Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 248951 times)

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2021, 05:32:11 AM »

RELEASE NOW!
or else
Spoiler
I will be very sad
[close]

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2021, 05:39:33 AM »

Starfarersector patch notes are the best notes. Everything looks awesome, but is....
Star system that becomes permanently inaccessible REDACTED will now become accessible again after around a cycle
... this a reference to something new or something already in the game?
The point in the Galatia quest line when you nuke a gate with the prototype device?

If so, that is great!  No more exploring the entire sector looking for all of the gates first to find the one gate/system that is least painful to destroy or seal off.  It was definitely a point of decision paralysis.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2021, 06:07:14 AM »

Forgot to mention earlier: Now that there's precedent for vanilla planets having the new industry items, I expect mods will use them on their own markets too. I'll probably have Nex scatter some around the vanilla worlds.

"It's replaced there by the Fury; I think it makes more sense to have a general-purpose combat cruiser in the package than a more specialized exploration ship."

the thing is tho, the apogee is the only high tech cruiser with staying power, taking that out would make the whole skirmishing of high tech fleets alot less... well, effective, since without an anchor to bind the enemy fleets you really cant flank them with other ships

not to mention the apogee being the only reliable high tech missile plattform... and that large energy slot really should not be underestimated

even as a "specialized" exlporation cruiser the apogee is anything but a halpless science vessel, and has very strong damage output while still being exceptionally tanky, so arguably the apogee is exactly that, a general purpose combat ship that can be specialized in many diffrent ways

meanwhile, the fury is just a light version of the aurora

Apogee seems too powerful to be a "specialized exploration ship".  If anything, it feels more like a mini-Paragon or a Sunder with a much stronger shield.  It is a great bargain as a full-blown combat ship at 18 DP.

Be nice if high-tech pack had more ships like the low-tech and midline packs.  High-tech pack is a bit of a letdown.  I hoped the pack would get more ships.  Even four (with Wolf, Shrike, Apogee, and Fury) is less than the other two packs, and still no carriers in the pack.

That said, Fury seems to be a more typical specimen of high-tech than Apogee.
Problem could be solved by giving HT pack a new fleet anchor ship; high tech currently doesn't have any of those other than Paragon and the hybrid Apogee.
(I mentioned this before when Fury was announced, seeing as high-tech already had plenty of high speed attackers in both the destroyer and cruiser categories, and I felt it didn't really need a new one)

Secound, carriers are really in a bad place right now, and with the ballistic weapon buff they are getting even worse by comparison. Some drastic changes are needed. (Personally i would like if we could control the attack craft more directly, but if thats too much...) Just some upgrade statwise would be nice as well.
Alex, how do you feel about me bringing up officer skills for carriers again? (I drafted a post some time back, but didn't submit it because meh)

braciszek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2021, 06:29:42 AM »

It's finally here! I was halfway into reading these patch notes when I passed out from exhaustion. I finished reading them now, but my estimate for the release of this post from many months ago was off by two months. Personal note to add two months to all my starsector update estimates. :p

If you don't my asking, will the Remnant roster ever be expanded? (whether that is in scope at all or just very far away). Such as a larger carrier droneship than the feeble scintilla or even a phase droneship.

For us lore nerds:

... Would you consider there to be an implicit reason a drone phaseship doesn't exist? Tri-Tachyon, which has a history in developing phase warships and AI, don't seem to have developed the ultimate weapon. Considering AI don't really physically age much (see remnants) and would theoretically not be vulnerable to the psychological effects of phase... depending on the vector that effect takes hold, the combination would make the ultimate killing machine.

That or Tri-Tachyon would have lore reason to strap AI cores to phase coils and have them perform research at 3x the speed and save themselves some time. And the cores would be held hostage in case they tried anything as turning the phase coil off would cause them to be lost forever, no?

Unless AI cores are averse to phase space directly by knowing something about it that every human in the Persean Sector doesn't know. The... thing and its special event implies a fear of the specific technology developed for it and not inherently phase itself, so I cannot be sure there.

Whether or not you would entertain this idea, there are some of us who wouldn't mind seeing a ship other than Brilliants or Radiants for cruiser and capital slots in remnant fleets. Potentially add a little more variety to their fleets and more toys for the player on the Automated Ships skill end.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:40:50 PM by braciszek »

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2021, 06:30:25 AM »

Might as well be 700 to match light and storm needlers.  It could not combo very well except with 700 energy weapons like plasma cannon (on Paragon and Ziggurat).  800 range needler would combo well with 900 range ballistics on something like Conquest, but not 750 range needlers - not enough range.

I heavily disagree, the heavy needler combos well with heavy mortars and Light assault guns in addition to 600-700 range energies.  The 150 range gap is not big enough of a deal breaker to not use it in combination with a hellbore. If anything, the problem is a lack of another 700-800 anti armor ballistic medium. So it just makes you go "Why dont I just get the op and just combo this 900 range large with an HVD/Heavy mauler instead". Which actually begs a question about range hullmods in the future
Yes, needlers and mortars combo alright on the ships that would use it, although such ships (destroyers, falcon) do not have much OP to spare for heavy needlers.  The bigger ships with heavy and medium mounts were what I had in mind because they do not have 800 or 900 range medium HE to mix with inaccurate Mark IX.  (I tend to use Arbalest or Railguns on the smaller ships because they are relatively cheap and disposable.)

150 range gap (between heavy needler and large ballistics) breaks Steady Conquest.  100 range did not.  I tried.  I replaced the needlers with heavy ACs to make the older loadouts with 800 range kinetics and 900 range heavy weapons work.  (And such a Conquest needs Gunnery Implants so that the ACs are accurate enough.)

Try a reckless/Aggressive officer. Idk why you’re using steady when reckless/aggressive are easily the best personalities for combat ships. Especially for a ship with bad ai like the conquest due to its broadsider nature. Even then, I would consider the conquest the exception rather than the rule due to its said broadside nature.

Anyways, to go back on the discussion of the packages, Alex, what was your idea behind them/the skill? The problem with them was the fact that you set the cap for the skill too low, meaning only one frigate size ship could effectively benefit from it’s full effect. Was the goal for it to allow the player to have like a fleet of civilian ships combat ready? Or was it only for ships that were technically combat ready but could use a boost to make them more on par with military standard ships like the venture or the Prom/Atlas mk2s? If it was a matter of not enough ships to really justify it, could it not have been merged into a different skill? Or making some new pirate convertions of say the fuel tankers like the Dram/Phaeton? You could have also retroactively apply it to other ships like the Mule or the Buffalo Mk2s or the Colossus Mk2/3s.

Basically in what way did they not work out?

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2021, 06:32:48 AM »

Well I didn't expect those Mauler changes, wonder how it will feel to use now. Don't have any strong opinions about the change, although with them I once again thought to myself that having one more medium HE option would make these changes less controversial for some. It's just two complete extremes, short range budget DPS gun, and a long range sniper, with nothing in between.

Fair point about having an anchor in high tech blueprint, I'm also a bit sick at this point of "fast squishy high tech ship with mobility system and medium mounts all around", feel like there's plenty of those already. I know that's the point of high tech doctrine but come on other techs have more exceptions.

And thank youu!!! Thank you for making converted pirate and Ludd capitals actually usable with burn 7. As soon as I start a new game I'm getting a Prometheus MkII to be my flagship.
Please don't take me too seriously.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2021, 06:38:13 AM »

In my experience, Fury is doing the anchoring just fine currently. Sure, it does so through harassment instead of just being a stupid tough brick, but it's close enough for mobile fleets.

Forgot to mention earlier: Now that there's precedent for vanilla planets having the new industry items, I expect mods will use them on their own markets too. I'll probably have Nex scatter some around the vanilla worlds.
I would like most or all of the items scattered around in the core worlds, so you could raid for them, instead of exploration being your only option.

Alex, how do you feel about me bringing up officer skills for carriers again? (I drafted a post some time back, but didn't submit it because meh)
Especially now that you don't need to pick any of them, if you don't want to, if they're tier 1 combat skills.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2021, 08:01:52 AM »

Weapons/fighters:
  • Resonator MRM:
    • Increased damage to 250 (was: 200)
    • Reduced flux per missile to 50 (was: 200)
    • Increased starting ammo to 8 (was: 4)
    • Can now fire a full burst every 2 seconds (was: every 5)
    • Ammo regeneration rate still the same; 10 seconds for a full burst's worth
  • Shock Repeater: reduced flux/shot to 25 (was: 75)

Glad to see these changes (making the shock repeater a premium PD/EMP assault combo is great), but as noted by others here and on the discord, you might also consider taking a look at the reality disruptor.

Zonk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »

Incredible!!!

I'm so excited at being able to finally corral friendly ships with defend orders! Also, the change making friendlies defend a station at 2 flanking points rather than uselessly sitting behind the station is huge. Thank you so much for your hard work!

Also, I'd never heard of the bug where returning the ISS Hamatsu could leave you without a ship... lol!

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2021, 08:55:56 AM »

Re: Mauler change

I think it makes sense. Medium HE had 3 options: short-range buzzsaw (ACG), general purpose/inaccurate (Mortar), long-range/accurate/low-DPS (Mauler). The issue was that the Mauler just kind of plinked away and didn't actually deliver any kind of strong hit, despite it having the highest damage/shot of the three. Current Mauler can hit accurately but because of the reload speed, you're not guaranteed to really do appreciable damage to any particular armor cell. Nu-Mauler doesn't hit fast but it hits hard to single points.

If anything, it specializes it more, and with the reduced flux cost, it will be a bit more efficient for a "premium" weapon. 5 seconds of reload feels like a long time, though. The lower overall DPS is also going to look pitiful on paper but DPS doesn't tell the whole story. High damage/shot means less residual armor mitigation, being super-accurate means you're not wasting flux on misses, and the aforementioned hitting single armor cells/locations is also an intangible positive. When it comes to actually getting through hull, it will definitely lag behind but I suppose you're putting those rounds on target and from a distance.

Nu-Mauler sort of fills the gap that I think Medium HE was missing: a heavy hitter. I had suggested some time ago to have a Medium Hellbore-equivalent to replace the Heavy Mortar as the "cheap/efficient" option in Medium HE. You'd turn the Heavy Mortar into a true general-purpose weapon with a higher OP cost and 800 range. The Medium Hellbore would hit hard (400) but have lower range (700) and slow reload (3 seconds) but cost 7 OP. 600 damage (over 3 shots) every 5 seconds is basically that, though it can now do so at 1000 range and you have to pay a premium for it.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 08:59:09 AM by FooF »

AHandyDandyHotDog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »

I'm very happy with the new methods of distracting patrols, that is a very important inclusion for me. Both being able to place false signatures and having the patrols travel further away from their original spots so your efforts aren't wasted when they go right back along with you is very good.

I also want to say that I think story points are too easy to get, I think they should be a harder to come by. That, or the more useful uses of story points should be more expensive. Right now it feels like a get out of jail free card/ limitless credit card that I have basically infinite of because of the refund system.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2021, 09:21:26 AM »

Try a reckless/Aggressive officer. Idk why you’re using steady when reckless/aggressive are easily the best personalities for combat ships. Especially for a ship with bad ai like the conquest due to its broadsider nature. Even then, I would consider the conquest the exception rather than the rule due to its said broadside nature.
I do not like the more aggressive officers unless I plan to use mostly short-range weapons (which I am generally not fond of).  I would use Aggressive if I planned on a bumper car or melee fleet.  If I used Aggressive on Conquest, I would swap out AC/MarkIX/Mjolnir for Storm Needlers and Mortars (because it gets too close for other weapons).

Aside, I gave up using Gauss on AI Conquest.  With Cautious, it kept staying beyond Gauss range and cowered.  With Steady, it kept getting within 900 range, defeating the point of Gauss.  It was better off with more damaging and efficient weapons if it could not maintain range advantage with Gauss.

I also want to say that I think story points are too easy to get, I think they should be a harder to come by. That, or the more useful uses of story points should be more expensive. Right now it feels like a get out of jail free card/ limitless credit card that I have basically infinite of because of the refund system.
No thank you.  Colonies and historian have an insatiable appetite for story points.  Exploding 2^n costs are crazy.  They eat far more story points than anything else.  I need all the story points I can get to feed those hungry monsters.

Story points do not feel like plot movers.  They feel like vespene gas or rarer second currency used to buy upgrades for ships and especially colonies.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 09:25:10 AM by Megas »

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2021, 09:47:37 AM »

I hope combat is playable in my Vega 11... Being limited to only exploration killed 0.95a for me.

Was combat performance in 0.95a worse for you than from 0.9.1a? It's hard to see why that might be; it should've improved if anything. Hmm. But performance with 0.95.1 should be about the same as 0.95, regardless.

I used my early 0.95a benchmarks for that coment, I just tested the new drivers, and they work significantly better even if they run at 200Mhz insted of 300-500Mhz, the only problem I have now is the fact that Heron's Targeting Feed kills performace

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2021, 10:39:12 AM »

I'm getting terror images in my head, of Heavy Mauler spam... And every time a ship overloads or vents, it instantly gets tens of shells dumped at it at long range and armor stripped instantly. And unlike missiles, or say Hellbores, good luck really even trying doing anything about it during the moment.

Hmm - it wouldn't vent in Mauler range, and if it overloads, it's lucky that it's getting hit by Maulers and not a bunch of Harpoons, so I'm not sure I'm really on board with that.

Again, not to say that the changes are perfect or anything, and I'd like to spend more time with them.

I was going to make basically this exact point, but it would appear that others have beaten me to it.  However, it does beg a few further questions regarding implementation/patching.  Is the current code/colony skills going to be kept in the code as legacy in case someone wants to mod admin skills back in for admins while waiting for whatever the eventual decision is/next patch?

For now the old skills are around but there's no committment on my part to keeping them in the next major release; in fact I'll most likely clean them up at some point.

Also, how is/which current admins will get/keep the only skill (Industrial Planning) still available?  Admins that already have the skill, or just any two skill admin?  I only ask 'cuz I recently started a new run to hopefully update to the new patch with no/few issues, and am already dragging around some found admins while looking for that optimal colony location, need to decide which ones to fire and which to keep... and I double-checked your July blog post regarding this, it seems pretty ambiguous regarding who keeps what (maybe it was answered in the blog forum thread somewhere, not gonna reread that entire thing if I can just ask here).

When the save is converted over (which happens after the first time you load the game) non-Industrial-Planning skills will be removed.

Finally, I will say that the changes to the High Scatter Amplifier are extremely interesting, basically splits energy weapons into two categories via absence or presence of a single hull mod (beams doing hard vs soft flux damage to shields, but basically inversely proportional to energy weapon range).  Are there a bunch of code tags/hints to modify ships AI behavior when High Scatter Amplifier present/used vs. when not?  Seems like ship/energy weapon AI might still end up being too timid otherwise (although this prolly also may vary due to officer temperament).

If we're being honest, I'm a bit concenred that it may produce some far-too-powerful combinations, but we'll see!

I had runs where I purchased Assault/Escort Packages from the markets and used them with no problems even before I could invest into/when I ignored the Auxiliary Support skill (Could have been a mod, though?), so why not let them to be purchased and usable, even if they would not be as effective?

Ah - for how litle they do without the skill - while they might be very situationally useful - I don't think they're worth the added clutter.

You know, now that I actively think about starting a new game soon, I kinda wish there were a random starter frigate option. The random fleet option is fun, but it's also always a fast start with lots of playstile options. Having a single random frigate would force you to adapt to its specific strenghts and get to know it like you never could in a fleet context.

That does sound like fun! Not sure I can carve out the time to mess with it now, though, but... hmm. Tempted :)

Aptitudes whose skill has an "npc_only" tag will no longer be shown in the character screen
Oh no, is it possible for you to add another type of tag that allows a custom skill to be shown in character screen? I've made several obtainable unique skills from a quest and it would be great if custom skills can still be viewed in character screen. Thank you!

I think maybe I wasn't 100% clear - it's not "aptitudes where any of the skills has an npc_only" tag, but "an aptitude whose implementation-skill has that tag". Like, for example, AptitudeDesc in vanilla. There's no reason to have had the npc_only tag on that before, so it's not a change that takes any options away from you.

the thing is tho, the apogee is the only high tech cruiser with staying power, taking that out would make the whole skirmishing of high tech fleets alot less... well, effective, since without an anchor to bind the enemy fleets you really cant flank them with other ships

not to mention the apogee being the only reliable high tech missile plattform... and that large energy slot really should not be underestimated

even as a "specialized" exlporation cruiser the apogee is anything but a halpless science vessel, and has very strong damage output while still being exceptionally tanky, so arguably the apogee is exactly that, a general purpose combat ship that can be specialized in many diffrent ways

meanwhile, the fury is just a light version of the aurora

Ultimately, what goes into the packages is pretty subjective, right. I hear what you're saying (though the Apogee definitely also has non-combat features), but to me, given the overall feel of the high-tech package, the Fury feels like a better fit.

Are there any plans on releasing a CrewAPI/MarinesAPI in the next update?

I'm not at all sure what you mean.

First, a nerf/rebalance is long overdue for the Safety Override hullmod. It just gives you too much extra flux and the extra speed you get totally offsets the drawbacks of the range reduction. Please please change it.

Secound, carriers are really in a bad place right now, and with the ballistic weapon buff they are getting even worse by comparison. Some drastic changes are needed. (Personally i would like if we could control the attack craft more directly, but if thats too much...) Just some upgrade statwise would be nice as well.

Hmm, I don't think we're on the same page here, as I'm fairly happy with where both of these are at right now.

Fair, that is a considerably slower burst burst than I expected with 2.5s between shots, so it's barely even a burst from the sound of it. Or do you mean time between bursts here?

The actual burst is .6 seconds - a .3 delay between shots - with a 4.4 cooldown, so 5 seconds total cycle time.

Be nice if high-tech pack had more ships like the low-tech and midline packs.  High-tech pack is a bit of a letdown.  I hoped the pack would get more ships.  Even four (with Wolf, Shrike, Apogee, and Fury) is less than the other two packs, and still no carriers in the pack.

I wonder if the midline pack could do with a few less ships. Some of the ones in it - especially the Heron - feel like they might deserve to be a "rare blueprint" instead.

RELEASE NOW!
or else
Spoiler
I will be very sad
[close]

Spoiler
:'(
[close]

The point in the Galatia quest line when you nuke a gate with the prototype device?

If so, that is great!  No more exploring the entire sector looking for all of the gates first to find the one gate/system that is least painful to destroy or seal off.  It was definitely a point of decision paralysis.

Yep!

Well, you're always welcome to bring stuff up! But as far as likelihood-of-me-doing-something, it's fairly low, though it depends on the specifics. I'm not a fan of bringing back carrier-only skills; the new skill system (for 0.95.1a) is a deliberate step away from skills locking the player into a too-small set of ships. Yeah, ballistic and energy masteries do that to some extent, but the range of interesting ships that these benefit is broad.

Carrier skills, there aren't that many interesting ships to pilot - Astral, Legion, Heron. Maybe the Odyssey. But combining carrier skill effects with non-carrier effects seems like it would still incentivize you to pilot a subset of these ships due to them benefitting from both the carrier and combat aspects of the hypothetical skill. So it seems like a tricky design problem. That would be less of an issue for officer skill picks - if you have a dedicated carrier officer, that's fine - but since those come from the same skill pool...

Overall, I'm happier with the skill system now that it doesn't have these (well, almost - Point Defense, still) and the carrier effects are fleetwides-only.

If you don't my asking, will the Remnant roster ever be expanded? (whether that is in scope at all or just very far away). Such as a larger droneship than the feeble scintilla or even a drone phaseship.

It's definitely a possibility!

... Would you consider there to be an implicit reason a drone phaseship doesn't exist? Tri-Tachyon, which has a history in developing phase warships and AI, don't seem to have developed the ultimate weapon. Considering AI don't really physically age much (see remnants) and would theoretically not be vulnerable to the psychological effects of phase... depending on the vector that effect takes hold, the combination would make the ultimate killing machine.

That or Tri-Tachyon would have lore reason to strap AI cores to phase coils and have them perform research at 3x the speed and save themselves some time. And the cores would be held hostage in case they tried anything as turning the phase coil off would cause them to be lost forever, no?

Unless AI cores are averse to phase space directly by knowing something about it that every human in the Persean Sector doesn't know. The... thing and its special event implies a fear of the specific technology developed for it and not inherently phase itself, so I cannot be sure there.

Whether or not you would entertain this idea, there are some of us who wouldn't mind seeing a ship other than Brilliants or Radiants for cruiser and capital slots in remnant fleets. Potentially add a little more variety to their fleets and more toys for the player on the Automated Ships skill end.

I don't think there's a particular reason for it, and a drone-phaseship sounds like it could be fun. Likewise with capitals or a new cruiser, especially now that these can be part of the player fleet, too, and even controlled via Neural Link!

Anyways, to go back on the discussion of the packages, Alex, what was your idea behind them/the skill? The problem with them was the fact that you set the cap for the skill too low, meaning only one frigate size ship could effectively benefit from it’s full effect. Was the goal for it to allow the player to have like a fleet of civilian ships combat ready? Or was it only for ships that were technically combat ready but could use a boost to make them more on par with military standard ships like the venture or the Prom/Atlas mk2s? If it was a matter of not enough ships to really justify it, could it not have been merged into a different skill? Or making some new pirate convertions of say the fuel tankers like the Dram/Phaeton? You could have also retroactively apply it to other ships like the Mule or the Buffalo Mk2s or the Colossus Mk2/3s.

Basically in what way did they not work out?

The idea was that you could have a very limited set of civ-grade ships boosted to a high level. The cap was deliberately low so that you couldn't, say, get the full effect on an Atlas Mk.II or a Venture, but the effect was high enough that it would have, hopefully, made some actually-civilian-ships (say, the Tarsus) more combat-capable, since they'd get the full bonus.

But that didn't really work out, and instead it was functionally *only* a buff to the already-combat-capable conversions, which in turn made those trickier to buff directly. If you'll note, the Prometheus Mk.II and the Atlas Mk.II have both received significant improvements, which I felt freer to make now that I didn't have to worry about how those might combine with the package mods.

Basically, the goal was to see some more true-civilian ships in battle, and that didn't work out at all.

And thank youu!!! Thank you for making converted pirate and Ludd capitals actually usable with burn 7. As soon as I start a new game I'm getting a Prometheus MkII to be my flagship.

Excellent :D

Glad to see these changes (making the shock repeater a premium PD/EMP assault combo is great), but as noted by others here and on the discord, you might also consider taking a look at the reality disruptor.

... really? It seems borderline overpowered as-is, what with being able to bypass non-360 shields and completely lock a ship down. I mean, I'm open to feedback here, but that's my current impression of where it's at.

Also, I'd never heard of the bug where returning the ISS Hamatsu could leave you without a ship... lol!

Definitely not a common one to run into :)

What level do you mean at? It slows down quite a bit once you reach the cap. And before the cap, levels 1-10 taking more XP should make them a touch less easily available along the way.

I used my early 0.95a benchmarks for that coment, I just tested the new drivers, and they work significantly better even if they run at 200Mhz insted of 300-500Mhz, the only problem I have now is the fact that Heron's Targeting Feed kills performace

Ah, good! Yeah, that visual effect seems to occasionally cause problems, which is... odd. It's not doing anything particularly special that the game doesn't do at other times.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2021, 10:54:55 AM »

@ Alex:  The one ship I am kind of surprised not bring rare is the Dominator in the low-tech pack, with it being a heavy cruiser (especially now that we will get another lighter low-tech cruiser), and Eagle being its midline brother.  Eagle and Aurora are rare, and I expected Dominator to be so, but it is not.

I would not expect Heron to be rare if Mora is not.  They seem like direct competitors between the tech styles.

As for High Scatter Amplifier, I have some ideas to try out.  The one weapon I like to try with it is Paladin PD.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72