Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ore Refinery v0.8 - 03/07/24  (Read 103327 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Ore Refinery v0.65 - 03/10/22
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2022, 03:37:08 AM »

Umm yea, what he said :)

blackrave404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2022, 10:42:43 AM »

So in some sense yes

Ah, I see. Thanks.
Essentially there is rounding involved but overall it will be a profit. I made it originally because I got tired of having to toss out all the ore that I got when looting a mining station, all those credits to waste :( So even if you lost a little in conversion you make a lot in cargo capacity bulk.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC7] Ore Refinery v0.7 - 05/06/23
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2023, 06:14:14 AM »

v0.7 released today updating to 0.96a compliance - Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has all the details

I removed the Nexerelin requirements and though this mod is mainly used by Nex miners, it is also useful when you loot a mining station and get flooded with ores and cannot move.

I guess it has been awhile since I updated this mod since I received a warning that essentially I am necroing an old thread by replying :)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2023, 02:03:56 AM »

Hello all, I received a request on discord for a 0.95.1a version of the mod. Here is a dropbox link for v0.65 for anyone else who may want it as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhqlcx4h94eoqwp/Ore%20Refinery%200.65.rar?dl=0

Enjoy!

lusulpher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2023, 01:05:42 PM »

v0.7 released today updating to 0.96a compliance - Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has all the details

I removed the Nexerelin requirements and though this mod is mainly used by Nex miners, it is also useful when you loot a mining station and get flooded with ores and cannot move.

I guess it has been awhile since I updated this mod since I received a warning that essentially I am necroing an old thread by replying :)

Necro away!!!

Made an official account just to say, I'm genuinely appreciative of all the superb craftsmanship I've seen JUST POURING from this particular gaming community, on these QoL/Lore content fixes!

I've not seen a more positive/productive online community since my days in MMORPG "EvE Online"(pre-2011). You guys literally have "abandoned mods" that are better than most AAA studio content! ;D

StarSector Modders are simply unworthy of ANY shame.
See ya space cowboys... oo7

Lusulpher/XiangPotato ]:) -

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2023, 02:11:48 PM »

Necro away!!!
;)
Made an official account just to say, I'm genuinely appreciative of all the superb craftsmanship I've seen JUST POURING from this particular gaming community, on these QoL/Lore content fixes!
That is so kind of you to do, thank you!
I've not seen a more positive/productive online community since my days in MMORPG "EvE Online"(pre-2011). You guys literally have "abandoned mods" that are better than most AAA studio content! ;D
Agreed, I have had several kind mod creators reach out and offer to help me unasked. I am also so appreciative of all the help I have gotten from players giving their opinions and helpful point outs.
StarSector Modders are simply unworthy of ANY shame.

See ya space cowboys... oo7

Lusulpher/XiangPotato ]:) -
:)

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ore Refinery v0.7 - 05/06/23
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2023, 06:55:20 AM »

I like the idea of refining materials on the go, however I'd like to request/suggest a version that turns ore into metals, and transplutonic ore into transplutonics, and perhaps even organics to volatiles, it would be quite useful when used with certain other mods since then if you're for example short on metals for a mining station you could then just refine the metals for the station from locally sourced ore.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2023, 09:22:56 AM »

I like the idea of refining materials on the go, however I'd like to request/suggest a version that turns ore into metals, and transplutonic ore into transplutonics, and perhaps even organics to volatiles, it would be quite useful when used with certain other mods since then if you're for example short on metals for a mining station you could then just refine the metals for the station from locally sourced ore.
Hello there, always nice to hear from a player. I hade thought of doing that back when I made this mod but decided to keep it simple. Luckily, Ontheheavens released a mod later on that does what I think you are looking for, https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22961.0

I do hope that meets your needs.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2023, 11:10:03 AM »

Hello there, always nice to hear from a player. I hade thought of doing that back when I made this mod but decided to keep it simple. Luckily, Ontheheavens released a mod later on that does what I think you are looking for, https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22961.0

A bit more advanced than I had in mind(not a problem, just an observation), while Im not a fan of the idea of having to search derelict motherships for basic material refining Im sure I can find a work-around, probably only need to modify a file or two.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2023, 11:49:39 AM »

A bit more advanced than I had in mind(not a problem, just an observation), while Im not a fan of the idea of having to search derelict motherships for basic material refining Im sure I can find a work-around, probably only need to modify a file or two.
I figured with a name like [REDACTED] it would right up your alley :)

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2023, 07:42:46 AM »

So a problem I ran into was that mining stations often have 15000 to 50000 in ore, but I only had 600 cargo space, hence it took so many loads to get it done.
Would it be possible to add a to the skills the following:
Code
if(skillOn = true && cargo>maxCargo)
{
  setMaxBurn = 0
  setSupplyPenalityMultiplier = 1 // or just suppInf = true
}
So I could just load the 30k and let my fleet essentially be a temporary stationary factory, instead of all the micro management.

A second thing is, I know there is a mod somewhere that has a skill which transforms metal+heavy_machine into supplies at a 0.8 cost factor. Could you please add someting like this for food and metal? Or just converting food into organics and metal into anything else.
to be done some day... XD

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2023, 08:29:51 AM »

Well hello there mllhild, always nice to hear from you.
So a problem I ran into was that mining stations often have 15000 to 50000 in ore, but I only had 600 cargo space, hence it took so many loads to get it done.
Would it be possible to add a to the skills the following:
Code
if(skillOn = true && cargo>maxCargo)
{
  setMaxBurn = 0
  setSupplyPenalityMultiplier = 1 // or just suppInf = true
}
So I could just load the 30k and let my fleet essentially be a temporary stationary factory, instead of all the micro management.
I designed this mod to be a simple quality of life mod and did my best to make it not a cheat easy money mod. Your idea would certainly be a quality of life addition but it would also negate a huge cost negative to the game. I would have to play around with your code first to stay within the structure of QOL but not too cheatery but I'll certainly play around with the idea. I do so much tinkering with my other mods that sometimes I feel like I am neglecting this one so this is a welcome idea:)
A second thing is, I know there is a mod somewhere that has a skill which transforms metal+heavy_machine into supplies at a 0.8 cost factor. Could you please add someting like this for food and metal? Or just converting food into organics and metal into anything else.
I think what you are looking for is Ontheheavens' "Forge Production" mod https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22961.0 
That mod does what you are requesting and more and I would just be duplicating their work.

Thank you for your suggestion and especially supplying a code snippet for me to work with. I am currently away from home and will not be back until next week so that is the earliest I could start tinkering.

Crimson Spirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2023, 06:28:43 AM »

Hey, I love your mods, they're very cool

But I seem to have a problem (not sure if this was asked before, if it was forgive me), but I was trying to smelt Ore into Platinum Bars, my Ores were all gone and I didn't get a single Platinum Bar in return, I had tried to smelt a bunch and nothing
Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Now that I think of it, I don't think I've seen a single Platinum Bar in my entire playthrough so far (around 20 hours in)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 06:31:38 AM by Crimson Spirit »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2023, 08:53:49 AM »

Hey, I love your mods, they're very cool
Thank you for the kind words, it is what keeps me going :)
But I seem to have a problem (not sure if this was asked before, if it was forgive me), but I was trying to smelt Ore into Platinum Bars, my Ores were all gone and I didn't get a single Platinum Bar in return, I had tried to smelt a bunch and nothing
No this is the first time that issue has been reported.
Am I doing something wrong?
I assume you have both heavy machinery and ore in your cargo and are pressing the correct button. I did have one player tell me that the ore conversion button looked similar to the button that Timid's supply forge mod uses and in my game they are next to each other on the drop down.
Edit: Now that I think of it, I don't think I've seen a single Platinum Bar in my entire playthrough so far (around 20 hours in)
I am a bit confused over that as I have been using this mod since it's inception and never had that problem but I will help as best as I can. As a first step allow me to ask some clarifying questions:
Are you using Windows or Linux?
Are you assigning the buttons to your hotbar (I ask because they are not added by default) and pressing them to turn them on?
Have you changed the settings file to adjust the amount converted, or any of the files for that matter?
Are you receiving the other conversions: Palladium, Biophotovoltaics and CompV?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7