Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 248886 times)

Madao

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #615 on: December 11, 2021, 05:34:43 AM »

Hot damn I've busy for a couple of weeks so haven't checked the website and BAM, update! I'm riding the hype train haven't even checked the notes yet.. Thank you for your hard work Alex  :)

snicka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 11, 2021, 06:09:42 AM »

Maybe obvious, but PSA:

Unless I'm a ***, with neural link and ai ships skills, without using cores, you can have two high cr radiants benefiting from your combat skills. TWO. RADIANTS.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 11, 2021, 06:23:38 AM »

The new spooky stuff and slipstreams does a lot to make hyperspace feel more mysterious and alive, I love it.

And the Manticore and Vanguard turned out really great ;D

MoonBootsForHire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 11, 2021, 08:09:28 AM »

I think maybe my post on page 41 about the audio issues should be moved to the bug reporting sub-forums, if someone could do that or show me how I can, if I can, thank you.

Sorry, I should have put it in the right place, my mistake!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 11, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »

Custom weapon production is offering standard bomb bays -- is this intended?

It's not! Thank you, fixed this up.

Huh. Some of the newly adjusted d-mods reduce maximum combat readiness. The tutorial restores ships to 70% CR when you bring the hulks back regardless.

Noted! Not going to mess with this right now, but yeah, it should probably account for that.

It seems the new DAMPER_FIELD type of AI can not use any type of statsScript

Thank you - this should be fixed up for the hotfix.

Was short on fuel and used distress signal(have fleet - 1 destroyer+tanker and like 6 frigates). The hegemony patrol offered 3(three) fuel. Could thank them with 20k credits. Not amused.

Hmm, nothing changed there, so I suspect you probably had barely enough fuel to get back - iirc how much you get offered depends on how much fuel you need (considering what you already have) to get back to the nearest core world.

Well, about modding...
can dependencies mods have a setting like >=1.0.0, not completely equals 1.0.0

I don't think that'd make sense, since that'd be saying that no future version of the dependency could possibly break this mod, and that's not something the mod can guarantee. (Regardless, not something I'd want to touch for a hotfix...)

Enjoying the new update a lot except for a few things. The new skills and a lot of the new features are good but I get this weird sound glitch when in battle where if too many ships are all firing at once or you use the ammo loader ability to increase rapid fire, the sound kind of strobes and glitches out. It's like really rapid stuttering.

I also have the devmode options on jumping in and out of systems but that's not a massive issue.

The only thing I'm not enjoying is the weird sound glitch.

Thanks so much for the new features! Slipstreams are interesting  8)

https://mega.nz/file/Qbw3QKiL#gSkrS7pNJKVvxNNVTsyU5bF8_PstXaZRgjlplaP83Lw

Here is a vid showing the issue. I have no mods installed, this is a continuation of a save from previous version. It happens in all battles, I'll have to rollback to previous version to continue my save, but I love the new skills.  :'(

Oh, how strange! Let me roll back to the previous version of OpenAL; there's no huge reason to be using the newer one anyway, and if it can cause problems like that...

Sorry, I should have put it in the right place, my mistake!

(No worries, it's pretty common for bug reports to show up here after a release!)

The new spooky stuff and slipstreams does a lot to make hyperspace feel more mysterious and alive, I love it.

And the Manticore and Vanguard turned out really great ;D

Happy on all counts! :D

Thank you for your suggestion abount Canister Flak a while back, it's such a neat name and system concept.

4. I seem to have an odd issue, in that 2 of my 9 officers can still choose the old skills (such as Ranged Specialization).

Ah! I suspect officers that were ready to level up at the time of save conversion would be affected by this, since they already had their potential skill selections "locked in".

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 11, 2021, 11:42:44 AM »

Ah, the different version of OpenAL must explain why the spatiality of the audio this version was a lot more distinct compared to 0.95a, not necessarily for better or worse. I might miss it if it goes!

EDIT : Also, the mission ship editors offer Standard Bomb Bays for ship outfitting, too!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 11, 2021, 12:07:04 PM »

Ah, the different version of OpenAL must explain why the spatiality of the audio this version was a lot more distinct compared to 0.95a, not necessarily for better or worse. I might miss it if it goes!
Oh so this is why I frequently hear guns spewing only on one ear when I move my camera even a little. Can't speak for others obviously but I really don't dig it, this ain't no first person shooter lol.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Dread Pirate Robots

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 11, 2021, 12:14:38 PM »

A lot of people have pointed out the new ships are good - and I agree - but I want to say the burn drive change is incredible. I've been playing around in a Dominator and it feels like a monster now. It's always been one of my favourite ships, but before, you'd constantly end up in annoying situations where something wounded would have its flux up and start running, but you couldn't safely chase it (or if you started chasing it'd move to the side and you'd fly past), but now you can often punish stuff that's running away from you. It's overall a much more satisfying ship to fly.

It's also good that despite being pretty mobile now, it's less precise and mostly useful offensively (and in fact usually requires you to compromise your defense at least a bit) so it feels way different to use than hightech mobility.

I suspect the Enforcer and Onslaught will feel much better too.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 11, 2021, 12:53:31 PM »

I suspect the Enforcer and Onslaught will feel much better too.
IMHO, I feel Onslaught was buffed

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 11, 2021, 01:03:40 PM »

Hotfix is up! Full list of changes in the OP.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 11, 2021, 01:24:34 PM »

Hotfix is up! Full list of changes in the OP.
Such a fast hotfix! Thank you from all of us who have sensitive ears!  ;D

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 11, 2021, 01:28:21 PM »

Oh noes the HSA+AO combo. Can't have *** in detroit hightech. (That combo was pretty silly on some ships, understandable).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 01:30:10 PM by Phearlock »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 11, 2021, 01:32:15 PM »

Oh noes the HSA+AO combo. Can't have *** in hightech. (That combo was pretty silly on some ships, understandable).

(I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking - either I just somehow forgot that AO existed, or just goofed. But thinking about it now, that combo just seems like a real bad idea - it goes right against the new HSA's design which is "match the normal hard flux range that's likely to be available on that ship". And with AO that goes right out the window.)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 11, 2021, 03:26:31 PM »

Oh noes the HSA+AO combo. Can't have *** in hightech. (That combo was pretty silly on some ships, understandable).

(I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking - either I just somehow forgot that AO existed, or just goofed. But thinking about it now, that combo just seems like a real bad idea - it goes right against the new HSA's design which is "match the normal hard flux range that's likely to be available on that ship". And with AO that goes right out the window.)
That combo would have been one I would have tried out as soon as I got all of the components, especially with Phase Lances.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 11, 2021, 04:24:32 PM »

Many thanks for the new release, was not expecting it so suddenly!

I've only just begun my game so I'm still in the tutorial, but I noticed the changes in the video feed.  My initial impression was confusion as to why "F" was toggling on and off the view feed instead of cycling between ships, only to remember that I forgot about the changes to the video feed in the patch notes. It seems I need to go into the command map, select the ship and then press "Q" to get a video feed.  It doesn't seem too bad, but it is a bit slower to switch between ships since you seem to need to go back into the command map then select the ship, rather then just pressing "F" as before (maybe there is another way I'm not aware of that will cycle the feed without jumping back to the command map?).

Would you perhaps consider allowing "F" to work as before but only while "Q" is pressed, ie "Q"(HELD)+"F" will switch between the ships in the video feed without having to exit back to the command map (for reverse cycling maybe something like "Q"(HELD)+"SHIFT"+"F"?).

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here a little since I've only just started and these changes were necessary for that new neural link skill that I'll probably be some time from testing (perhaps I'll see later that what I'm suggesting won't work with that?).
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 72