Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 250355 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2021, 07:22:01 PM »

Hmm, I'm not sure how that'd have anything to do with it, the inflater doesn't know or care about whether the fleet is "docking" - it's just another assignment.
Could be the wings and average smod, I'm not entirely sure. It's fine for the time being.

I notice this after 0.95.1 changes..

when before in 0.95 it would just report only admin and only combat skills in their proper category....

I do notice there is a tooltip for this now. I'll go try that out for the time being.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2021, 07:33:50 PM »

This doesn't look like anything from vanilla, right? I think further discussion of that should really go in the modding forum.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 10, 2021, 08:23:49 PM »

Ah - off the top of my head, I don't think that one (when you're talking to a Knight of Ludd) has a "raid" option.
Oh, maybe you shouldn't get the dialogue with Sebastian where you ask if you can keep the money if you get the researcher back anyway then.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 10, 2021, 08:28:40 PM »

I am so proud of this community

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #604 on: December 10, 2021, 08:51:29 PM »

So I haven't actually played the new version yet, but I happened to notice Actions.java and
Spoiler
Is this an actual fencing minigame??
[close]

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 10, 2021, 08:52:14 PM »

I need a before and after of all the new weapon and ships artwork. Anyone got some pics? :D

Also woot, that is one xmas present we get to open early!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2021, 08:58:25 PM »

Oh, maybe you shouldn't get the dialogue with Sebastian where you ask if you can keep the money if you get the researcher back anyway then.

Hmm, you can still get the researcher without paying via the story option, so I think it checks out.

Spoiler
Is this an actual fencing minigame??
[close]

Spoiler
:-X
[close]

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 10, 2021, 10:17:22 PM »

Custom weapon production is offering standard bomb bays -- is this intended?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 10, 2021, 10:20:17 PM »

Huh. Some of the newly adjusted d-mods reduce maximum combat readiness. The tutorial restores ships to 70% CR when you bring the hulks back regardless.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

A-111164

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 10, 2021, 10:21:17 PM »

It seems the new DAMPER_FIELD type of AI can not use any type of statsScript
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 12:24:47 AM by A-111164 »

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 10, 2021, 10:53:24 PM »

Hmm a couple of things I'll note, going through this at a first pass:

1. Damage control says the damage over 500 is reduced "by 60%" rather than "to 60%". Means over half of that amount is taken out. So previous if we expected that a 1300-damage cryoblaster shot would've done 980 damage, it now actually does 820 instead. Will have to update my damage graph but it's a decently large nerf; we'll see if it ends up being too big as people play around with it.

2. The skill system basically changed from a bunch of "choose A or B" decisions, to "choose the best X out of Y possible" decisions. So it basically gives the player more flexibility (like the ship OP system where you choose whichever hullmods/weapons you want out of a limited pool) without being overly constraining. For me, an example of a hard decision previously was coordinated maneuvers or wolfpack tactics: either my fleet gets the equivalent of Unstable Injector (without the OP cost nor weapon range penalty), or my frigates do extra damage. Realistically since the bulk of the damage was done by non-frigates, usually frigates got the shaft. Now I can get both if I want to, so frigates give me a two-fer (since they give extra speed to other ships as well), which is nice.

3. The new skill system sets up an interesting decision, in that now there are 3 possible ways to get +15% CR (though the cap stays at 100%): a ship's own Combat Endurance, fleet-wide Crew Training, or fleet-wide Hull Restoration. This means that the player can potentially use his own skill points to essentially "buy" Combat Endurance for the ship, assuming the ship doesn't need the other bonuses from the skill (such as the extra PPT), so that the ship can choose another skill instead. It'll be interesting to see how many players choose this option for essentially an extra skill on that ship.

4. I seem to have an odd issue, in that 2 of my 9 officers can still choose the old skills (such as Ranged Specialization). I'll admit though it may be because I'm editing the save file directly from a 0.95a RC15 game and may simply have changed it incompletely. I was manually editing the officers from level 6 back to level 1 to level them up again in 0.95.1a RC3. The data is:

Officer 1:
Code
<c z="59788" id="p_27b3ca" pid="aggressive" spr="graphics/portraits/portrait_d1.png" rnk="spaceLieutenant" pst="officer" wTCRC="0" cW="1.0" fid="player" a="true" im="MEDIUM">
(stuff)
<stats z="59792" x2="0" xp="9999000" bx="0" db="0" l="1" pt="0" sp="0"> (xp used to be 168000, l used to be 6)
<s>{"target_analysis":1}</s> (used to be a full set of 6 skills)

Officer 2:
Code
<c z="59917" id="p_765563" pid="aggressive" spr="graphics/portraits/portrait_d2.png" rnk="spaceLieutenant" pst="officer" wTCRC="0" cW="1.0" fid="player" a="true" im="MEDIUM">
(stuff)
<stats z="59921" x2="0" xp="9999000" bx="2038500" db="0" l="1" pt="0" sp="0"> (xp used to be 168000, l used to be 6)

The above two could still take ranged specialization. The below officer (where the changes should've been identical) could take ballistic mastery properly.

Officer 3:
Code
<c z="60049" id="p_191165" pid="aggressive" spr="graphics/portraits/portrait_d3.png" rnk="spaceLieutenant" pst="officer" wTCRC="0" cW="1.0" fid="player" a="true" im="MEDIUM">
(stuff)
<stats z="60053" x2="0" xp="9999000" bx="2038500" db="0" l="1" pt="0" sp="0"> (xp used to be 168000, l used to be 6)

It's not a particularly urgent issue, since I can just copy-paste the officer data from Officer 3 to the other 2. But in case other people report that they can still take the old skills with their officers, this might provide some information on that.

MoonBootsForHire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 10, 2021, 11:32:23 PM »

Enjoying the new update a lot except for a few things. The new skills and a lot of the new features are good but I get this weird sound glitch when in battle where if too many ships are all firing at once or you use the ammo loader ability to increase rapid fire, the sound kind of strobes and glitches out. It's like really rapid stuttering.

I also have the devmode options on jumping in and out of systems but that's not a massive issue.

The only thing I'm not enjoying is the weird sound glitch.

Thanks so much for the new features! Slipstreams are interesting  8)

https://mega.nz/file/Qbw3QKiL#gSkrS7pNJKVvxNNVTsyU5bF8_PstXaZRgjlplaP83Lw

Here is a vid showing the issue. I have no mods installed, this is a continuation of a save from previous version. It happens in all battles, I'll have to rollback to previous version to continue my save, but I love the new skills.  :'(

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 11, 2021, 12:01:08 AM »

Huh, never seen that before...

...Had a scavenger fleet go hostile (okay, normal so far)... just outside the Aztlan system. Then follow me in through the Tlalocan jump point and engage Coatl Station.

I thought that sort of thing was only supposed to happen in remote areas? Oh well, I'll take my free slightly-used Venture. (I've got Bulk Transport, so it's burn 9. Without that I'd've scrapped the thing.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 11, 2021, 12:26:36 AM »

Dev mode is on on default.
Was short on fuel and used distress signal(have fleet - 1 destroyer+tanker and like 6 frigates). The hegemony patrol offered 3(three) fuel. Could thank them with 20k credits. Not amused.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 11, 2021, 05:19:16 AM »

Well, about modding...
can dependencies mods have a setting like >=1.0.0, not completely equals 1.0.0
My mods

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 72