2021, 09:03:46 PM »

Apologies for badgering you Alex, but when is RC6 coming? I'd like to buy an Apogee as well as use the new Cybernetic Augmentation.

Agreed. Still haven't found one which makes Hypervelocity Drivers.

I've largely I was able to get 3 high-end arms dealers with about 6 months in-game apart, with a few duds in between.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #717 on: December 14, 2021, 09:14:27 PM »

When you do the thing that
Spoiler
makes the gate explode
[close]
the jump points restabilize after about a cycle. But I'm not seeing where the "system cut off from hyper" tag is removed. Is it?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 14, 2021, 09:24:19 PM »

... let me make a note to check, there's a solid chance it's not - thank you!

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 14, 2021, 10:38:28 PM »

I got lucky and got the Illegal arms merchant @ 200% markup with up to 1,000,000 credit worth of production when I happened to have cash (I swear they pop up more often when you are broke!), so bought 3 Apogee's.  On another note Apogee's seem super rare; I don't think I've ever seen one on the market or elsewhere (so it was very fortuitous that the illegal arms merchant happened to be selling production slots and providing the blueprints as I still haven't ever seen any yet).

I do like the idea of having an illegal arms contact (though I haven't been using contacts at all in this play through), though it may end up making your own Heavy Industries a little redundant as 200% markup is still better than not being in possession of a desired blueprint.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 72