Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mjolnir alteration causes crash?  (Read 677 times)

ImperialGit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mjolnir alteration causes crash?
« on: December 16, 2021, 11:39:42 AM »

Hi all,

I tried increasing the range on the Mjolnir, and lowering the flux/shot. But now the game crashes on startup. What's up wit dat!? ;)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Mjolnir alteration causes crash?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 12:02:15 PM »

Very likely you messed up the formatting of the weapons.csv file - did you edit it with a microsoft application like notepad or microsoft excel? Because if you did, that's probably where the problem came from. If you're on windows, I suggest using notepad++, it won't randomly change line-ending characters on you or decide that everything needs quotes or whatever silly formatting mistake microsoft's set on making this time.

Regardless, probably the best thing to do now is restore the file from backup - you did make a backup copy before trying to edit it, right? - And then try again once you've verified that you've got a functioning file to work from.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 01:48:53 PM »

I suggest using notepad++

I suggest not using this either, its very unhandy to edit csv files with text editors, its better to download some dedicated csv editor like Ron CSV editor, its both kinda simple and lightweight, this will greatly reduce change of making mistakes, since it will displayed as nice table with columns and rows.

ImperialGit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 03:44:40 AM »

Good stuff fellas! It was probably the Excel that got me; I'll try wordpad next and if that doesn't work I'll bump up to the suggested CSV editor. Thanks a bunch :D

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 03:47:37 AM »

If you don't want to bother with a dedicated CSV editor, LibreOffice is both free and sufficient.