Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 248940 times)

Okawal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2021, 04:15:20 PM »

Well the new Pilums seem interesting ... wonder if they will be able to hit frigates (with ECCM).

That are the kind of weapon changes i realy like: unique (and hopefull usefull) weapons.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2021, 04:17:58 PM »

oooohhhhhh, new sprites!

and changes that all seem fine, though polarised armour looks like it's gonna make already tanky ships (mora and venture mainly) downright impossible to kill and it's a shame you cant stack it with shield shunt :'(

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2021, 04:30:49 PM »

Can we know which ships plz?

That's more of a question for David! I think the Apogee and... I'm not sure.

Well the new Pilums seem interesting ... wonder if they will be able to hit frigates (with ECCM).

That are the kind of weapon changes i realy like: unique (and hopefull usefull) weapons.

*thumbs up*

They might be able to hit frigates; probably not super reliably but even so.

and changes that all seem fine, though polarised armour looks like it's gonna make already tanky ships (mora and venture mainly) downright impossible to kill and it's a shame you cant stack it with shield shunt :'(

You can combine it with shield shunt - the skill treats shieldless ships as having 50% hard flux; this is mentioned in the skill tooltip.

And, for the change from 50% to 100% armor strength, keep in mind that it'd basically never get the full 100% since that'd require the ship to be at 100% hard flux. Even if you're forced to bring down shields, chances are there's still a bunch of soft flux from weapons fire, so you're really going to be seeing a fraction of the bonus most of the time.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2021, 04:46:39 PM »

You can combine it with shield shunt - the skill treats shieldless ships as having 50% hard flux; this is mentioned in the skill tooltip.

And, for the change from 50% to 100% armor strength, keep in mind that it'd basically never get the full 100% since that'd require the ship to be at 100% hard flux. Even if you're forced to bring down shields, chances are there's still a bunch of soft flux from weapons fire, so you're really going to be seeing a fraction of the bonus most of the time.

Is the 25% armor off the base armor value or the modified armor value?  :-[

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2021, 04:53:15 PM »

Base armor. Percentage bonuses always always apply to the base value, before flat modifiers (which apply next) and multipliers (which apply last, and also include percentage *penalties*).

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2021, 05:19:12 PM »

Oh nice! Loving the new patch notes!
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 03, 2021, 05:26:28 PM »

Uhhhhh let'see.

Valkyrie, Vigilance, Buffalo, Mule, Hermes, Wolf, Shrike, Revenant, and some weapon slots on others (Falcon, Eagle, Apogee).

Some weapons got touch-ups too; Autopulse, HIL, ... etc? And added a new Pilum stage, of course.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 03, 2021, 05:32:25 PM »

• Sabot SRM: reduced EMP damage to 200 (was: 400)
  • Hurricane MIRV: reduced number of submunitions to 9 (was: 11)
  • Squall MRLS: increased ammo to 160 (was: 100)
  • Swarmer SRM: increased ammo to 80 (was: 60)
All of these appear to be better balanced, guess I have less of a reason to just jam sabots onto whatever I can't think of something better for!
Sabot (Single):
  • Changed to (Double)
  • Ammo increased to 2, with a 10 second reload delay
  • OP cost increased to 2
Interesting tradeoff, maybe I will still jam smaller sabots on instead.
  • Pilum LRM:
    • Range reduced to 4000 (was: 10000)
    • Damaged changed to 500 fragmentation plus 500 EMP (was: 500 HE)
    • Added a second stage that's faster (Harpoon-level speed) and triggers on approach
    • Increased hitpoints to 150 (was: 50)
    • Has a chance to fire off a shield-piercing EMP arc dealing 500 EMP damage
      • Chance based on target's hard flux, same as for other shield-piercing effects
    • Other stats mostly unchanged - still very slow (except for 2nd stage), low OP cost, ammo regen
    • Overall goals:
      • Make it into a useful very-long-range support weapon
      • But not one that benefits excessively from being fielded in huge numbers
The meat and potatoes of the missile changes, tradeoffs appear to make Pilums better but not like when they were the God of missiles.  Still would be interesting to add a cheaper second Pirate (or maybe LPath, but pirates just seem more missile happy) version of Pilums that keeps old/current range of 10000, but worse stats than current version of Pilum.  Just my opinion, but should balance benefits of being "fielded in huge numbers."
  • Shield Shunt:
    • Removed EMP resistance bonus
    • Now increases armor by 25%
So does this mean that only Resistant Flux Conduits Hullmod is only EMP resistance HullMod now?  No armor-related version, just flux related?  I smell another new low tech HullMod!  But maybe not, I guess it depends on how balanced this works out to be.  But would have to wait for 2023 update anyway, way too late currently.
  • Fixed issue with "deliver VIP" mission at the Galatia Academy not having a time limit
I've been meaning to ask about some of the GA quests lacking time limits in general, but this answers at least one of the questions.  Still, wouldn't the hostage negotiation mission also have a time limit?  IIRC, it does not... unlike the "buy tech from LPath" mission, that appears less in need of a time limit (although still maybe needs one, just with a much longer time limit.  Seller holding an illegal item and all).  Alternatively, if player takes too long for buyer, maybe the price change isn't so unreasonable after all (as in, if player shows up within time limit, buyer won't always ask for more money).
I wasn't always a Judge...

DaShiv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 03, 2021, 05:49:32 PM »

• Rift Cascade Emitter:
    • Significantly increased rift damage
    • Successive rifts are bigger and deal more than the initial ones in the chain

Just out of curiosity: what do the new rift numbers look like compared to the current 1000 per rift?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 03, 2021, 06:12:28 PM »

Interesting tradeoff, maybe I will still jam smaller sabots on instead.

Maybe! I'm low key excited about the (Dual) missiles; they feel like they'll be a genuine budget option - and since small missile slots are rather common, I think it's a change with a high potential impact on variety and loadout decisions.

Not that I'm not excited about the Pilum change, either :)

Still would be interesting to add a cheaper second Pirate (or maybe LPath, but pirates just seem more missile happy) version of Pilums that keeps old/current range of 10000, but worse stats than current version of Pilum.  Just my opinion, but should balance benefits of being "fielded in huge numbers."

Honestly, I've spent enough time trying to make 10k range missiles into anything other than either "really bad" or "way too good if massed" and am pretty well convinced that it's just not going to happen.

(It's possible to play some games with high max speed/low acceleration type things, but the results are a bit too unpredictable for my taste...)

So does this mean that only Resistant Flux Conduits Hullmod is only EMP resistance HullMod now?

Yep. But with Polarized Armor and Impact Mitigation (which affects EMP damage, though not *just* EMP damage), there's still plenty of ways to keep the weapons online.

I've been meaning to ask about some of the GA quests lacking time limits in general, but this answers at least one of the questions.  Still, wouldn't the hostage negotiation mission also have a time limit?  IIRC, it does not... unlike the "buy tech from LPath" mission, that appears less in need of a time limit (although still maybe needs one, just with a much longer time limit.  Seller holding an illegal item and all).  Alternatively, if player takes too long for buyer, maybe the price change isn't so unreasonable after all (as in, if player shows up within time limit, buyer won't always ask for more money).

Generally speaking they're story-type missions and they don't have time limits in the name of not being annoying. The VIP mission, it was just too poor of a fit to not have a time limit anyway, and variety is the spice of life, after all. I understand your point about it making varying degrees of sense with some of the other missions, but, just drew a line somewhere.

Just out of curiosity: what do the new rift numbers look like compared to the current 1000 per rift?

It used to be 1000 damage down to 500 at the fifth rift. Now it's 750 on the first rift, going *up* to 1250 for the fifth.

Aramoro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 03, 2021, 06:39:42 PM »

Uhhhhh let'see.

Valkyrie, Vigilance, Buffalo, Mule, Hermes, Wolf, Shrike, Revenant, and some weapon slots on others (Falcon, Eagle, Apogee).

Some weapons got touch-ups too; Autopulse, HIL, ... etc? And added a new Pilum stage, of course.

Cool man, thx.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 06:41:58 PM by Aramoro »

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 03, 2021, 08:33:34 PM »

Any theories as to when this will be released?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 03, 2021, 08:50:51 PM »

Uhhhhh let'see.
I think somewhere the Graviton Beam was one of those sprites, right?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 03, 2021, 09:04:54 PM »

Well, last time it was 6 months from patchnotes to release, so...  :D

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 03, 2021, 09:46:50 PM »

Hopefully this month  :P
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72